Declaration...

THE BARON

Agree I feel the same way, season ticket holder for 20+ years in the old stadium moved to the UD in the new stadium, the view was bad I gave the tickets away to my son and his friends for the entire 2010 season. 

I buy tickets and sit in premium seats for random games throughout the years since then or use my neighbors corporate owned seats or another neighbors companies luxury box when he wins the raffle for it. 

Hire a decent HC draft TL and I will consider purchasing PSL's and being in my seat every Sunday win or lose regardless of the weather, game time or opponent like I used to be with the rest of the diehards. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree I feel the same way, season ticket holder for 20+ years in the old stadium moved to the UD in the new stadium, the view was bad I gave the tickets away to my son and his friends for the entire 2010 season. 

Hire a decent HC draft TL and I will consider purchasing PSL's and being in my seat every Sunday win or lose regardless of the weather, game time or opponent like I used to be with the rest of the diehards. 

Now you're talkin'  Hope to see you at the game...  I personally am partial to sitting in the corner of the mezzanine.  I think you get the best overall look there.  Our seats at Shea were in that area. Same for Giant Stadium.  At MetLife my seats were in section 206. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I sat out the entire season The Dog Killer was on the team. I dropped my season tickets after 55 years in 2018 because I got fed up with the FO and their repeated crap treatment. Cherry pick games, reap the same pretend benefits that you were shysted over. I hope you had a balance on your PSL and just bailed. A lot people did that and didn't suffer any financial repercussions. 

I got bankrupted out of comparable seats in The New Dump into nosebleed and was treated like trash because I refused to have my arm twisted behind my back over buying a PSL.  You can always buy back in in the same section for 1/2 the price on the secondary market and I bet they won't even bother you to pony up if you owed them any $. That is if you're resentful enough and feel like sticking it to them, which I highly encourage.

Fck that FO, I mean it. If The New Dump ever burns to the ground with nobody in it I'm throwing a party and everyone's invited. HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2020 really needs to get kicked in its ass, anyway, may as well have a blowtorch, I mean, a candle on it. 

The PSL's were a big turn off to a lot of people. So was paying full price for two preseason tickets.  As you pointed out, you could skip the PSL charge and the price for the preseason tickets and just get seats at low prices on the secondary market when ever you felt like going to a game.  With the performance on the field as it has been, the Jets can't even give seats away.  

Just want to add... 2009 and 2010 were tremendous years to be at the game... I had a lot of fun those years.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Now you're talkin'  Hope to see you at the game...  I personally am partial to sitting in the corner of the mezzanine.  I think you get the best overall look there.  Our seats at Shea were in that area. Same for Giant Stadium.  At MetLife my seats were in section 206. 

Absolutely I enjoy tailgating with decent people and having a few beers. 

I had 2 seats LL 128 and 4 seats UD 339 good times. 

The MEZZ seems like best seats along with the coaches club dining facilities and bathrooms. 

I really like LL EZ row 1. 

• Upvote 1

LOL quit on the team the NY Jets were 1-15 in 1996 many of us were in our seats and didn't SELL OUT like you do SOR I 

We sat through many bad seasons and paid our ticket fees on time no payment plans and no internet to SELL OUT. 

Some day the diehards will re join the many dedicated diehards still at MetLife

SOR I is not included in all this he's just a PSL owner spending his fun money to be able to brag about it. 

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No thanks, don't need you.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance and can do better than take back a frontrunning fan who quit on the team when times got tough.

Buy a new couch.

SAR I

You mean left when I didn't feel like pulling for a QB that engaged in profound animal abuse at lengths ??? 

Considering past attendance, I'm sure the Jets brass would be happy to sell tickets to anyone with a pulse... 

I should also remind you.  Your hero GASE is going to be gone.  Can you bare it ?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You mean left when I didn't feel like pulling for a QB that engaged in profound animal abuse at lengths ??? 

Ah, it was morality, not a bad Jets team headed for the dark times.  Tell me, why didn't you give up your seats when Mark Gastineau was arrested for beating his wife yet still remains in the Ring Of Honor?  How could you want to come back with that bastards name up there?

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Considering past attendance, I'm sure the Jets brass would be happy to sell tickets to anyone with a pulse... 

It's actually one of the only positives this team has.  We sell tickets.  All the time.  Plenty of loyal season ticket holders continue to pay the bills since 2014, didn't quit when times got tough.

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I should also remind you.  Your hero GASE is going to be gone.  Can you bare it ?

He's not my hero.  He's just not to blame for this awful situation.  Idzik and Maccagnan are.  

SAR I

2 hours ago, jetophile said:

I sat out the entire season The Dog Killer was on the team. I dropped my season tickets after 55 years in 2018 because I got fed up with the FO and their repeated crap treatment. Cherry pick games, reap the same pretend benefits that you were shysted over. I hope you had a balance on your PSL and just bailed. A lot people did that and didn't suffer any financial repercussions. 

I got bankrupted out of comparable seats in The New Dump into nosebleed and was treated like trash because I refused to have my arm twisted behind my back over buying a PSL.  You can always buy back in in the same section for 1/2 the price on the secondary market and I bet they won't even bother you to pony up if you owed them any $. That is if you're resentful enough and feel like sticking it to them, which I highly encourage.

Fck that FO, I mean it. If The New Dump ever burns to the ground with nobody in it I'm throwing a party and everyone's invited. HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2020 really needs to get kicked in its ass, anyway, may as well have a blowtorch, I mean, a candle on it. 

