Lawrence downfield accuracy

hmhertz

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Likewise, my whole love for Fields is just really in response to the ridiculousness of Lawrence being generational.  He's never been the clear cut best QB in the NCAA but he's generational?  He wont even win a Heisman.  That's just now how it works if you're generational. 

Except John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck didn't win the Heisman either.

You can debate "generational" or not but clearly being a all time great prospect isn't inherently the same as winning the Heisman or even being the "best" QB in college football.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not asking this to antagonize you, but do you have any pics of Trevor Lawrence wearing a slim-fit waffle-knit three-button henley where he has all three buttons coquettishly undone, and with maybe a sultry look in his dreamy bedroom eyes and with his flowing locks rakishly unkempt like he just woke up on a sailboat or maybe in an Indian Summer hammock?  

Do a Google search. I know you have weak internet because you bootleg it off of the other men in the low income rooming house with shared bathroom in Hell's Kitchen.

Or go to the local library or maybe next time your at the soup kitchen you can land a hot-spot on your pay as you go trac cell phone. 

Im not trying to degrade you I just keep it real. 

Sorry I cant help you. 

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Except John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck didn't win the Heisman either.

You can debate "generational" or not but clearly being a all time great prospect isn't inherently the same as winning the Heisman or even being the "best" QB in college football.

Context matters here and era matters here and I'm using the trophy to drive home the point ie; how can you be generational when you're not the best at YOUR position.  

When Elway and Manning were in college, other positions won the Trophy.   Especially Elway.  RB's dominated.  Herschel Walker won the Heisman the year Elway was a Senior, Georgia won a Nat'y on his legs.  10 years in a row, RB won the trophy.  Elway was the best QB, just not the best player.

When Manning was a senior, Charles Woodson won it carrying Michigan to a Nat'y.  Manning really wasnt that good his senior year.  Embarrassed by both Florida and Nebraska.  Woodson won it sandwiched between 6 RB's and 1 QB.  That said, he was the best QB prospect but not the best player.

Then the 2000's hit and it was all QB's.  2 non-QB's have won the Trophy since that time (Henry and Ingram).  The year Luck came out, RGIII won the Heisman, he was selected #2 overall.  Luck was 2nd in voting.  It was close. 

Since TL has been in the league, Murray and Burrow won the trophy and they were clearly, the better QB's. When Murray won, he competed with Tua and Haskins.  Last year the Heisman candidates were Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields...and Chase Young.   Meaning, TL has never even been in the top 3 conversation and more than likely, he wont be again.  Trask, Wilson and Fields are all above him.  Paul Finnebaum just came out and said, "Fields is the most talented player in college Football"....so I provide this all to prove my overall point - Trevor Lawrence is not generational.  Great prospect, going #1 overall.  Generational?  No.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not asking this to antagonize you, but do you have any pics of Trevor Lawrence wearing a slim-fit waffle-knit three-button henley where he has all three buttons coquettishly undone, and with maybe a sultry look in his dreamy bedroom eyes and with his flowing locks rakishly unkempt like he just woke up on a sailboat or maybe in an Indian Summer hammock?  

This isnt totally creepily specific or anything...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Context matters here and era matters here and I'm using the trophy to drive home the point ie; how can you be generational when you're not the best at YOUR position.  

When Elway and Manning were in college, other positions won the Trophy.   Especially Elway.  RB's dominated.  Herschel Walker won the Heisman the year Elway was a Senior, Georgia won a Nat'y on his legs.  10 years in a row, RB won the trophy.  Elway was the best QB, just not the best player.

When Manning was a senior, Charles Woodson won it carrying Michigan to a Nat'y.  Manning really wasnt that good his senior year.  Embarrassed by both Florida and Nebraska.  Woodson won it sandwiched between 6 RB's and 1 QB.  That said, he was the best QB prospect but not the best player.

Then the 2000's hit and it was all QB's.  2 non-QB's have won the Trophy since that time (Henry and Ingram).  The year Luck came out, RGIII won the Heisman, he was selected #2 overall.  Luck was 2nd in voting.  It was close. 

Since TL has been in the league, Murray and Burrow won the trophy and they were clearly, the better QB's. When Murray won, he competed with Tua and Haskins.  Last year the Heisman candidates were Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields...and Chase Young.   Meaning, TL has never even been in the top 3 conversation and more than likely, he wont be again.  Trask, Wilson and Fields are all above him.  Paul Finnebaum just came out and said, "Fields is the most talented player in college Football"....so I provide this all to prove my overall point - Trevor Lawrence is not generational.  Great prospect, going #1 overall.  Generational?  No.

So I guess we're never allowed to consider Patrick Mahomes as generational anymore, because of no "Heisman"? lol 

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes

0 Heisman's (COMBINED). 

Screenshot_20201123-143230.thumb.png.c12d4504115c9e587c9588fcfea7500c.png

Completely says otherwise (76-1). 

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Burrow won the trophy 

You mean as a 5th year college student? Cool story, lol

PS: Trevor Lawrence became the first and only True Freshman QB to ever win a National Championship dating back to 35 years ago of 1985; STRAIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL. 

(76-1). 

Trevor Lawrence has been to two National Championship games in two years and will appear in his 3rd National Championship Game here in 2020 when in comparison to Justin Fields; who will never make it to a National Championship Game. 

Trevor Lawrence has been to two National Championship games in two years and will appear in his 3rd National Championship Game here in 2020;

when in comparison to Justin Fields; who will never make it to a National Championship Game. 

Screenshot_20201123-143230.png