Jump to content

Declaration...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly sure if this news is heavy enough to warrant a thread, but what the hell... I was a third generation Jets season ticket holder.  It went from Grandfather, to father to me... I un

The third ingredient is bringing back Frank Gore.

Posted Images

On 11/23/2020 at 2:49 PM, THE BARON said:

The PSL's were a big turn off to a lot of people.

For the 18,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list for 10-15 years, the PSL's were the greatest thing to happen to this franchise, it was our Emancipation Proclamation, Woody Johnson was our Abraham Lincoln.  Still is.  I thank the man every day for getting me tickets and punting all those bastards in the good seats who would sell their tickets for 3x face value, put enemy fans in, keep waitlisters out.  Good riddance.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For the 18,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list for 10-15 years, the PSL's were the greatest thing to happen to this franchise, it was our Emancipation Proclamation, Woody Johnson was our Abraham Lincoln.  Still is.  I thank the man every day for getting me tickets and punting all those bastards in the good seats who would sell their tickets for 3x face value, put enemy fans in, keep waitlisters out.  Good riddance.

SAR I

Are you mentally all-right in the head ???

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Are you mentally all-right in the head ???

Why wouldn't I be?

After being stuck on a waitlist for 15 years, the Jets allowed me to get any seats I wanted in a brand new building at the expense of the bastards that wouldn't give up their tickets and were using them as a profit center.  PSL's were a dream come true.  Still are.  I've had a great time the last 10 seasons and am looking forward to the next 20.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

For the 18,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list for 10-15 years, the PSL's were the greatest thing to happen to this franchise, it was our Emancipation Proclamation, Woody Johnson was our Abraham Lincoln.  Still is.  I thank the man every day for getting me tickets and punting all those bastards in the good seats who would sell their tickets for 3x face value, put enemy fans in, keep waitlisters out.  Good riddance.

SAR I

Meanwhile he/she sells there tickets to numerous games on StubHub mostly to opposing teams fans yet wants to be labeled a "real fan" 

NOT more like a SELLOUT. 

joewilly12

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Why wouldn't I be?

After being stuck on a waitlist for 15 years, the Jets allowed me to get any seats I wanted in a brand new building at the expense of the bastards that wouldn't give up their tickets and were using them as a profit center.  PSL's were a dream come true.  Still are.  I've had a great time the last 10 seasons and am looking forward to the next 20.

SAR I

I dig... I'll be too... *IF*

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pointman said:

No way! Shea had personality! Citi Field is nice.. but.. not the same at all. 

Shea stadium always smelled like a giant urinal.  What a dump. It had the personality of a roach motel.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, SAR I said:

No, just a clear-thinking Jets fan.  

I'm pissed as hell about the situation we find ourselves in.  But I'm mad at the people responsible-  John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan.  I'm not going to pile-on our head coach who is a bigger victim in all of this than we are.  His people begged him not to take this godforsaken job in the NFL's Siberia.  The shots he's taking and the hit pieces he's been accosted by, just not fair.

SAR I

SAR, I wasn’t excited about the Gase hiring , but understood the thinking and figured Id give it a chance and wait and see ( like I really had a choice!)

But two years in now and there is no reason to debate keeping Gase.   He hasn’t won a game this year!  Do you know how hard that is to do?   He hasn’t developed the young players or taken advantage of their strengths in game planning.  Darnold, Herndon, Griffin, Perriman all show less this year than in prior years.  Bell wasn't utilized to his strengths.  Ballage is playing for San Diego and helping them after we cut him.  
 

When have you seen a brilliant adjustment or play call that caught a defense napping?
 

The entire team is worse this year compared to last.   There isn’t one facet that has improved and I think we had a decent draft class.  That falls at the coaches feet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

SAR, I wasn’t excited about the Gase hiring , but understood the thinking and figured Id give it a chance and wait and see ( like I really had a choice!)

Same here, I was ambivalent about the person at the time, thrilled though at the strategy-  that we hired an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball, something that only happened once in my entire lifetime.

10 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

But two years in now and there is no reason to debate keeping Gase.   He hasn’t won a game this year!  Do you know how hard that is to do?  

I hold Gase and Williams accountable for the lousy first 4 games, but right at that moment they all realized that Darnold was a bust and that with the injuries and the rough start this wasn't going to be a winning season.  If we didn't have the fire sale I'm sure we could have eked out a few wins, we'd be 3-7 right now.  But at 0-4 we decided to tank and so I don't judge Gase on W's and L's.  I judge him on team effort and I like what I see.

12 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He hasn’t developed the young players or taken advantage of their strengths in game planning.  Darnold, Herndon, Griffin, Perriman all show less this year than in prior years.  Bell wasn't utilized to his strengths.

Darnold and Herndon are busts.  Sorry, we have to call it.  Bell is done, even the Chiefs know that now.  Herndon and Griffin have been asked to block primarily, the OL isn't that good.  Perriman looked bad when doubled due to injuries, but with all the WR's healthy he looks good now.  You didn't mention Becton or Mims who are flourishing under Gase either.

16 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

When have you seen a brilliant adjustment or play call that caught a defense napping?

