Only way to TL

Wonderboy

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Only way we go 0-16 is if Gase is fired before the Pats game and they somehow throw the game.  Gase will try and win it and Belicheat will do everything in his power to lose that game if it comes down to us clinching the #1 pick..  Jags are just terrible and their schedule is brutal the rest of the way.  Jags play Browns, Vikes, Titans, Ravens, Bears, Colts.  Brutal.  I don't see them winning another game. We play Dolphins, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats.  Only the Pats are susceptible.  If we win a game and end up tied with the Jags we pick 2nd.  I think it comes down to the last week of the season and wouldnt it be shocking if Gase, in his last game as Jets coach, screws us out of TL.  Scary stuff.  So fire Gase after game 15.  Place Darnold on season ending IR.  Put Flacco on early retirement. Resign David Falk and start him.  Do whatever you have to and lose that last game.  

Correct.

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don’t know, man. There’s 3 wildcard spots per conference now.  I think Belichick would rather get his team to the playoffs than spite a bottom dweller in a division he’ll be leaving soon. 

OP clearly meant if Pats have nothing to play for.

• Upvote 2

Miami and Cleveland are very susceptible as well as the pats.

The chargers have a bad record but their offense is good.  The Jets offense has produced in spurts the last few weeks.

The game to be most worried about if you want to lose out is this upcoming one vs the fins.  Tua has not been too good and he is back as the starter.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

I don’t know, man. There’s 3 wildcard spots per conference now.  I think Belichick would rather get his team to the playoffs than spite a bottom dweller in a division he’ll be leaving soon. 

Good point but that's IF he's still in the playoff hunt.  Pats are 4-6. They have the Cards, Chargers, Rams, Fins, Bills, and Jets. Say they go 3-2 before the last game and that reasonable. Brings their record to 7-8.  No way they get in even with the 3 wild cards with that last win vs. us. They'll be eliminated by week 14 or 15.  Fins 6-4, Browns 7-3, Ravens 6-4, Titans or Colts 7-3, Raiders 6-4. That's 5 teams they'd have to leapfrog.  Just to many.   

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The chargers have a bad record but their offense is good.  The Jets offense has produced in spurts the last few weeks.

The game to be most worried about if you want to lose out is this upcoming one vs the fins.  Tua has not been too good and he is back as the starter.

Tua and the Fins bounce back next week. They are in the playoff hunt. The Jets secondary is abysmal. They just let a rookie QB throw for 366 yards and 3 td's LOL.  Heck Fitz might even start or will definitely come in if Tua flops.  And Browns are playing much better. Their running game has been very good taking the pressure off Baker the Faker and they to are in the playoff hunt.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I wonder why that is

Jets expect Joe Flacco to backup Sam Darnold vs. Broncos | Eagles Vine

7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Tua and the Fins bounce back next week. They are in the playoff hunt. The Jets secondary is abysmal. They just let a rookie QB throw for 366 yards and 3 td's LOL.  Heck Fitz might even start or will definitely come in if Tua flops.  And Browns are playing much better. Their running game has been very good taking the pressure off Baker the Faker and they to are in the playoff hunt.

Herbert has been doing that to everyone and the chargers have more weapons than the fins.  Herbert has been far more impressive and Miami does not have a keenan allen.  They also just lost to Denver who sucks and has a terrible QB.

As jet fans who want to lose out I'd be very worried about this game.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Herbert has been doing that to everyone and the chargers have more weapons than the fins.  Herbert has been far more impressive and Miami does not have a keenan allen.  They also just lost to Denver who sucks and has a terrible QB.

Dont worry. Have a beer and fish sticks.  We got this. 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I called the Jets winning the Pats game & that was a barn burner to the end. Fields it is (please lord let him be a playa). 

Jets are winning this game. With Perriman, Mims, Crowder, Herndon finally made a couple of plays, Jets have more offense. 

Sorry guys, this is our 1st win & Trevor loser. 

Everyone is convinced that Belichick will throw that game...

I say he’d love nothing more than to see a Jets team join the ranks of the utterly defeated and for the final nail to be driven in by himself.

