AP: Optimism on Sam Darnold playing Sunday

GreekJet

Sam - just throw the damn ball. Target Mims 10 or more times - unless of course he is double teamed - then target someone else. Just dont over think and dont worry about interceptions. Here is the play - drop back and throw to the player that should be open - its that simple!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Needs to be benched for the Tank. Healthy WRs + post injury Sam isnt an equation I want to see play out this week. Esp against a glorified game manager in Tua. 

Absolutely. And you can add the Browns and Pats to this list as well. 

If they do not IR his ass now, we are ending up with the second pick. Maybe even two wins.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's the 32nd ranked and dead last rated QB here in 2020 and will probably toss 2-3 INT's along with another 1-2 fumbles; 0-11 it is. 

I had never seen Herbert in a game before, just a few highlights.  But after watching him yesterday, you realize what a crock of horse crap we were fed regarding Darnold's talent and potential.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I had never seen Herbert in a game before, just a few highlights.  But after watching him yesterday, you realize what a crock of horse crap we were fed regarding Darnold's talent and potential.  

Yeah one thing about Sam Darnold was that he was an absolute fumbling/interception turnover machine @ USC and we as fans fell for the hype due to one Rosebowl performance against Penn State as a Freshman. 

Not only was he a turnover prone QB @ USC but even dating back to High School @ QB (as a converted LINEBACKER) he was an absolute fumbling machine @ QB. 

These were the schools who wanted Sam...

Screenshot_20201123-204625.thumb.png.d495b82c52284cf0a5e1daaa12abc8f3.png

Compared to... Trevor Lawrence;

Screenshot_20201123-204906.thumb.png.8c06b597c5b9ffd65bbd5bb9a2d4c770.png

We as Jet fans were tricked by Sam as a prospect. He wasn't polished in HS and was an absolute NCAA turnover prone and an INT/Fumbling machine; he lacked a lot of QB experience before becoming a Jet too. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah one thing about Sam Darnold was that he was an absolute fumbling/interception turnover machine @ USC and we as fans fell for the hype do due one Rosebowl performance against Penn State. 

Not only was he a turnover prone QB @ USC but even dating back to High School @ QB (as a converted LINEBACKER) he was an absolute fumbling machine @ QB. 

These were the schools who wanted Sam...

Screenshot_20201123-204625.thumb.png.d495b82c52284cf0a5e1daaa12abc8f3.png

Compared to... Trevor Lawrence;

Screenshot_20201123-204906.thumb.png.8c06b597c5b9ffd65bbd5bb9a2d4c770.png

We as Jet fans were tricked by Sam as a prospect. He wasn't polished in HS and was an absolute NCAA turnover prone and an INT/Fumbling machine; he lacked a lot of QB experience before becoming a Jet too. 

To be fair, most people were saying that Sam was raw along with the “special” comments. He needed the fundamentals (footwork/fumbling which Bates actually fixed) then he needed to learn to play QB, instead of street ball.

He needed the right coach and organization. He got us lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

To be fair, most people were saying that Sam was raw along with the “special” comments. He needed the fundamentals (footwork/fumbling which Bates actually fixed) then he needed to learn to play QB, instead of street ball.

He needed the right coach and organization. He got us lol.

I still believe if Sam started over tomorrow with a competent organization and an actual NFL head coach and offensive coordinator you would instantly see the best that we have gotten from thus far (probably his first season before Gase) and then would progress from there. 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Have you people been watching Sam Darnold this season?  What is wrong with you?

I’m not a Darnold defender and I hope to God I am wrong. But we will have to agree to disagree.  I think Sam can play well enough to win two games. Again, I hope not. I pray he falls on his face. 

31 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Cant say I’m concerned 

I’m not trying to nitpick on what seems to be an incredibly reliable and totally impartial Twitter source, but our last 2 games we scored 27 and 28 points.  How does that compute to an average of 31 ppg ?

Sam is going to come back and play well. We've seen this story before. O line starting to play a bit better. Full slate of receivers. Even Herndon starting to make plays again. 2 years in a row Darnold has been good after sitting out a few games. Here we go again!

Yes, but our defense is brutal. A few young guys that may turn into something, but for now, brutal

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app