Interesting Denzel Mims Stats

It’s a shame he missed the first 6 games.  Even though it’s a small sample size his numbers and the way he plays is very impressive.  My only complaint is that he isn’t getting targeted nearly enough.  At this point Mims should be getting as many looks as possible especially since he has shown he can be productive 

16 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s a shame he missed the first 6 games.  Even though it’s a small sample size his numbers and the way he plays is very impressive.  My only complaint is that he isn’t getting targeted nearly enough.  At this point Mims should be getting as many looks as possible especially since he has shown he can be productive 

I think they’re getting there. Seemed Flacco was just chucking it up to him yesterday in the 2nd half. Like I said in the game thread, the team can’t make adjustments so they just decided to call it in in the first half and implement their game plan in the second half. It’s ridiculous but it ended up being true. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We could have had both. And Perriman.

You can't have Anderson and Trevor Lawrence though. Anderson would have come at the expense of the 1st pick. So maybe history will prove it right on that account alone.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Robby has 818 yards with 6 games to go. Another Gase hot take that won't age well.

All those receptions and yards, yet such little production (1stdown/reception and TDs).

Not looking to defend Gase here, but how was this his decision? Contracts are handed out by JD. And, by the way things sound, Robbie rather wanted to be in NC, and I get that.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

All those receptions and yards, yet such little production (1stdown/reception and TDs).

Not looking to defend Gase here, but how was this his decision? Contracts are handed out by JD. And, by the way things sound, Robbie rather wanted to be in NC, and I get that.

Gase despised Robby. DESPISED HIM.  It is on Douglas for sure, he let him walk. Going forward I hope we see Douglas setting the roster more in his vision. Gase's vision is terrible, we have seen it unfold with Gore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Denzel Mims, in games  he's been active, leads the NFL in Air Yards. Basically means he isn't getting dink and donk easy pass catching attempts to pad his stats. The current leaders in air yards (who have played the whole season) are Metcalf/Diggs/Jeudy/Robinson/Tyreek/C Ridley/Lockett. That is pretty good company to be in. Of course it wouldn't mean anything if Mims was getting shut out. but he is producing fairly well for a rookie. 

Denzel Mims is also the first Jet WR to post 40 receiving  yards in his first 4 games. 

Still no td's. But I can wait till next year for that ?

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gase despised Robby. DESPISED HIM.  It is on Douglas for sure, he let him walk. Going forward I hope we see Douglas setting the roster more in his vision. Gase's vision is terrible, we have seen it unfold with Gore. 

Really? I never heard anything about this. makes sense why he walked off.  On a lighter note, we all here despise Gase, except for SAR1 of course SMH

29 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

No Compensatory pick for losing Robby?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Of course not.  They lost Anderson, Shell and Compton.  That was more than cancelled out by Fant, McGovern, Perriman, Van Roten, and Onwusor.  

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Side note: some posters are still saying Mann has been good. Maybe I somehow overrated him coming out but I haven’t really seen him boot the ball yet that made me say “Dayamn!” I must have had too high of expectations. Am I wrong?

Can't judge him properly until he has a competent gunner.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I believe that JD has already put his fingerprints on this locker room. He likes leaders and players that do the right thing. Witness that he drafted 4 team captains in the last draft.

I believe they maybe wanted to bring Robbie back. But it was going to be on a friendly deal to the team. I don't believe they were torn apart when Robbie left. Robbie's trouble with the law probably did not help his case.

Honestly, I love the Gore signing as a stop gap measure. From the accounts of everyone that has spoken out, Gore is a positive locker room influence, spends time with the RBs in the film room, and nurtures them in the ways of the game.

The Jets need MORE Gore types that represent a positive influence on and off the field.

Can we have some players that represent a positive influence on the field instead of off it?  How can anyone argue that the signing of a 37 year old RB is anything more than a stop gap measure?  Is someone counting on him being a 5 year starter?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can't judge him properly until he has a competent gunner.

When everyone said we needed weaponz, I thought he’d be the Mann for the job... the culture changer we needed. Maybe his leg is worn out already—really earning that paycheck. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Can we have some players that represent a positive influence on the field instead of off it?  How can anyone argue that the signing of a 37 year old RB is anything more than a stop gap measure?  Is someone counting on him being a 5 year starter?

I kind of did say that he WAS a stop gap measure. One that also supposedly also brings veteran leaderhip.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He has been a HC for a long time and I’m still not sure what his vision is besides Manning at QB. Anyone else with talent gets shipped off. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I kind of did say that he WAS a stop gap measure. One that also supposedly also brings veteran leaderhip.

You absolutely said it.  My point was, what else could he be?  They said the same thing about Tomlinson and Forte.  It would be nice for the understudy to emerge.  At least on the Jets and not on some other team like Mostert or Ballage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

You absolutely said it.  My point was, what else could he be?  They said the same thing about Tomlinson and Forte.  It would be nice for the understudy to emerge.  At least on the Jets and not on some other team like Mostert or Ballage. 

Got to hope that it is Perine, to some degree. Although, I don't believe he will be a heavy workload back, and there will be a rotation. Nothing wrong with that.

When Gore was signed, Bell was still on the roster, so they were not going to put much more money in that position for. this year.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Got to hope that it is Perine, to some degree. Although, I don't believe he will be a heavy workload back, and there will be a rotation. Nothing wrong with that.

When Gore was signed, Bell was still on the roster, so they were not going to put much more money in that position for. this year.

I don't want to put any money in the position, any year.  There are plenty of backs providing production in the NFL that aren't money veterans or super high picks.   We have had quite a few.  Mostert for one.  We had both of the backs the Chargers trotted out there yesterday on our roster.   Meanwhile we have dead money in Bell, and are paying for Gore's HOF farewell tour.  

Make no mistake, I am not complaining about what you are saying, but the very idea sends me into a rage.  The only reason we didn't dump any more money into the position beyond Gore was because we had Bell?  That is like saying the only reason we didn't make a mistake is because we already made a minor mistake in addition to our larger mistake.  It's absolutely true and it make me very angry.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We could have had both. And Perriman.

I think this is the thing people miss with the whole, Robby, Perriman, Mims equation.....it’s not about having Robby would be better than Perriman or vice-versa....it’s that we could easily have had all 3 and each would’ve complemented the other and along with Crowder given us a very competitive WR group.....and the performance of each would likely be improved by having the others alongside them, Mims could be even more effective if both perriman, Anderson and JC are lining up as well and giving opposing D’s something else to worry about 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Robby has 818 yards with 6 games to go. Another Gase hot take that won't age well.

I like Robby and would have liked if we had signed him, but those have been a quiet 818 yards. He has only 1 TD and three 100+ yard games in the first five games of the season. Since then, he has been steady but unspectacular. Since joining the Panthers, the biggest thing is that he hasn't disappeared like he used to do for stretches with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Side note: some posters are still saying Mann has been good. Maybe I somehow overrated him coming out but I haven’t really seen him boot the ball yet that made me say “Dayamn!” I must have had too high of expectations. Am I wrong?

Mann has been decent, not great.  I've yet to see the big booming leg yet but I think he's added value.  A rare hit on a 6th round draft pick.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1