Lawrence downfield accuracy

hmhertz

16 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@Defense Wins Championships just because I know you like this stuff, here is Lawrence in 8th grade:

Yes man a kid that young shouldn't have been that good it's scary; he's the Bobby Fischer of the QB position (natural phenom). 

You know what's nuts?

When Sam Darnold was @ that age and only in middle school? He was still learning how to TACKLE as a LINEBACKER and not until High School did Sam get converted to QB (where he was an absolute turnover/fumbling machine @ QB in HS). But yet we wonder why Sam can't read defenses ala a late start @ the position (that's why Grand Master Chess players learned the game of chess as a small child because once you're 14/15 it's too late to become a natural).

You know what else is nuts?

He's still to this day the only kid of his hometown who's ever practiced with the Varsity Football Team while still only in middle school. And he absolutely destroyed the Varsity defense and immediately too (as a middle schooler). 

He's different. 

He's a phenom. 

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm sorry you were just waisting time making the pointless argument that he cant be generational because he hasnt won a Heisman but it doesnt mean anything.  When none of the previous "generational" type QBs won Heismans 

You apologize

NEVER

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm sorry you were just waisting time making the pointless argument that he cant be generational because he hasnt won a Heisman but it doesnt mean anything.  When none of the previous "generational" type QBs won Heismans 

You apologize

Anytime he brings up his little "Heisman Trophy" talk as a Trevor Lawrence slight?

lol

Just copy and paste this list I specifically created for him (was getting tired of his Heisman ? talk) and mush his face in it. Every. Single. Time...

(and remind him that these 21 QBs combined for a whopping 0 "Heisman's")...

Joe Namath. 

Johnny Unitas

Bart Starr. 

Terry Bradshaw. 

Joe Montana. 

Dan Marino. 

Jim Kelly. 

Troy Aikman. 

John Elway. 

Warren Moon. 

Steve Young. 

Brett Favre. 

Peyton Manning. 

Tom Brady. 

Drew Brees. 

Ben Roethlisberger. 

Aaron Rodgers. 

Russell Wilson. 

Deshaun Watson.

Dak Prescott. 

Patrick Mahomes. 

Because he literally doesn't know how to respond to it. And he can't (without begining to feel clueless). 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He seems to believe that QBs such as Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Carson Palmer, Jason White, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RG3, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota and Baker Mayfield are "GENERATIONAL" due to winning Heisman Trophy's lol it's laughable. 

And big deal about Joe Burrow winning one; the guy was a 5th year college student the year he won it...

So what - what does what year a player wins it in matter 

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So what - what does what year a player wins it in matter 

Let's just say that Trevor Lawrence's true Freshman year coming straight out of college was better than Joe Burrow's 4th year as a college student (2018). 

Yes. He had the greatest single season of All-Time last year but it took him 5 years of college developing before he was able to pull it off. 

Congrats. 

I'm pretty sure that Trevor Lawrence would dominate the Heisman rankings too come his 5th year as a college student of 2022 (two more seasons after 2020) lol. 

16 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Hope you realize Justin Fields 247 Composite score was .9998 and he is 8th all-time. So if Trevor is generational by this metric, is Fields too? 

Nope. 

Because Fields never became the first and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Game dating back to 1985 (as did Trevor Lawrence), Fields never made it to a single National Championship Game not even 1 time let alone twice (as has Lawrence), Fields won't get drafted #1 overall (as will Lawrence) and Fields was out performed by Trevor Lawrence when they met in the playoffs last year and lost the game with 2 INT's thrown and an embarrassing 14 rushing attempts for only 13 yards with a disgusting yards per carry average of 0.9 yards per rush attempt. 

I will admit though. Justin Fields has done a good job of living in Trevor Lawrence's shadow (as a prospect). 

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Let's just say that Trevor Lawrence's true Freshman year coming straight out of college was better than Joe Burrow's 4th year as a college student (2018). 

Yes. He had the greatest single season of All-Time last year but it took him 5 years of college developing before he was able to pull it off. 

Congrats. 

I'm pretty sure that Trevor Lawrence would dominate the Heisman rankings too come his 5th year as a college student of 2022 (two more seasons after 2020) lol. 

Again, are you 15 ?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Clemson passes the football 54.6% of the time (18th most in the Country). 

Ohio State passes the football 40.9% of the time (103rd most in the Country). 

Something JiF won't tell you guys about when making up lies about Trevor and his "screen passes".  

You are insufferable. Stop acting like a petulant child. You aren’t always right. And again I actually fall on the side of Lawrence and have discussed this with @JiF

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. 

Because Fields never became the first and only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship Game dating back to 1985 (as did Trevor Lawrence), Fields never made it to a single National Championship Game not even 1 time let alone twice (as has Lawrence), Fields won't get drafted #1 overall (as will Lawrence) and Fields was out performed by Trevor Lawrence when they met in the playoffs last year and lost the game with 2 INT's thrown and an embarrassing 14 rushing attempts for only 13 yards with a disgusting yards per carry average of 0.9 yards per rush attempt. 

I will admit though. Justin Fields has done a good job of living in Trevor Lawrence's shadow (as a prospect). 

Okay, I like both a lot but also prefer Trevor, just was wondering why you’d post his 247 composite rating when it means nothing 

Blah blah blah Heisman blah blah blah Manning and Luck and Elway never won one blah blah means nothing 

blah blah blah TL won a Nat’y blah blah blah played in 2  blah blah blah 

///looks at how many Nat’ys were won and played in by Manning and Luck and Elway, sees 0

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Blah blah blah Heisman blah blah blah Manning and Luck and Elway never won one blah blah means nothing 

blah blah blah TL won a Nat’y blah blah blah played in 2  blah blah blah 

///looks at how many Nat’ys were won and played in by Manning and Luck and Elway, sees 0

GIF by South Park

• Haha 2

On 11/24/2020 at 4:45 AM, MichaelScott said:

What bothers me is that there seems to be someone in each of the last drafts who shines like Herbert, but it's never the consensus top pick. The way the league has been with regards to rating QBs I almost have more faith that we would pick the best QB in the draft with the Sea pick

Well that would be the perfect scenario, because then it would mean we'd have even more picks from trading the #1 or 2 away....