Hard to when you're coaching such a crippled squad for the past two years.

17 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The entire team is worse this year compared to last.   There isn’t one facet that has improved and I think we had a decent draft class.  That falls at the coaches feet.

The team is worse than last year because we are just as injured as last year, got rid of our most talented playmakers, and have a quarterback who is a bust.

Gase is doing a good job managing the worst situation any coach in the NFL has been put in this year or last.  It's why he's coming back.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who cares. It was home to Queens. 

My grandfather absolutely hated Hess for stealing and moving away the Jets from Queens. 

Right, we were discussing Shea as a baseball stadium.  And it was a terrible baseball stadium.  It doesn't look like it was a particularly good football stadium either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SAR I said:

Same here, I was ambivalent about the person at the time, thrilled though at the strategy-  that we hired an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball, something that only happened once in my entire lifetime.

I hold Gase and Williams accountable for the lousy first 4 games, but right at that moment they all realized that Darnold was a bust and that with the injuries and the rough start this wasn't going to be a winning season.  If we didn't have the fire sale I'm sure we could have eked out a few wins, we'd be 3-7 right now.  But at 0-4 we decided to tank and so I don't judge Gase on W's and L's.  I judge him on team effort and I like what I see.

Darnold and Herndon are busts.  Sorry, we have to call it.  Bell is done, even the Chiefs know that now.  Herndon and Griffin have been asked to block primarily, the OL isn't that good.  Perriman looked bad when doubled due to injuries, but with all the WR's healthy he looks good now.  You didn't mention Becton or Mims who are flourishing under Gase either.

Hard to when you're coaching such a crippled squad for the past two years.

The team is worse than last year because we are just as injured as last year, got rid of our most talented playmakers, and have a quarterback who is a bust.

Gase is doing a good job managing the worst situation any coach in the NFL has been put in this year or last.  It's why he's coming back.

SAR I

I offered several guys on the site the chance to bet that when they said Gase wouldn’t last the year or coach next year.  I’d offer you the opposite bet now.  He is not coming back

Keeping an 0-16 second year coach has never been done before and even the Jets know better.   You want a new guy who the GM will be tied to and has several years to build things his way and around Trevor Lawrence.   Gase has done nothing to show he deserves a shot with Lawrence

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I offered several guys on the site the chance to bet that when they said Gase wouldn’t last the year or coach next year.  I’d offer you the opposite bet now.  He is not coming back

Keeping an 0-16 second year coach has never been done before and even the Jets know better.   You want a new guy who the GM will be tied to and has several years to build things his way and around Trevor Lawrence.   Gase has done nothing to show he deserves a shot with Lawrence

Gase isn't an 0-10 or 0-16 head coach, that's the point.

This isn't a normal season, there was no chance to build off of the 6-2 finish from last year:

* Supposed franchise quarterback is a bust.

* Supposed franchise quarterback is injured, again.

* Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Herndon didn't play a game together until Week 9.

* Adams, Mosley, and Bell were all supposed to be bigtime playmakers and weren't with the team.

* Pandemic and lack of preseason hurt development and cohesion of new offensive line.

* Players brought in by Douglas to replace those lost last year didn't work, with few exceptions they are worse.

* Jets coordinated a fire sale once they hit 0-4 with a bust QB and knew the season was a lost cause, a mulligan for all involved.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase isn't an 0-10 or 0-16 head coach, that's the point.

This isn't a normal season, there was no chance to build off of the 6-2 finish from last year:

* Supposed franchise quarterback is a bust.

* Supposed franchise quarterback is injured, again.

* Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Herndon didn't play a game together until Week 9.

* Adams, Mosley, and Bell were all supposed to be bigtime playmakers and weren't with the team.

* Pandemic and lack of preseason hurt development and cohesion of new offensive line.

* Players brought in by Douglas to replace those lost last year didn't work, with few exceptions they are worse.

* Jets coordinated a fire sale once they hit 0-4 with a bust QB and knew the season was a lost cause, a mulligan for all involved.

SORE I LOSER

 

1CF995BD-F04F-48DE-9A4C-E86EB2F61126.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase isn't an 0-10 or 0-16 head coach, that's the point.

This isn't a normal season, there was no chance to build off of the 6-2 finish from last year:

* Supposed franchise quarterback is a bust.

* Supposed franchise quarterback is injured, again.

* Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Herndon didn't play a game together until Week 9.

* Adams, Mosley, and Bell were all supposed to be bigtime playmakers and weren't with the team.

* Pandemic and lack of preseason hurt development and cohesion of new offensive line.

* Players brought in by Douglas to replace those lost last year didn't work, with few exceptions they are worse.

* Jets coordinated a fire sale once they hit 0-4 with a bust QB and knew the season was a lost cause, a mulligan for all involved.

SAR I

I read this and laugh

you sound like me on steroids( or mood enhancers)

Im usually one of the last guys, to jump ship on a coach or GM.  You’re the last guy.

Im one of the last guys to get out of the stock market.  You’re the last guy.   You’re the guy that defines a market top.   It’s time to sell on Gase buddy.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...