Who WILL be Jets 2021 HC?

jgb

2021 Jets HC  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK (not want) will be 2021 Jets HC

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Harbaugh 

A match of think + want

Woody has been playing footsy with Jim for over a decade.

The Jets have to get this hire right. They can’t dick around with some coordinator and just hope and pray that he’s the guy.

And even if Harbaugh doesn’t ultimately win a Super Bowl here, at least I feel comfortable with him not ruining Lawrence and building a respectable team in all three phases.

Offer Harbaugh 5 years, $50 million as soon as the season ends and he’s yours.

Harbaugh’s contract with Michigan runs through 2021.   Typically colleges don’t allow a coach to coach during a lame duck year, it’s horrific for recruiting.   I can’t see Michigan extending Jim at this point.   He’s due around $8M next year, so any deal the Jets offer is going to have to be more than double what they typically have paid for their head coaches.  I doubt Woody will entertain this, especially while still having to pay Gase for two more years.  

• Upvote 2

We can all throw out a lot of names to be the head coach of this team, but in the end its a HUGE QUESTION MARK.

There has been no hints at all by anyone on the Jets of who they want to be their next head coach. Joe Douglas the GM hasn't made a mention at his press conference of who they have in mind. Not even the Johnson's have a clue!!!!

I strongly believe it has to be someone with head coaching in the NFL experience that wins not a offensive coordinator or a college head coach. We experienced already the inexperience of Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles both inexperienced head coaches who were coordinators before. Gase who was once a offensive coordinator and head coached for the second time shows that he is in over his head as a coach. 

Whoever is hired it will take some time to get this team going in the right direction. That head coach will not be able to fix this team in one year because he will have drafted QB Trevor Lawrence. Besides needing a head coach, this team has no foundation or identity. I am considering this team to be like an expansion team of sorts now. If you look at that roster or lineup now.

I think its going to be Roman. Whether or not that's a good thing we'll see, but its not who I want. Pretty sure that Balt will want to change up the formula this offseason as their offense has gotten a bit predictable and he will be looking at a chance to jump ship before they make that decision for him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

They do look happy together

There is a reason.  It's because Adam Gase was given complete control of the franchise.  He's the "football man" we've all been asking for, the guy who knows the sport and isn't some pencil-pusher in the billionaire's ears.

Adam fired Glat and Maccagnan, installed Elhai and Douglas, and has begun the teardown and rebuild.  It's a pity this poll didn't ask "who will be the Jets head coach in 2022" because the answer is the same.  Adam Gase.

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Harbaugh’s contract with Michigan runs through 2021.   Typically colleges don’t allow a coach to coach during a lame duck year, it’s horrific for recruiting.   I can’t see Michigan extending Jim at this point.   He’s due around $8M next year, so any deal the Jets offer is going to have to be more than double what they typically have paid for their head coaches.  I doubt Woody will entertain this, especially while still having to pay Gase for two more years.  

I’m hoping that Chris and Woody realize that they don’t have much of a choice.

They’ve tried this penny pinching crap for 5-6 straight HC’s ever since they took control of the team. And every one of them besides Gase had zero prior HC experience.

Now, under their watch, this team has sunk to embarrassing new lows.

They’re on the verge of an 0-16 season, have a fanbase that has never been this disinterested, and could have the most highly touted QB prospect in recent memory staring them in the face.

To me, you don’t go after some assistant coach like Eric Bienemy or Greg Roman in that scenario. You do whatever it takes to land a legit, proven culture changer who can step in and command respect as soon as he walks through the door.

Chris and Woody’s bullsh*t already ruined one blue chip QB. I pray they learn from it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is a reason.  It's because Adam Gase was given complete control of the franchise.  He's the "football man" we've all been asking for, the guy who knows the sport and isn't some pencil-pusher in the billionaire's ears.

Adam fired Glat and Maccagnan, installed Elhai and Douglas, and has begun the teardown and rebuild.  It's a pity this poll didn't ask "who will be the Jets head coach in 2022" because the answer is the same.  Adam Gase.

SAR I

That’s mostly true and I do agree Gase is a FooZball man. I’m just not sure he’s a very good head coach. But since the Johnson’s are both terrible owners I’m as sure as you are he will be here for next year and very possibly beyond. Unlike you, I just don’t think that’s good news. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That’s mostly true and I do agree Gase is a FooZball man. I’m just not sure he’s a very good head coach. But since the Johnson’s are both terrible owners I’m as sure as you are he will be here for next year and very possibly beyond. Unlike you, I just don’t think that’s good news. 

Good post.

And I don't know if its good news that Gase sticks around either, but I'm willing to take the chance.  Because the alternative is another not-ready-for-primetime rookie head coach who is someone's coordinator or someone's second-tier college coach.  Don't want another Edwards, Bowles, or Ryan thank you very much.  I'll take my chances with Gase who, so far, has proven to handle the rebuild pain and the media assassination's with aplomb.

SAR I

• Upvote 1