Perriman has more TDs than Robby Anderson

BroadwayRay

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They offered him a contract. He decided to go elsewhere. By accounts, the first 2 years of that contract were exactly the same. The difference was the Jets offered 4 years. Not sure what the guarantees were in either contract.

Robbie decided to bet on himself. Good for him. History will decide whether that was a smart decision. 

You know what is telling? Any NFL team could have had Robbie for a second round draft choice 2 years ago. No team bit on offering him a contract. That should let you know somewhat about how the NFL as a whole feels about Robbie. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity in FA last year either.

It is up to JD to make this team and each unit better. In the end, THAT is how he will be judged. I don't believe he is totally sweating the Robbie defection at this point. There are plenty of others ways to pivot at the WR spot. It appears that Mims may be a good start.

Robby should’ve been offered Enuwa’s deal and he would’ve accepted then 

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Robby should’ve been offered Enuwa’s deal and he would’ve accepted then 

I know you are being facetious, but that Enunwa contract was pure stupidity. It was a 4 year $36m deal, with a $9m signing bonus.

Supposedly (and Robbie refutes this), the Jets offered him 4 years $40m. Signing bonus unknown.

21 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

3 v 1 in far fewer games. Also has a 15 yard per catch average vs 11 for Robby. 

He’s played well since returning from injury. Playing with a QB with decent deep ball accuracy has also helped. 

I hope the Jets resign him. 

Also, I’ve had enough of hearing about how Darnold has sucked because he doesn’t have good receivers. Perriman is evidence that it works both ways — our good receivers are going to waste because they don’t have a good QB. This was the case when Robby was here, too. 

Relax. He’s got 18 catches in 6 games. He’s got one good game against a bad Patriots secondary. 

35 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

They offered him a contract. He decided to go elsewhere. By accounts, the first 2 years (average) of the contracts were exactly the same. The difference was the Jets offered 4 years. Not sure what the guarantees were in either contract.

Robbie decided to bet on himself. Good for him. History will decide whether that was a smart decision. 

You know what is telling? Any NFL team could have had Robbie for a second round draft choice 2 years ago. No team bit on offering him a contract. That should let you know somewhat about how the NFL as a whole feels about Robbie. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity in FA last year either.

It is up to JD to make this team and each unit better. In the end, THAT is how he will be judged. I don't believe he is totally sweating the Robbie defection at this point. There are plenty of others ways to pivot at the WR spot. It appears that Mims may be a good start.

Yes. Mims is an excellent start and the only way JD can make up for his 2020 off-season Robby Anderson blunder is to sign one of either Allen Robinson/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Chris Godwin and if not I'll probably never forgive him (Because an outside duo of Mims/Anderson would've been dynamic) but if so I'll praise him like never before. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. Mims is an excellent start and the only way JD can make up for his 2020 off-season Robby Anderson blunder is to sign one of either Allen Robinson/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Chris Godwin and if not I'll probably never forgive him (Because an outside duo of Mims/Anderson would've been dynamic) but if so I'll praise him like never before. 

As other here have stated. "Robbie wanted to be a Panther". he said that.

Without Matt Rhule, he is not an NFL player. He doesn't have the opportunity to play in college without Rhule. Kudos to Robbie for that loyalty.

18 hours ago, Losmeister said:

The pointg is that ther majority ~85-90% of JN are stupid football fans who blamed UDFA Robbo for the Great White Hope being sh*tty at playing QB, and then replaced him with a 1st rnd bust and tryda make out like that was a LATERAL move. 

But JN keeps coming back to try to slag Robbo, cos they are stupid.

If you think that people are stupid for suggesting that a QB would suffer if he didnt have any capable WRs you should stay out of football conversations.  None of us are stupid for giving a viable reason into the conversation.  Yes, QBs cant play well when theyre not protected and have no one to throw to.  Does that mean with WRs and an OL Sam would be top of the league?  No but that doesnt mean he doesnt need players around him.  Anyone who doesnt see that is the one needs a few lessons (being nice)

34 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Without Matt Rhule, he is not an NFL player. He doesn't have the opportunity to play in college without Rhule. Kudos to Robbie for that loyalty.

That's an untrue statement man because Robby Anderson coming out of High School down here in Florida outside of Temple also had NCAA offers from Schools such as Illinois, Marshall and Indiana. Matt Rhule definitely helped him get back into school after being academically suspended and gave him an opportunity to play WR but if Robby would've went to either of Illinois, Marshall or Indiana I believe he would've found his way into the playing field and into the NFL as either a CB or WR. You are correct though, Robby has definitely never forgotten how Rhule faught for him getting back into school. 

59 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I know you are being facetious, but that Enunwa contract was pure stupidity. It was a 4 year $36m deal, with a $9m signing bonus.

Supposedly (and Robbie refutes this), the Jets offered him 4 years $40m. Signing bonus unknown.

Not being facetious. If Jets offered Robby that deal at the end of 2018, Robby would've accepted.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's an untrue statement man because Robby Anderson coming out of High School down here in Florida outside of Temple also had NCAA offers from Schools such as Illinois, Marshall and Indiana. Matt Rhule definitely helped him get back into school after being academically suspended and gave him an opportunity to play WR but if Robby would've went to either of Illinois, Marshall or Indiana I believe he would've found his way into the playing field and into the NFL as either a CB or WR. You are correct though, Robby has definitely never forgotten how Rhule faught for him getting back into school. 

I am positive that Anderson's numerous scrapes with the law  also soured JD to a degree on Anderson.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:28 AM, BroadwayRay said:

3 v 1 in far fewer games. Also has a 15 yard per catch average vs 11 for Robby. 

He’s played well since returning from injury. Playing with a QB with decent deep ball accuracy has also helped. 

I hope the Jets resign him. 

Also, I’ve had enough of hearing about how Darnold has sucked because he doesn’t have good receivers. Perriman is evidence that it works both ways — our good receivers are going to waste because they don’t have a good QB. This was the case when Robby was here, too. 

He's a better receiver if healthy. But he's not often healthy. Then again no one on the Jets is.

• 1 month later...