jetswinbaby!

Move Over Brady, Big Ben... Darnold is the Most Indispensable Starting QB...

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or the short ball or the intermediate ball.  

He’s literally the best at ad hoc double lutz plays and terrible at everything else 

3 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Really surprised to see so much Darnold hate. Am I the only one who doesn't want to give up on him just yet?

You aren't, but it is the side of the argument that is very clearly wrong.  

Even if you were right in thinking Darnold is still good, needs a better supporting cast, etc.....he can't stay healthy.  He has missed 3+ games each season (10 total) since he's been in the league, and the most important ability is availability. 

Sam Darnold is a soft b*tch, and his time is done here.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Really surprised to see so much Darnold hate. Am I the only one who doesn't want to give up on him just yet?

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

Taking all of the emotion out of it (because I certainly don't hate Darnold):

The way I look at it is, If Darnold wants to be here next year, he has to: (A) Get on the field and (B) Win enough games to not let us draft his replacement. He has 6 games, but he just doesn't seem capable of doing that. 

In essence, you can't go 1-15 in your 3rd year as an NFL starting QB and have any expectation of keeping your job. 

1 hour ago, Vader said:

He’s literally the best at ad hoc double lutz plays and terrible at everything else 

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

No one hates him. Its more of an evaluation done using our eyes, common sense, and remedial math. I wish him well in whatever profession he pursues after his career is done here shortly. Maybe he just doesn't find a new vocation at all. Retirement works with the robbery he pulled off here. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Flacco has had all the Jets weapons healthy at once I don't believe darnold has

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Weapons, where. If you're talking about the girl in 'Friday the 13th' throwing a ball of twine at Mrs. Voorhees and consider that a weapon, I guess so. Then again, a rifle stock to the crotch is another story.

... for the success of the tank!
Flacco the Backup is much too competent....
These games are getting much too close...
We need Darnold back in there to assure another blowout loss next week to Miami...
Any idea when he'll be back?

Do you mind changing your user name for the remainder of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Because he choose to hold on to the ball rather than throw to a wide open Crowder.

cager

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

nobody hates dam. we just see that he is a bust. no more. no less. 

Sammy has always played his best football late in the season. Him getting healthy and having healthy WR's? I'm thinking he'll play quite well. 

7 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

No. I'm right there with you 

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Because he choose to hold on to the ball rather than throw to a wide open Crowder.

Uh, rewatch the tape. Darnold may have been holding the ball too long but that doesn’t give the defender license to pick him up and plow him into the ground.  It was a viscous hit and caused the injury to the shoulder.

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Taking all of the emotion out of it (because I certainly don't hate Darnold):

The way I look at it is, If Darnold wants to be here next year, he has to: (A) Get on the field and (B) Win enough games to not let us draft his replacement. He has 6 games, but he just doesn't seem capable of doing that. 

In essence, you can't go 1-15 in your 3rd year as an NFL starting QB and have any expectation of keeping your job. 

What about keeping Sammy on the team AND drafting his potential replacement? Let the two guys battle it out in training camp, fair and square. Anyone with a brain knows damn well Sammy has had the very worst supporting cast. Hell, this year he's still yet to have a game where all of his top WR's have been healthy and on the field. Even then he's got to battle an incompetent coaching staff. Same coaching staff that simply overlooked using ANY of the Jets top WR's for half the game. 

If we miss out on Lawrence(Hope not!) we should stick with Sam and build around him. Not sold on Field and the rest. Without Gase, Sam might be resurrected.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

cager

Ah, thanks for the correction.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

Uh, rewatch the tape. Darnold may have been holding the ball too long but that doesn’t give the defender license to pick him up and plow him into the ground.  It was a viscous hit and caused the injury to the shoulder.

Sure, it was a bad hit, but it's no excuse for Darnold's poor play when his inability to see a wide open receiver and get rid of the ball promptly directly caused said injury.

• Upvote 1