The Team Is Still Fighting...BS

BettyBoop

Many posters and writers have recently pointed out that the team is still fighting for their coach.  What are they supposed to do???  The Jaguars are still fighting while they’re still in a position of getting the #1 pick.  Does Marrone deserve credit for that?  No.  The Chargers fight every week and they have the second worst coach in the NFL.  Does Lynn deserve credit for that?  No.  These teams are still fighting despite their coach, not because of them.  

THREE two win teams won yesterday.  They’re still fighting.  This game is a business and players are ALWAYS fighting for their next contract.  The fact that so many Jets are playing on a one year team-friendly deal, provides them with all the motivation they need to fight.

It ain’t about Gaze.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

People are remarking that they're still fighting mainly when discussing the likelihood of the Jets winning a game this year.

Nobody this side of Sar I is actually giving Gase credit for that.

I believe Hughes and Costello made these kind of comments in the last 24 hours.

23 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Many posters and writers have recently pointed out that the team is still fighting for their coach.  What are they supposed to do???  The Jaguars are still fighting while they’re still in a position of getting the #1 pick.  Does Marrone deserve credit for that?  No.  The Chargers fight every week and they have the second worst coach in the NFL.  Does Lynn deserve credit for that?  No.  These teams are still fighting despite their coach, not because of them.  

THREE two win teams won yesterday.  They’re still fighting.  This game is a business and players are ALWAYS fighting for their next contract.  The fact that so many Jets are playing on a one year team-friendly deals, provides them with all the motivation they need to fight.

It ain’t about Gaze.

Teams that have given up will often create problems in the locker room, creating factions where some guys care against others who don't. 

The Jets have not done this , or at least we have not heard about any of this and trust me if they did the media would pounce all over it relentlessly. 

So either one of two things is happening 1) The Jets have strong vet leadership in the locker room or 2) The coaching is doing a good job keeping the team together.

But just because the team is not quitting on the Coaches doesn't mean they are doing a good job overall - some of you guys want it 100% one way or the other , in most cases that's not how it works. 

• Upvote 1

Really good players don't have to fight and scratch for a job in the NFL.  The Jets roster is full of players who would be cut outright or be on the bubble with most NFL teams.  Having a roster full of C talent guarantees effort.  The Jets roster if full of guys who need to show that they belong every week.  It's probably harder if you have a good roster to keep players on edge and playing with a sense of purpose and urgency if they know their value isn't dependent on scratching and clawing their way onto the bottom of the roster. 

Playing hard is nice but it's not how you build a winner.  You need great players and you need to keep them motivated to work together and execute consistently over 16 weeks.  The Jets don't remotely have the look of a roster that has winning talent. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

THREE two win teams won yesterday.  They’re still fighting.  This game is a business and players are ALWAYS fighting for their next contract.  The fact that so many Jets are playing on a one year team-friendly deal, provides them with all the motivation they need to fight.

It ain’t about Gaze.

They are really doing a professional job with the Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Anyone can throw a game, but it takes some skill to make it look as good as the Jets have.  They have been really cleaver to show effort at all times, while ensuring the desired results of a loss on the scoreboard.. 

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

-153 point differential in ten games.

This puts them on pace to be one of the 10 worst teams OF ALL TIME.

If this is them fighting (or if you are worried they might win one), I've got a bridge to sell you.

LMFAO so factual and true. 

Let me know if you find a buyer for that bridge I have some swamp land in close proximity to that bridge ive been looking to sell. 

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

It ain’t about Gaze.

Agreed. They're fighting to show they belong in the NFL. A new coach will watch game tape and see who played and who simply went through the motions. And if they're cut / not resigned, same will happen elsewhere; GMs and coaches will watch their tape to see if they're worth signing or not.

It was always said players played hard for Rex ... never got us anywhere either (unless you count keeping him on as coach for even longer).

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

More "fight" fodder:  As a team, we have 5 rushing, 9 passing and 1 defensive TDs.  You could not try to be this inept/embarrassing.

But they are playing hard for Adam Gase. 

1 person is fighting and  thats Frank Gore relationship with AG everyone else is just going through the motions players under 1 year contracts are playing for another contract of hopes another team signs them out of here and not get injured. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

They are really doing a professional job with the Tank For Trevor Campaign.  Anyone can throw a game, but it takes some skill to make it look as good as the Jets have.  They have been really cleaver to show effort at all times, while ensuring the desired results of a loss on the scoreboard.. 

Who is the "they" who are doing such a good job?

Gase / Loggains / Williams who are more than likely out of a job by end of the season? They want to give the guy who'll fire them a great draft pick in return?

Or the players, many of whom will struggle to stay on with the team under a new coach who doesn't have any ties to them and will judge them based on their 2020 performances?

I've still to understand how the ones who operate this "tank" are the ones who will not be around to benefit from it.

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Who is the "they" who are doing such a good job?

Gase / Loggains / Williams who are more than likely out of a job by end of the season? They want to give the guy who'll fire them a great draft pick in return?

Or the players, many of whom will struggle to stay on with the team under a new coach who doesn't have any ties to them and will judge them based on their 2020 performances?

