Jets will have to win 3 games in order to not have a top 2 pick

Jetsbb

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's truly crazy.  I can't imagine there's ever been a time in NFL history where a team that's 3 games below .500 at the 10 game mark is in 1st place in a division.

And as division winners they'll get screwed over draft-wise too. Currently listed at #19 with a 3-6-1 record. :D 

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's truly crazy.  I can't imagine there's ever been a time in NFL history where a team that's 3 games below .500 at the 10 game mark is in 1st place in a division.

The NFL sucks this year. More than 1/2 the league is rebuilding & injuries are killing the competitiveness. You have QBs out Burrow, Garapolo, Minshew, Darnold, Prescott and teams with just horrible injury riddled defenses with literally zero pass rushers. The quality of play is at an all time low, the Steelers are healthy & have a very good Oline + a very good Dline with pass rushers & they are undefeated with Big Ben back, not surprising. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

I knew we should’ve traded that useless junk Adams to the Jags for just their 2021 first. Imagine the picks galore we can command with Fields on the board at 2?

Yep, only problem with trading Adams was we should have done it sooner.  We could have Ceedee Lamb now plus Mims or like you say the Jags 1st

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

In the Jets case I agree.  

that’s how dumb this organization is

It’s true in all cases. “Tank” is a fans fantasy. No player wants to lose because it’s their jobs. No HC wants to lose because they won’t be there when the team is drafting. Look at the teams that fired their HC, they are playing better under their interim HCs. “Tanking” is just a fans talking point.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What does the Pats not having anything to play for have to do with anything.  Even if you believe that Belichich would toss a game over a QB he doesnt even know is coming out or will become all world after he retires, couldn't the Jets, wouldn't they sit everyone just as he paranoid fans think the Pats would do?

Gase would not sit the starters. 

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Gase would not sit the starters. 

But youre convinced that Belichick would?  After all these years watching him coach you see a guy who has no problem tanking a game?  Belichick, because we may drat a player hes afraid of or just to F the Jets?  

Ok

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If we go 0÷16 and adam gase is the coach next year ... the tank was indeed ... very very real.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

It's funny you posted that.  I was going to make the point that if tanking were real Gase would keep his job because he would have to be in on it. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

But youre convinced that Belichick would?  After all these years watching him coach you see a guy who has no problem tanking a game?  Belichick, because we may drat a player hes afraid of or just to F the Jets?  

Ok

Not convinced of of anything except that both coaches will try to win. 

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Not convinced of of anything except that both coaches will try to win. 

So we're in agreement.  

Others are so paranoid they think we'll need that loss and if unfortunately we win its because Belichick screwed us by out tanking us.  

Usually we're afraid that we're being screwed out of wins, now its being afraid that we're going to be screwed out of a loss.  

Its hard being a Jets fan

After suffering through the most miserable season in the history of the franchise, any ending other than getting the #1 pick in 2021 would be a catastrophic failure.  I'm also afraid that we are going to luck into a win somewhere on the schedule, so we need the Jags to win another just in case, because it would be soooooo Jetsy to go 1-15 and NOT get the #1 pick.

• Upvote 1

i love the...jets may win 2 more games but they arent winning 3. have you watched the games? i'd be shocked they win a game this year unless its against the patriots backups...and even then i'd give them the edge. for crying out loud, we got a guy calling plays through another guy.

10 hours ago, King P said:

Yes, we're not winning 3 games. I still think we'll win 1 games, and I can see 2 games, but definitely not 3.

Sidenote: Looking back at it, the Bengals tying with the Eagles back in Week 3 ultimately ended up being a blessing in disguise for us. Had the Eagles won that game, Cincy would have an extra loss, and would be a real threat to us. Now that Burrow is out, the Bengals aren't winning another game. So 2 wins would put us out of the Top 2. But that tie is like a win, so now we're in a great spot going forward.

It’s a great point about CINN.

We are going to win a game and we could potentially win two. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So we're in agreement.  

Others are so paranoid they think we'll need that loss and if unfortunately we win its because Belichick screwed us by out tanking us.  

Usually we're afraid that we're being screwed out of wins, now its being afraid that we're going to be screwed out of a loss.  

Its hard being a Jets fan

2020 sucks in so many ways. We should just get a do over on this when year.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

All the 2 win teams won increasing the gap between the 2nd and 3rd pick. Its now a 2 team horse race for the first pick between the Jags and Jets. Gardner Minshew started throwing last week so hopefully he is back. We need that first pick clinched before the Patriots game or we are screwed. Patriots will not be playing for anything and we all know what that means.

Belichick does not toss games against the Jets....can we stop with that narrative 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

I think BB would rather send us to hell and clinch 0-16 then tank a game to potentially screw us out of the 1st pick. Just like last game when he was suppose to “tank it” against us and came back from a 10 pt lead ??‍♂️

This....and I’ll take it one further. People as competitive as Bill Belichick would relish in ruining Trevor Lawrence for us. He undressed Darnold and made him see ghosts on national tv. Completely embarrassed him and the franchise’s (then) shiny new FQB.

I don’t think he is scared of the Jets getting anyone. He’ll want to put the punctuation on 0-16 for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1