With OL Pat Elflein set to be activated today, who gets cut?

Sarge4Tide

I think the original plan was probably to cut PK Sergio Castillo once Elflein was ready to be activated, but they may want to hold onto him for another week to make sure Ficken isn't the one to cut instead.

SO, in the meantime, they have to cut someone, the 4 most obvious choices are:

1. QB Mike White - if Darnold is a "GO", White is back on the waiver wire and headed for the Practice Squad again - he's earned more money for doing nothing than anyone since Ringo Starr
  2. LB Bryce Hager - hasn't done much since being signed off the Practice Squad - with Luvu back, he could be gone.  Depends on the availability of Cashman and Onawuasor going forward
  3. OL Josh Andrews - you have to figure Elflein is intended to replace Andrews, but with Elflein on an expiring contract and Andrews on a controllable contract next year, they will probably keep him
  4. WR Vincynt Smith - he's on the roster, but basically taking up a spot right now - I had high hopes for him, but he didn't do much - maybe he's hurt or something, but he could be gone (Smith is also on a controllable contract in 2021, so maybe he will be kept around for depth)

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If White is waived again, I believe this will be the 3rd time this season. 

He must really suck if no one has picked him up yet, considering how many QB injuries there have been across the league.

It would be hard for a team to claim him and cut somebody off their roster with White not playing at all in preseason or regular season.  I think that's the Jets' plan - nobody will claim him and if anyone did, it's no great loss

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think the original plan was probably to cut PK Sergio Castillo once Elflein was ready to be activated, but they may want to hold onto him for another week to make sure Ficken isn't the one to cut instead.

SO, in the meantime, they have to cut someone, the 4 most obvious choices are:

1. QB Mike White - if Darnold is a "GO", White is back on the waiver wire and headed for the Practice Squad again - he's earned more money for doing nothing than anyone since Ringo Starr
  2. LB Bryce Hager - hasn't done much since being signed off the Practice Squad - with Luvu back, he could be gone.  Depends on the availability of Cashman and Onawuasor going forward
  3. OL Josh Andrews - you have to figure Elflein is intended to replace Andrews, but with Elflein on an expiring contract and Andrews on a controllable contract next year, they will probably keep him
  4. WR Vincynt Smith - he's on the roster, but basically taking up a spot right now - I had high hopes for him, but he didn't do much - maybe he's hurt or something, but he could be gone (Smith is also on a controllable contract in 2021, so maybe he will be kept around for depth)

Dude, don't go there.   ?

• Haha 2