I've still to understand how the ones who operate this "tank" are the ones who will not be around to benefit from it.

Joe Douglas.  Look at the players that have been removed from the roster.  Also... Has he made any high profile signings during the season to stop the bleeding ??? Nope.  None at all

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This team couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag. 

There is no fight in this team lets not forget the game Sam Darnold was body slammed and injured, no one came to defend him. 

Thank you for this.  I’ve been saying for quite some time that the jets should’ve been all over the league office for this non call.  All they did was crickets. I can’t say if the team didn’t respond though because there were a couple of late hits on the Denver qb.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Agreed. They're fighting to show they belong in the NFL. A new coach will watch game tape and see who played and who simply went through the motions. And if they're cut / not resigned, same will happen elsewhere; GMs and coaches will watch their tape to see if they're worth signing or not.

It was always said players played hard for Rex ... never got us anywhere either (unless you count keeping him on as coach for even longer).

Good points.  The guys on short term deals are playing to make sure get a job somewhere next season.  The drafted players are playing to make sure they don’t get cut or, if they, do can latch onto another team. This is nothing new.  They didn’t play for Bowles either.

56 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Joe Douglas.  Look at the players that have been removed from the roster.  Also... Has he made any high profile signings during the season to stop the bleeding ??? Nope.  None at all

Do you understand the term rebuild ? And yes its quite easy to make high profile signings in season, I see Gm's all over the league doing it on a weekly basis :dohslap: 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you understand the term rebuild ? And yes its quite easy to make high profile signings in season, I see Gm's all over the league doing it on a weekly basis :dohslap: 

The JETS have fukked up 2 rebuilds in the last 8 years...  I believe that Douglas is blowing this up on purpose. Something MAC had no idea or courage to do.  Its what I believe...  as the alternative is so bad, we couldn't fathom it.

Rebuild ??? This is something other than rebuild.  This is fire sale with the clear intention to wind up in the basement.  

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

It ain’t about Gaze.

I just posted about this the other day, It is so ridiculous, these guys are playing for thier careers out there...the idea that somehow gase is inspiring them is crazy as hell. Skipping the obvious political reference, its just crazy to think Gase is doing anything well as a coach. 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Id like to put a caveat in this, sure they said they played hard for rex but the truth is they enjoyed playing for rex and over acheived...its not the same context, context matter. The players that "played hard" for Gase are terrible and do not evevate thier play. Rex had guys playing lights out football, better than they ever played under anyone else and he has sanchez as his QB. Lets not act like Gase and Rex are the same here...by the way the offense under rex was light years better than Gase. Rex built * had buildt for him an offense aroudn the talent he had. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

Rebuild ??? This is something other than rebuild.  This is fire sale with the clear intention to wind up in the basement.  

Clearing cap space accumulating draft capital, signing cheap one year term contracts its clearly a rebuild . They may have been mediocre if injuries and covid didn't derail them (Mosley, Cashman, Wr's , Onwuasor) and Sam didn't play horribly to start the season.

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Id like to put a caveat in this, sure they said they played hard for rex but the truth is they enjoyed playing for rex and over acheived...its not the same context, context matter. The players that "played hard" for Gase are terrible and do not evevate thier play. Rex had guys playing lights out football, better than they ever played under anyone else and he has sanchez as his QB. Lets not act like Gase and Rex are the same here...by the way the offense under rex was light years better than Gase. Rex built * had buildt for him an offense aroudn the talent he had. 

Rex had a good oline and a running game which helped Sanchez and the O immensely . When Tanny let the Oline fall apart in FA it was the end of Sanchez. Gase will be gone but this O with a few tweaks and a new QB will be much better than it looked the 1st half of this season. 

Clearing cap space accumulating draft capital, signing cheap one year term contracts its clearly a rebuild . They may have been mediocre if injuries and covid didn't derail them (Mosley, Cashman, Wr's , Onwuasor) and Sam didn't play horribly to start the season.

I don't agree.  This is the most professional tank job I have ever seen.  Though, I don't think the Jet's brass started the season that way.  I think by the end of game 2, Joe Douglas had his mind on life without Gase and landing Trevor Lawrence.  From that point on, the clear and present tank job was underway... 

Does Marrone deserve credit for that?

Of course not... They won a game and no longer control their destiny. Bad coaching as far as I'm concerned.

Does Lynn deserve credit for that?

I give him credit for only winning three games. It's pretty impressive having only won three considering they have a good amount of talent on that squad.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't agree.  This is the most professional tank job I have ever seen.  Though, I don't think the Jet's brass started the season that way.  I think by the end of game 2, Joe Douglas had his mind on life without Gase and landing Trevor Lawrence.  From that point on, the clear and present tank job was underway... 

I disagree , I believe JD thought he had a 5-6 win team and if things broke right maybe a playoff spot . I think he knew the front part of the schedule was brutal but once Sam went down in the Denver game things changed immediately. On top of that with a brand new Oline in a normal offseason they would have had time to gel , covid dealt all teams a blow , but with a team with so many new starters not having real practice time and live reps against competition really set this team back .  I truly believe JD was trying to rebuild but had and still has no intention of tanking.