A New Hope!

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

No sh*t

People also flock in droves to watch every same as the last Marvel movie that comes rolling down the pike.

Doesn’t stop me from scratching my head over it.

And then there is the other Disney whine, Marvel

When people flock to movies, when they make billions, test people like them.  

Scratch away, youre in the distinct minority that doesn't let loose and enjoy those movies.  Its your opinion but not of  most people

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No sh*t

People also flock in droves to watch every same as the last Marvel movie that comes rolling down the pike.

Doesn’t stop me from scratching my head over it.

Eh disagree on Marvel. But totally agree on Star Wars. Then again I am an LOTR purist haha ?

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Original trilogy, Rogue One and Mandalorian

Everything else is trash, agreed. 

This. 

The Disney trilogy was doomed from inception with identity politics and paid the price for it drastically. 

Kathleen Kennedy is solely responsible for the state of affairs of the brand and it's no coincidence that the she had the least amount to do with Rogue One and absolutely nothing to do with Mandalorian. 

Doesnt take rocket science to figure out why it failed when 80% of the fan base is middle aged men. 

20201122_203335.jpg

DSy9zoy.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

This. 

The Disney trilogy was doomed from inception with identity politics and paid the price for it drastically. 

Kathleen Kennedy is solely responsible for the state of affairs of the brand and it's no coincidence that the she had the least amount to do with Rogue One and absolutely nothing to do with Mandalorian. 

Doesnt take rocket science to figure out why it failed when 80% of the fan base is middle aged men. 

20201122_203335.jpg

DSy9zoy.jpg

Is she Adam Gase's sister?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

jih0j1C9cDZ1Wwo8kDHUzHGP2qxBBDRGtaTLGyMR

I know I'm gonna get murdered for this - and I'm ready! - but I fckn HATE 'Star Wars'. I'm talkin' blind hatred here. I said it, and I'm glad! Rather liberating, actually. Go ahead, I can take it. Most people aren't huge fans of pumpkin pie. Throw your best pitch right at ma face! Riggggghhhht chere. Go on, put some muscle behind it. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absurd take.  

I watch the Mandalorian with my son and I feel like I'm watching him play a video game.  

Every episode is a new side mission.

Mandalorian, I'll fix your ship if you help me plow the fields.

Mandalorian, I'll give you this armor if you help me kill this snake.  

Mandalorian, I'll show you a map if you do this small task for me.

Season two has been better than one,  but I'm not a fan of RPG games. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, Untouchable said:

Sure, The Mandalorian and a solid sci-fi/fantasy trilogy from 40 years ago.

Everything else is terrible 

One of the most confusing fanhoods out there.

Star Wars started a decline downhill when Lucas went "Ewok" and turned it into a rated G children's product.  After that, the social justice warriors took what was left of it and turned it into canine excrement. 

Same deal with Star Trek,  It went from the absolute brilliance of the original series to useless social justice warrior pablum

Once the SJWs and or Disney get a hold of something good, you can be sure they will turn it into an absolute pile of junk. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 12:41 AM, Untouchable said:

I wish Star Wars was never conceived 

I think it's great for kids.  Saw one of the movies when I was 9 and it was decent.  Now I have a 6-year-old and he kinda likes the little bits he has seen here and there.

Sci Fi/Fantasy franchises are only as good as what the minds behind them can create.  The source material the movie universe is constructed from.  Why did L.O.T.R work?  Because it was formulating in the brain of a Oxford Professor of Languages and Literature for a good part of the 20th century. 

Star Wars was a grab bag of Kurosawa films, Flash Gordon, 12 O' Clock High.  A bunch of things a 60's nerd might have see growing up.  It worked for around three films.  And then once it got past it's original mythology that Lucas had originally created for it... Meh.  Then Star Wars films became even bigger visual epics with large continuity issues that most audiences saw past. 

If they just released the original films as was with the Twentieth Century Fox titles and without the extra effects.  It might be easier for everybody to vibe on.  You'd have the Rosetta Stone to compare everything else too.  I do like The Mandalorian though.

Can the Jets have their Rosetta Stone now.  How do we BE GOOD from now on!

On 11/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Original trilogy, Rogue One and Mandalorian

Everything else is trash, agreed.

I think Rogue One had the potential to be a really good Star Wars movie. Problem is, I didn’t care about a single character. Can’t even remember any of their names. The ending with the chick and not-Han Solo embracing before the big kaboom was supposed to be some big emotional scene, but I couldn’t have cared less.

It also was chock full of some of the most excessive fan service that I’ve ever seen in a movie.

The guys at RedLetterMedia did a spot on review of it IMO.

But The Mandalorian is great. Probably only second to The Expanse as my favorite show going right now.

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I think Rogue One had the potential to be a really good Star Wars movie. Problem is, I didn’t care about a single character. Can’t even remember any of their names. The ending with the chick and not-Han Solo embracing before the big kaboom was supposed to be some big emotional scene, but I couldn’t have cared less.

It also was chock full of some of the most excessive fan service that I’ve ever seen in a movie.

But The Mandalorian is great. Probably only second to The Expanse as my favorite show going right now.

Meh, I don't think it matters much whether you were that emotionally invested in the characters.  The point was this group came together and sacrificed for the greater good.  And I mean, how could you not feel something when the disc was being handed off from one person to the next as Darth Vader was mowing people down?  That was tremendous.

To me that was a pretty powerful story.  I think it served as, essentially, a solid prequel to what happened in Episode IV.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

I think it's great for kids.  Saw one of the movies when I was 9 and it was decent.  Now I have a 6-year-old and he kinda likes the little bits he has seen here and there.

It was also the 1st of it's kind.

In 1977, 1980, there was nothing like it.   Now, every movie looks great and sounds great, but Star Wars was the 1st.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I think that movie was changed a lot in the final editing.   Look at the initial previews for it, none of those scenes are in the movie.