Lawrence downfield accuracy

hmhertz

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Lawrence long ball stats

Lawrence is 35% on passes that travel over 20 yards. Fields is 73%. Sam Darnold (in the NFL 2019) is 42%. NFL avg is around 50%.

Just an interesting stat that jumped out at me.

Link please?

or its all just bullshyt.......and it still might be even with the link lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I can see that, especially when you lump anyone who prefers Lawrence as a sheeple.

Nope not all. I have no argument with people who believe Lawrence or Fields are very good NFL prospects, in fact I fall into that category. I use that word for the people who buy lock stock and barrel into the can't miss hype by quoting media sources and HS stats.  

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

ot all. I have no argument with people who believe Lawrence or Fields are very good NFL prospects, in fact I fall into that category. I use that word for the people who buy lock stock and barrel into the can't miss hype by quoting media sources and HS stats.  

Hmm... it's a question of percentages. But yes, if anyone believes that Lawrence -- or any prospect -- is a 100% lock to succeed, I agree with you. Now if we can only find someone who believes that.

We all know if Macc was here with the #1 pick it would be Lawrence without question, because that's what the media tells him.

But with JD let's see if a real evaluation takes place.  Lawrence and Fields will likely have closer evaluations than may people think.

Do the Jets take the best QB or the most popular one?  And yes, they could be the same person.  But last year's media buzz was all around Burrow and Tua, yet it looks like Herbert could be the best of the three.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hopefully, the Jets will not screw this up and they end up with Lawrence OR Fields. Whichever they end up with will be a far less important factor than who they hire as the next HC. I just hope they end with one of the 2 QBs AND hire someone like Matt Campbell or a HC type -- no coordinators who want to be HC/OC or HC/DC.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Lawrence long ball stats

Lawrence is 35% on passes that travel over 20 yards. Fields is 73%. Sam Darnold (in the NFL 2019) is 42%. NFL avg is around 50%.

Whats more interesting is Sam Darnold struggles with the long ball and throwing the ball downfield. 

TL is 1000x a better QB than Sam Darnold will ever be. 

Something happened to Sam Darnold he was much better his rookie season than he is now. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Whats more interesting is Sam Darnold struggles with the long ball and throwing the ball downfield. 

Something happened to Sam Darnold he was much better his rookie season than he is now. 

Hard not to believe Adam Gase has made him worse. Tannehill has looked like a much better QB away from Gase, and Darnold's last 2 years have been way worse than what he showed his rookie season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Doug Flutie, Vinny Testaverde, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow (lol), Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RG3, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield; COMPLETELY SAY OTHERWISE. 

You can keep your little "Heisman award winners' because any knowledge Football fan understands that...

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

Have a whopping 0 (combined) "Heisman Trophy's"

PS: Your boy Fields has never and will never win a "Heisman" either. 

lol.

This guy is intense^

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Lawrence long ball stats

Link to these stats? Only thing I found resembling this is Lawrence’s numbers through his first 9 games his freshman year. Most recent for Lawrence I saw was 55%.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Doug Flutie, Vinny Testaverde, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow (lol), Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RG3, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield; COMPLETELY SAY OTHERWISE. 

You can keep your little "Heisman award winners' because any knowledge Football fan understands that...

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

Have a whopping 0 (combined) "Heisman Trophy's"

PS: Your boy Fields has never and will never win a "Heisman" either. 

lol.

Many of the NFL's greatest busts won the Heisman. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Wrong wrong wrong 1000x wrong.  TL can be a very good QB , Sam had the ability to be a very good QB.  Both possess enough physical talent to succeed in the NFL. No one and I mean no one knows if a QB will take the next step at the next level - those saying otherwise are simply speculating. Sam lost confidence and hasn't developed in the mental aspect of the game - how will Lawrence face adversity if he's drafted by the Jets and loses multiple games - no one knows .

• Upvote 1