As someone on the waitlist from 1988 to 2007, let me thank you for your cheapness and lack of loyalty as I'm thoroughly enjoying your seats.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 4

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, it was morality, not a bad Jets team headed for the dark times.  Tell me, why didn't you give up your seats when Mark Gastineau was arrested for beating his wife yet still remains in the Ring Of Honor?  How could you want to come back with that bastards name up there?

It's actually one of the only positives this team has.  We sell tickets.  All the time.  Plenty of loyal season ticket holders continue to pay the bills since 2014, didn't quit when times got tough.

He's not my hero.  He's just not to blame for this awful situation.  Idzik and Maccagnan are.  

SAR I

I think you may actually be a sophisticated Pats troll... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Not exactly sure if this news is heavy enough to warrant a thread, but what the hell...

I was a third generation Jets season ticket holder.  It went from Grandfather, to father to me...

I unloaded my PSL and dropped my season tickets when the Jets signed Michael Vick.

Thus far, I like what Joe Douglas has done and I have real confidence that he'll be able to keep the Johnsons off his back.  That is, of course, the key ingredient needed to go from guaranteed dysfunction to respectability.

The second ingredient needed would be a new HC... 

I am also super excited that the Jets look to be on the way to completing the Tank For Trevor Campaign.

If the Jets do manage to fire Gase and draft Trevor Lawrence, this would be too good to experience from the couch...

If I hear Goodell say...  "And with the first overall pick in the 2021 draft, the New York Jets select Quarterback, Trevor Lawrence" 

The next moment, I'll be on the phone to the ticket office getting my old seats back :-)

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I buy tickets and sit in premium seats for random games throughout the years since then or use my neighbors corporate owned seats or another neighbors companies luxury box when he wins the raffle for it. 

When you guys buy tickets again next year you should tailgate by us. 

You will buy tickets, this offseason is going to be amazing.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No thanks, don't need you.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance and can do better than take back a frontrunning fan who quit on the team when times got tough.

Buy a new couch.

SAR I

The Jets aren't #2 in attendance this year. I think (don't quote me) that there are 8 teams allowing fans.

So that would mean the Jets are tied for 9th at 0 with everyone else lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets aren't #2 in attendance this year. I think (don't quote me) that there are 8 teams allowing fans.

So that would mean the Jets are tied for 9th at 0 with everyone else lol.

LOL, come now, in a 'normal' year.  Hopefully we get that in 2022.  By which time GM Douglas and Coach Gase will have built a team ready to compete for the division title.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think you may actually be a sophisticated Pats troll... 

No, just a clear-thinking Jets fan.  

I'm pissed as hell about the situation we find ourselves in.  But I'm mad at the people responsible-  John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan.  I'm not going to pile-on our head coach who is a bigger victim in all of this than we are.  His people begged him not to take this godforsaken job in the NFL's Siberia.  The shots he's taking and the hit pieces he's been accosted by, just not fair.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I also am a proud PSL owner!

Then I bestow upon you all the love in the world, Brother.

We shall one day together be holding hands in the Canyon Of Heroes, watching Coach Gase smile through a thick shower of Gotham green and Spotlight white confetti.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, just a clear-thinking Jets fan.  

I'm pissed as hell about the situation we find ourselves in.  But I'm mad at the people responsible-  John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan.  I'm not going to pile-on our head coach who is a bigger victim in all of this than we are.  His people begged him not to take this godforsaken job in the NFL's Siberia.  The shots he's taking and the hit pieces he's been accosted by, just not fair.

SAR I

7C7DC0FB-216B-4465-BD24-6E36F4186847.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

As someone on the waitlist from 1988 to 2007, let me thank you for your cheapness and lack of loyalty as I'm thoroughly enjoying your seats.

SAR I

"Lack of loyalty", as if 55 years as a STH is nothing, you troll. My Daddy and my Uncle starting buying New York Titans tickets in 1959 as a matter of fact. Your schtick is so tired, even creepy homoerotic confused Kelvin is humorous in a creepy homoerotic confused way.  I'm glad you're enjoying your seats, but that waiting list evaporated and is never coming back as a direct cause of the $1.6 billion dollar morgue, not because it's a great place to visit or even take a sh it in. I still didn't get to my Willets Point Story, but trust me, I haven't forgotten.

The thing is, you trot out the whole "I'm richer than you" Ponzi Dance and try to fly it under the radar that it's a joke. It isn't. Not that you're not rich, because who really gives a fck whether you are or whether you aren't, but because it's something you brag about because you got nothing else. Go get some self-worth; but "knowing" you, you'd probably shell out 30K on some self-help jackass like Tony Robbins "because you can afford it". There's nothing more boring and boorish than someone who flaunts or even pretends to flaunt a real or imaginary bank account. Nobody cares. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

When you guys buy tickets again next year you should tailgate by us. 

You will buy tickets, this offseason is going to be amazing.

Im not sure if it will be next year I have some financial loose ends to tie up, retiring earlier than anticipated because of an injury and helping my daughter and fiancé buy a home with a son and his gf up next to buy a home. I will try like hell just not sure when. 

I would definitely like to tailgate by you guys the last time I walked there alone while my my tailgate group was too lazy to walk I enjoyed the time spent and felt welcomed. Good bunch of guys. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Plus if @joewilly12 tailgates near me when the haters stop by to give me crap about being banned I can deflect and say JoeWilly is right over there.  :)

No worries I fear no one and should be completely healthy by then.

I would defend myself you and JetNation anytime. 

• Upvote 2