Lawrence downfield accuracy

hmhertz

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Its funny that all this data is starting to appear. A few of us after watching every snap of Lawrence, could see he struggles with downfield accuracy and benefits tremendously from the talent around him. 

@greenwichjetfan credit for this but he found the data that supported everything many of us have been saying about Lawrence.  It fun when you watch something, make a statement, get blasted for it and then the data starts coming out....

All that said, I have no doubt in my mind Trevor Lawrence is the NY Jets QB next season and that's exciting. 

GeNeRaTiOnaL!!!!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Its funny that all this data is starting to appear. A few of us after watching every snap of Lawrence, could see he struggles with downfield accuracy and benefits tremendously from the talent around him. 

@greenwichjetfan credit for this but he found the data that supported everything many of us have been saying about Lawrence.  It fun when you watch something, make a statement, get blasted for it and then the data starts coming out....

All that said, I have no doubt in my mind Trevor Lawrence is the NY Jets QB next season and that's exciting. 

I agree I wouldn't be sad at all if the Jets take Lawrence over Fields . I just hate all these "experts" that buy into the media hype over Lawrence and the generational talent nonsense. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I agree I wouldn't be sad at all if the Jets take Lawrence over Fields . I just hate all these "experts" that buy into the media hype over Lawrence and the generational talent nonsense. 

Likewise, my whole love for Fields is just really in response to the ridiculousness of Lawrence being generational.  He's never been the clear cut best QB in the NCAA but he's generational?  He wont even win a Heisman.  That's just now how it works if you're generational. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Likewise, my whole love for Fields is just really in response to the ridiculousness of Lawrence being generational.  He's never been the clear cut best QB in the NCAA but he's generational?  He wont even win a Heisman.  That's just now how it works if you're generational. 

I may be mistaken but I don’t think guys like Elway, Peyton or Luck won the Heisman either.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Trevor Lawrence, Clemson Tigers
Draft class: 2021

Lawrence's freshman season was arguably more impressive from a draft perspective than anyone on this list's best college season overall. The cannon arm and quick decision-making we saw during that 2018 season were special traits, regardless of age.

The scary thing: He's still getting better. We've seen a level of accuracy from Lawrence this season that we had not seen from him in years past. Our ball charting says that Lawrence has been the most accurate quarterback in college football in 2020, with 73.7% of his throws hitting their mark -- even higher than Joe Burrow's incredible 71.7% mark at LSU last season. 

Lawrence is as sure a thing as we've seen at the quarterback position in Pro Football Focus' seven years of grading college football

Wake Forest. The Citadel, Virginia , Ga Tech, Miami, Syracuse.

Hardly a murderers row and outside of Va and Miami defenses that make the Jets D  look good. 

Burrow had these few cream puffs - Ga Southern, Nw State , Vanderbilt and Utah State but look at the rest of his 2019 schedule:

Texas, Florida, Miss St, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Georgia, Texas A&M , Oklahoma, Clemson. 

• Upvote 3

That stat is concerning to me.

With the loss to the chargers its getting hard to contain my mounting excitement of this ACTUALLY happening, getting Trevor Lawrence who I’ve been hearing about since he was in high school. 

still 6 games to go but I want this guy more than any other prospect ever and will be crushed with a Jets win. that stat gives me pause. 

Is this really going to happen- are we going to get Trevor Lawrence...holy sh*t, it really could

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah, because it's impossible to prefer Lawrence due to football reasons. Only mouth-breathing "media hype" sheep can have that opinion. 

30 rock eye roll GIF by TV Land Classic

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

So you prefer Fields because you don't like the adjective some pundits use to describe Lawrence? Impressive analysis.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

So you prefer Fields because you don't like the adjective some pundits use to describe Lawrence? Impressive analysis.

I don’t prefer Fields.  It’s still to be determined.  There are things I like better about about Fields and things I like better about TL.  It’s close.  That’s my point.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Lawrence long ball stats

Lawrence is 35% on passes that travel over 20 yards. Fields is 73%. Sam Darnold (in the NFL 2019) is 42%. NFL avg is around 50%.

Just an interesting stat that jumped out at me.

What is the source of this? That’s not what I see. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

He wont even win a Heisman.  That's just now how it works if you're generational. 

Doug Flutie, Vinny Testaverde, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow (lol), Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RG3, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield; COMPLETELY SAY OTHERWISE. 

You can keep your little "Heisman award winners' because any knowledge Football fan understands that...

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

Have a whopping 0 (combined) "Heisman Trophy's"

PS: Your boy Fields has never and will never win a "Heisman" either. 

lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah, because it's impossible to prefer Lawrence due to football reasons. Only mouth-breathing "media hype" sheep can have that opinion. 

30 rock eye roll GIF by TV Land Classic

Its not the mouth breathing media hype that's the true problem  its the sheeple that suck it up like a sponge. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don’t prefer Fields.  It’s still to be determined.  There are things I like better about about Fields and things I like better about TL.  It’s close.  That’s my point.  

Ah, gotcha. I'm glad that this is turning into a "2 QB draft" -- still not convinced we won't pick #2...