Interesting Denzel Mims Stats

4 hours ago, dcJet said:

That's exactly the thing.  We haven't seen a replay of him using explosion and quickness to deek defenders.  We've seen plenty from other rookies in his class - claypool, jefferson, CeeDee, etal.

The question is why haven't we seen it?   Is Gase not letting him run anything other than fades and digs?  Is he running other routes but not getting the ball or not getting open?  We don't know.  

Meanwhile posters here are declaring him a WR1.  My take is - I haven't seen it yet.

For one hes played 2 or 3 games, on top of that you need to see him go long?  Thats the separation thats important. 3 for 71 or 6 for 150 isnt good?  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Running a 4.38 at his size is MOVING

Plus he's played 4 games, give him time to make his mark, learn the NFL game & gain more confidence. That's when guys turn the corner like Cooper Kupp did. We put Allen Robinson next to him & maybe Pitts? Mims will be a PITA for a 2nd CB to deal with at his size. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Plus he's played 4 games, give him time to make his mark, learn the NFL game & gain more confidence. That's when guys turn the corner like Cooper Kupp did. We put Allen Robinson next to him & maybe Pitts? Mims will be a PITA for a 2nd CB to deal with at his size. 

I want Michael Thomas.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, Losmeister said:

shout out to @GREENBEAN

looks like Zelly is turning outto be the player we both thought he could be pre-draft

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

Damn straight. This guy was an absolute steal where we got him.  I thought JD's trade down was ludicrous and I began to think we were in for a lot more of the same BS with our GM. Then he took Mims at #59. 

I don't know if I can call him Zelly though. I hope you don't mind lol 

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I want Michael Thomas.

On July 31, 2019, Thomas signed a five-year, $100 million contract extension with $61 million guaranteed with the Saints.

I'd imagine it'll take too many trade assets to New Orleans in order to receive Michael Thomas from them?

So I think I'd much rather look to strike on an Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith-Schustet or Chris Godwin come Free Agency; while keeping all of our trade capital in order to build around (hopefully) Trevor Lawrence moving forward. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

On July 31, 2019, Thomas signed a five-year, $100 million contract extension with $61 million guaranteed with the Saints.

I'd imagine it'll take too many trade assets to New Orleans in order to receive Michael Thomas from them?

So I think I'd much rather look to strike on an Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith-Schustet or Chris Godwin come Free Agency; while keeping all of our trade capital in order to build around (hopefully) Trevor Lawrence moving forward. 

This upcoming draft could be a corner changer for the Jets. Lawrence or Fields? Pitts, Moore or Devante Smith, Etienne or Harris, Creed Humprey or Josh Myers, and who knows what we could get for Sam? 

The Choices above will land within our 1st three picks somewhere. Then you have whatever we get for Sam plus 2 threes including pick #65. 

* Dream trade for Sam is Marshon Lattimore & the Saints 3rd round pick. Saves the Saints 10.5 million & they are way over the cap. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Of course you want to make your deal, not honor someone elses if its advantageous.  But we dont know who will be available, we dont know who is looking to move on from which WR yet other than we know its been reported that the Saints would move Thomas.  

On 11/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis was calling him a WR1 well before the 2020 draft.  And the evidence is only moving toward that direction, not away from it.  

Put it this way.  Mims is practically the only reason to enjoy watching this team.  Becton too to a lesser extent but only because he's Oline.  If Davis, Hall and Zuniga play for the rest of the year, then that too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Put it this way.  Mims is practically the only reason to enjoy watching this team.  Becton too to a lesser extent but only because he's Oline.  If Davis, Hall and Zuniga play for the rest of the year, then that too.

It's funny watching all the Douglas critics have to backtrack now that we're seeing the capabilities of his first draft class.  Used to be, for some, that the entire draft outside of Becton was a bust.  The more we see guys on the field, the more we see that simply isn't true at all.