Pointdexter

Is our WR group in good shape for next year?

The Jets need to find a low-end WR1 / high-end WR2 type guy in FA, an Eric Decker type that they sign to more than a 1-year deal for the sake of stability.  A sure-handed solid route runner that makes the QB comfortable, regardless of who that QB is.

love Allen Robinson  ... can't imagine any chance he'll sign with us though ... even grossly overpaying

4 minutes ago, ljr said:

love Allen Robinson  ... can't imagine any chance he'll sign with us though ... even grossly overpaying

He's my dream WR signing. And you never know. New coaching staff, new QB (Lawrence or Fields), and giving him a good contract can sway him here.

• Upvote 1

No we need a true #1 WR 

Ju-Ju Smith Schuster,Breshad Perriman,Denzel Mims,Jameson Crowder, drafted top rookie or rookies  ____________    _____________

Berrios and all other JAG's need to be removed from the roster. 

..NOT  yet  😪   

( draft & free agents )     😉

b48d39cc8a8f97e708c618542fc738e3.jpg

I think it's in pretty good shape if you add a legit FA or spend another high draft pick, then continue to supplement the position with picks in coming years. Perriman can be brought back as the #4 potentially.

Written it before, I'll write it again - buyer beware on Smith-Schuster. Ever since Brown left Pittsburgh, he hasn't shown the traits you'd want in a no. 1 receiver. Far too inconsistent to be a bona fide no. 1 receiver and is being out-produced (particularly in terms of touchdowns) by a rookie.

If I were JD, I'd be targeting A-Rob and Godwin in free agency. If I miss out on both of those targets, I'd pivot back towards re-signing Perriman on a short-term deal. Looking at the list of free agent wide receivers, there's not a lot of quality behind Robinson, Godwin and Smith-Schuster. Kenny Golladay could be good but would seek an overpay versus his production (especially this season). 

You cant trust Perriman.  He's a great #3/4 guy.  

Draft another WR.

No, we need more depth and a top tier receiver, so I’d like them to sign Allen Robinson and draft one or two receivers in the middle to later rounds of the draft. Also, since tight end is a big need for this team I’d really like to see them try to sign Hunter Henry. Signing them both would be a huge upgrade for us and give real nfl talent for whoever our QB is next season. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets need to find a low-end WR1 / high-end WR2 type guy in FA, an Eric Decker type that they sign to more than a 1-year deal for the sake of stability.  A sure-handed solid route runner that makes the QB comfortable, regardless of who that QB is.

The NY Jets need to find a true #1 WR no more low end #1 WR imposters. 

• Upvote 1

When Trevor Lawrence throws for 3500 yards next year and we have two 1,000 yard pass catchers I predict two outcomes:

1. Many will claim Lawrence sucks because the Jets go 3-13.

2. Many will say it doesn't really prove that Darnold stinks.

23 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Allen Robinson? Chris Godwin? 

Godwin, maybe. I just don't think that Robinson is an impact receiver. Certainly not for what he's going to want in free agency.

12 hours ago, jgb said:

When Trevor Lawrence throws for 3500 yards next year and we have two 1,000 yard pass catchers I predict two outcomes:

"Darnold could have played the same with Roman at HC and we would have Penei Sewell!"

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, heymangold said:

still don't trust Perriman.  i'd rather sign a guy like A-Rob or Golladay to go with Mims, Crowder and an early pick.

Trade the Seattle first and a future second for Michael Thomas

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JiF said:

You cant trust Perriman.  He's a great #3/4 guy.  

Draft another WR.

Mims is the real deal but Perriman always looks good in meaningless games late in the season.  This guy sneezes in September-October and he's injured

On 11/24/2020 at 11:02 PM, heymangold said:

I’m in.

Saints are $90 million over the cap which is getting reduced due to lower revenue this year

Trade for this beast

4C56D631-3D6F-4AEB-8DFD-34EF299C2B59.jpeg.4bc3513119251d4aba077c13d8f419de.jpeg

On 11/23/2020 at 7:25 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

If the Jets sign a free agent WR like Robinson or Simon and Schuster, I'd be okay not using a high draft pick on a WR, I'd actually prefer it. It would be better used on other positions instead of now bludgeoning to death a former area of extreme weakness.

Not in our Random House!

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 10:43 PM, jgb said:

Back tracking already I see.

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Back tracking already I see.

Explain. I hear you cluckin' but I can't find your nest.

I think Mims will be a solid WR2 for a long time. Very happy with his prospects. Perriman and crowder can be solid contributors as slot guy and possession target. We still need the big WR1 that can win and get separation on Deep routes consistently. Godwin fits that to a tee. So did Robby, but that’s water under the bridge. 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:11 AM, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Godwin, maybe. I just don't think that Robinson is an impact receiver. Certainly not for what he's going to want in free agency.

I totally disagree on Allen Robinson. There is a compilation of clips of Robinson getting open & the Bears QBs missing him. Robinson is a beast & with a New Coaching staff & QB I think he comes here! 

• Like 1