Who WILL be Jets 2021 HC?

jgb

2021 Jets HC  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK (not want) will be 2021 Jets HC

Personally, I’ve soured a little on Greg Roman, but would still be fine with hiring him.  I think he will, ultimately, get the job.  However, it is extremely early.  If they could get Matt Campbell in for an interview I think he turns into the favorite, and it isn’t close.  I could also see Joe Brady coming in for an interview and blowing everyone away with his knowledge of the game.  I firmly believe he is the next Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsbury, etc.

Darkhorse candidates are Harbaugh and Doug Pederson, if they are fired.  The Johnson’s have a known affinity for Jim and Douglas would probably be on the phone working on a contract with Doug no less than 30 seconds of his firing if he were to actually be let go.  If they were both available, I’d give the edge to Pederson if Douglas is given full autonomy.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Personally, I’ve soured a little on Greg Roman, but would still be fine with hiring him.  I think he will, ultimately, get the job.  However, it is extremely early.  If they could get Matt Campbell in for an interview I think he turns into the favorite, and it isn’t close.  I could also see Joe Brady coming in for an interview and blowing everyone away with his knowledge of the game.  I firmly believe he is the next Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsbury, etc.

Darkhorse candidates are Harbaugh and Doug Pederson, if they are fired.  The Johnson’s have a known affinity for Jim and Douglas would probably be on the phone working on a contract with Doug no less than 30 seconds of his firing if he were to actually be let go.  If they were both available, I’d give the edge to Pederson if Douglas is given full autonomy.

Yet when they had the chance to hire him 12 years ago, they chose Rex instead ?

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It'll be Jim Caldwell. Offensive coach, has a good enough resume and will work cheap.

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN 

Hint hint  - Should be banned

The Johnsons would have to go all Leon "I'm 80 years old and I want results now" Hess to hire Jim Caldwell.  I'm hoping (praying?) this season was the Johnson's "come to Jesus" moment where they lay down before their maker and finally admit they don't have a flippin' clue how to run a professional sports team...

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is a reason.  It's because Adam Gase was given complete control of the franchise.  He's the "football man" we've all been asking for, the guy who knows the sport and isn't some pencil-pusher in the billionaire's ears.

Adam fired Glat and Maccagnan, installed Elhai and Douglas, and has begun the teardown and rebuild.  It's a pity this poll didn't ask "who will be the Jets head coach in 2022" because the answer is the same.  Adam Gase.

SAR I

E3F14E19-2D12-438F-A4F9-942513A47DB6.jpeg

On 11/24/2020 at 11:00 PM, Mogglez said:

If we don’t get Harbaugh I want Roman.  He has overachieved with Lamar

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

You could be Russel Wilson’s OC and no one would see a difference 

And you could be Sanchezs OC and look like shlt unless you go ground and pound.  Russle Wilson has never been as good as hes been with Shotty.

Hes been a good OC wherever hes been.  Hes bright.  He has tons of connections from his long days in the NFL along with having a father with connections.

Hes a viable candidate