AP: Optimism on Sam Darnold playing Sunday

GreekJet

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets are beating Miami if Darnold plays.

Nope.  Darnold stinks.

Dolphins are much better prepared.  They play good defense.  Force turnovers.   Their special teams units are superior to the Jets.

Doesn't matter if Tua or Fitz.

Fish win...  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's the 32nd ranked and dead last rated QB here in 2020 and will probably toss 2-3 INT's along with another 1-2 fumbles; 0-11 it is. 

You know the Jets record without Darnold is 0-10? 

Some of you act as if Darnold is the reason this team is bad. 

He may not be the answer, but he is far from the problem. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I believe the Jets covered 1 game under Darnold and 2 under Flacco (in less games). Darnold is an awful QB who will never, ever be a FQB in this league.

• Upvote 1

The Jets have been scoring points the past few games based off the deep ball. Sam's deep ball has always been suspect, and now he has a bum shoulder. Not sure there will be difference. Sam has always sucked against the Dolphins to boot, I got to see that 4 INT sh*t show in person during his rookie year.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Icer said:

The Jets have been scoring points the past few games based off the deep ball. Sam's deep ball has always been suspect, and now he has a bum shoulder. Not sure there will be difference. Sam has always sucked against the Dolphins to boot, I got to see that 4 INT sh*t show in person during his rookie year.

Broken-back geriatric neckbeard Joe Flacco is better than Sam Darnold. Facts over feelings.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.

Week 4- Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.------ Flacco Starts--------LOSS

Week 5 Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.--------Flacco Starts-------- LOSS

Week 9 Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.----------Flacco Starts-------LOSS

Week 10 Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.--------Flacco Starts--------LOSS

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Week 4- Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.------ Flacco Starts--------LOSS

Week 5 Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.--------Flacco Starts-------- LOSS

Week 9 Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.----------Flacco Starts-------LOSS

Week 10 Flacco gives us a much better chance to win obviously. Pray for Darnold's health.--------Flacco Starts--------LOSS

Sam Darnold loses games: "his weaponz suck"

Joe Flacco loses games by less: "he sucks."

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I still believe if Sam started over tomorrow with a competent organization and an actual NFL head coach and offensive coordinator you would instantly see the best that we have gotten from thus far (probably his first season before Gase) and then would progress from there. 

I agree to a point. I still think he needs some time to get over these bad habits + learn how to QB, and that will take some time.

My concern with keeping him here is that it will limit our coaching search and we are rebuilding. Will he have enough time to get there before we make a decision on a 5th year option or a long term deal?

11 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So he's clearly better than Luke Falk.  Awesome!

You realize that with Darnold we're 0-6 this season, right?  And that this was supposed to be his "breakout year", and instead he's sh*t his pants in every start?

I know we live in a game to game jump to conclusions era but Tua is better than Darnold and will pick apart this messy secondary. Miami’s defense is better than NE and LA so in all honesty it shouldn’t even be close after the half. 

the remaining teams on the menu are just plain better idk why some of the fan base worry so much, tbh the only game we should fear is NE but even then Cam is passing better and Byrd has emerged as a descent WR. 

And many underestimate the power of not wanting to be that team to give the 0-10 Jets a W. Imo that outweighs this sorry teams hopes for some wins down the stretch ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he's clearly better than Luke Falk.  Awesome!

You realize that with Darnold we're 0-6 this season, right?  And that this was supposed to be his "breakout year", and instead he's sh*t his pants in every start?

Read what I said, he "may not be the answer, but he is far from the problem." 

The point being that the idiots that thought Flacco gave us a better chance to win had 4 games where Flacco either threw a pick 6 early or a bad pick late to cost us the game (thank god) AND he had Perriman/Mims/Crowder when Darnold has yet to play with all 3. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Read what I said, he "may not be the answer, but he is far from the problem." 

The point being that the idiots that thought Flacco gave us a better chance to win had 4 games where Flacco either threw a pick 6 early or a bad pick late to cost us the game (thank god) AND he had Perriman/Mims/Crowder when Darnold has yet to play with all 3. 

The only problem?  No.

A problem?  Absolutely.  He's as culpable for the mess the Jets are in as any other player.  He's not good at football.  

And Flacco absolutely DID give the Jets a better shot than Darnold.  Because even at 35 and not interested in being on the field, Flacco is better than Darnold.

28 minutes ago, vic said:

I have seen enough brilliant throws from Sam to believe that in the right surrounding and with a different coach he will succeed.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

"Brilliant throws".  lol.

Nothing Sam Darnold does is special.  You folks need to watch other QB's play more.  

And for the 8,000th time, the backyard throws aren't what make a QB special.  Some of the worst QB's in league history all have superb highlight reels.  What makes a QB special are the consistent, seemingly boring throws made week after week, drive after drive. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Imagine if Sam starts and wins even as little as 2 games?

it’s possible.

I mean, if he wants to remain a starting QB in the NFL, his best bet is to win enough games to push the Jets out of range for a QB that Joe Douglas might want.  

That being said, sure, I guess all things are possible,.  But I'd put Darnold winning 2+ games this season at roughly the same odds as a citizen of a land-locked state getting attacked by a shark.

• Haha 1

I have a bad feeling about our lovely tank this week. 

It doesn’t really have anything to do with Darnold.

What bothers me is how non competitive the first game was. I just think it’s unlikely the Dolphins blow the Jets out twice (Compare the first Bills game to the second one). I suspect this will be a one score game in the 4th quarter and the Jets have knocked on the door a few times already this season. (Broncos, Pats, Chargers) I also suspect that Tua isn’t good. 

20 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Cant say I’m concerned 

There is zero context in that. Sam played with multiple OL combinations in every game and a completely different set of receivers every week. But whatever, Jets fans will always hate their QB. If Lawrence or Fields comes here there will be a group that hates him from Day 1. The problem is not Sam. It is Gase, injuries and an offense that is completely unsuited to him.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

There is zero context in that. Sam played with multiple OL combinations in every game and a completely different set of receivers every week. But whatever, Jets fans will always hate their QB. If Lawrence or Fields comes here there will be a group that hates him from Day 1. The problem is not Sam. It is Gase, injuries and an offense that is completely unsuited to him.

It's not about constantly "hating" our QB's.  It's about hating that they all suck at football. 

And hating the people who pick those bad QB's in the draft.  And hating the owners who hire the GM's who pick the bad QB's.

If it was truly the case that our QB's are always getting ruined by coaching, surrounding talent, and mean fans, then our QB's would go on to have success elsewhere.  They don't.  It didn't happen for Sanchez, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, and so many others, and it won't happen for Sam Darnold, either.

• Upvote 2