Belichick doesn’t give two sh*ts about the Jets getting Trevor Lawrence. Especially when he already considers us to be completely inept and he might be finishing his career with the Giants anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

its a "rivalry" that only Jet fans think exists. for them we are doormats to wipe the sh*t off their shoes. Bill dgaf about Jtes

1 hour ago, jetsjets said:

Forgive me if this was answered already but if we tie with the Jags why do we pick 2nd?

The tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the weaker strength is deemed to be a worse team because they had the same record but an easier schedule. Right now the Jags own that tiebreaker.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

its a "rivalry" that only Jet fans think exists. for them we are doormats to wipe the sh*t off their shoes. Bill dgaf about Jtes

The Jets being a doormat has no bearing on the fact that Belichick is a bitter, delusional old piece of crap with an irrational hatred of this franchise. 

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Correct.

The Jets will end up with Trevor Lawrence or will come up short in some completely unremarkable way. It won't be any of your weird, stupid, implausible fantasies. Yesterday it was the Patriots because Belichick was gonna be too busy looking ahead to golf to care, today he cares so much he's gonna throw the game. Ok.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Only way we go 0-16 is if Gase is fired before the Pats game and they somehow throw the game.  Gase will try and win it and Belicheat will do everything in his power to lose that game if it comes down to us clinching the #1 pick..  Jags are just terrible and their schedule is brutal the rest of the way.  Jags play Browns, Vikes, Titans, Ravens, Bears, Colts.  Brutal.  I don't see them winning another game. We play Dolphins, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats.  Only the Pats are susceptible.  If we win a game and end up tied with the Jags we pick 2nd.  I think it comes down to the last week of the season and wouldnt it be shocking if Gase, in his last game as Jets coach, screws us out of TL.  Scary stuff.  So fire Gase after game 15.  Place Darnold on season ending IR.  Put Flacco on early retirement. Resign David Falk and start him.  Do whatever you have to and lose that last game.  

this is what was said last week on MNF.  pats still have a chance at the playoffs - and they ain't going to let the jets get their 1st win IN new england on the last week of the season.

jags are sneakily in all their games.  played GB close, played the steelers close for a while.  I could see them playing well against the browns, vikings, bears and colts.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Why do people believe NFL head coaches and players try to throw games? Game tape  is literally their resume and people think they would do things to lose their jobs.  Mindless

I cant get over the logic, the Pats with nothing to gain, unless you believe Belichick is afraid of TL, throws a game to the hated Jets.  But the Jets couldn't just as easily throw the game to get TL?  Thats the thought process

Usually is followed up with the equally mindless, "that would be so Jetsy"

And the braindead, "I would laugh so hard"

I dont believe anyone tanks a season but if Im the GM of this team and we're 0-15 heading into the final week the orders come down to whoever is coaching, you dont win the game at all costs.  Just play every backup on the roster and especially at QB.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Belichick despises the Jets, he wants to beat us every time and humiliate us.  Lucky for us Brady is gone so the rivalry will shift back toward us in the coming years.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

That’s of course true but at the same time our defense is pretty perfect for a struggling QB. Practice squad guys at the corners and a non-existent pass rush. After a couple early stops Tua will give hope to Dolphin nation with a dismantling of our defense. He was great as college and we not much better than a college defense out there. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

jags are sneakily in all their games.  played GB close, played the steelers close for a while.  I could see them playing well against the browns, vikings, bears and colts.

I dont get the idea that we could beat the Browns or Miami and no one brings up that the Jags, who've played better than the Jets all year, could beat the Browns, Vikings and a Colts team that might not be playing for anything and playing backups

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

The Jets will end up with Trevor Lawrence or will come up short in some completely unremarkable way. It won't be any of your weird, stupid, implausible fantasies. Yesterday it was the Patriots because Belichick was gonna be too busy looking ahead to golf to care, today he cares so much he's gonna throw the game. Ok.

You need to learn to disagree without being so disagreeable. It's just gallows humor, man. Chillax.