Mekhi Becton?

FidelioJet

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He’s 21 years old and bumping hard with guys in the trenches. Give him a year to toughen up.

? Toughen up ?

This is the biggest man on the field at any given moment. That isnt something he should be needing to do. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, JTJet said:

? Toughen up ?

This is the biggest man on the field at any given moment. That isnt something he should be needing to do. 

He is 21. He’s probably never been hit so hard he got lifted off his feet until today. He has the right mentality but his body isn’t even all the way matured yet. Give him a year to acclimate.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He is 21. He’s probably never been hit so hard he got lifted off his feet until today. He has the right mentality but his body isn’t even all the way matured yet. Give him a year to acclimate.

The man is a monster... and you want to "give him a year"...

What is it with our fan base and giving players some time? 

space ghost blink GIF

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Wtf are you wasting our time with here?

PFF:

For the Jets, wide receiver Denzel Mims led New York in receiving yards (71) and running back La'Mical Perine left the game early but was able to get into the end zone. Tackle Mekhi Becton did not allow a single pressure on 31 pass-blocking snaps.

As talented as he is...and he does have super potential - but he's missed 1/3 oF the season already and missed time again today.  How can we possibly expect him to play a full season at any point in his career.  Honestly, I hope he does and can but it would be naive to pretend there aren't concerns.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

As talented as he is...and he does have super potential - but he's missed 1/3 oF the season already and missed time again today.  How can we possibly expect him to play a full season at any point in his career.  Honestly, I hope he does and can but it would be naive to pretend there aren't concerns.

He missed four stinking snaps so they could check out his knee. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If he suffered injuries @ Louisville I'd be concerned. But he didn't. 

•As a Freshman he played in all 13 games with 11 starts and 0 "injuries". ✓

• As a Sophomore he played and started in every game. ✓

• And as a Junior he played and started every game (minus their bowl game) before declaring for the NFL draft. ✓

And throughout his 3 year playing career he committed 0 penalties not a single holding, illegal chop block, hands to the face or a single false start absolutely 0 penalties committed; and dominated every single game. 

This injury prone horse crap is exactly that; HORSE CRAP. 

Give him a full offseason and strength and conditioning and preseason to adjust outside of a pandemic ruined off-season and he'll be A+ moving forward (he already is). 

I was a big Jerry Jeudy/CeeDee Lamb homer during the offseason and I wouldn't trade Becton for the world he's been absolutely dominating and today went up against a fierce Chargers outside pass rush and allowed 0 sacks off 0 pressurss and was physically DOMINANT. 

Trevor Lawrence will become THANKFUL for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Can a man his size stay healthy?

That's the same question I had asked frequently prior to the season starting. It remains to be seen. He's a great player but he's had a few injuries and we need Becton to stay healthy.