Move Over Brady, Big Ben... Darnold is the Most Indispensable Starting QB...

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

Its early on the JD thing, but yeah...he's had some bad whiffs. Especially for a guy who was supposed to know o-line. All of his worst misses are there. 

Look, I'm not saying JD is bad - in fact I think he has potential, but he's done nothing - and I mean nothing to help Sam.  He seems to be planning for the future but Sam was not part of that plan.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Look, I'm not saying JD is bad - in fact I think he has potential, but he's done nothing - and I mean nothing to help Sam.  He seems to be planning for the future but Sam was not part of that plan.

Completely fair. I haven't written him off either, but this team leaves you jaded. Definitely has much to prove. 

• Upvote 1

You’ll never see Darnold in a Jet uniform again. Book it. Bet he gets IR’d this week. No reason whatsoever to risk your throwing shoulder to a pathetic 0-10 team. Not saying he will go on to be a great, good, or mediocre qb. But if he wants any chance of salvaging his career..... playing even one more down for this team would be foolish.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, rangerous said:

Silly thread.  Flacco fared no better. Once both Becton and fant went out he was under terrible pressure.  Darnold might’ve fared better because he’s far more mobile.  And let’s not forget darnold was injured back in the Denver game when bodyslammed.  Not a word about that from the jets or the league.

Because he choose to hold on to the ball rather than throw to a wide open Crowder Cager.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its amazing the mental gymnastics some here attempt to avoid this simple, incontrovertible truth.  

Flacco is a dinosaur with no mobility and glaucoma yet he is putting up points and throwing the deep ball. But Sam.. Sam needs more time and more playmakers and a better staff and more Gatorade.

• Haha 1