Only way to TL

Wonderboy

Everyone is convinced that Belichick will throw that game...
I say he’d love nothing more than to see a Jets team join the ranks of the utterly defeated and for the final nail to be driven in by himself.
Belichick doesn’t give two sh*ts about the Jets getting Trevor Lawrence. Especially when he already considers us to be completely inept and he might be finishing his career with the Giants anyway.

maybe he’d rather have jets get TL as we are most likely to ruin him.

12 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Only way we go 0-16 is if Gase is fired before the Pats game and they somehow throw the game.  Gase will try and win it and Belicheat will do everything in his power to lose that game if it comes down to us clinching the #1 pick..  Jags are just terrible and their schedule is brutal the rest of the way.  Jags play Browns, Vikes, Titans, Ravens, Bears, Colts.  Brutal.  I don't see them winning another game. We play Dolphins, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats.  Only the Pats are susceptible.  If we win a game and end up tied with the Jags we pick 2nd.  I think it comes down to the last week of the season and wouldnt it be shocking if Gase, in his last game as Jets coach, screws us out of TL.  Scary stuff.  So fire Gase after game 15.  Place Darnold on season ending IR.  Put Flacco on early retirement. Resign David Falk and start him.  Do whatever you have to and lose that last game.  

Even staring QB Morgan which would be hos 1st NFL game would be enough to lose. But, when have the Jets ever done what we are saying?. At this point the main silver lining is we can even get to 2 wins and be assured of the 2nd overall pick since every other team than the Jags would have a better record than 2 wins(Cincy has 2 but also a tie). I'd still sign up for that and get Fields. We have to brace for this since the games against the Fins and NE are in our division and both could lose to the Jets if we have a game scoring like we did the last few weeks 27-28 points. We are being saved by a D with no pass rush and pop warner CBs that likely lets any of the teams on our remaining scheduled virtually guaranteed of scoring 30+ points.

6 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

So
..BB is gonna throw the game if he isn't making the playoffs and be known as the only team that couldn't beat this ridiculous team in 2020? You think he wants that on his resume the year TB leaves?

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Will he be known as the only one to lose to the Jets or will he be known for throwing the game to troll the Jets...Remember this is the same guy that resigned on a napkin.

I foolishly had my wife use her crystal pendulum witchcraft fcking thing last night; "Will TL wind up with the Jets?..."

The answer was no. I shouldn't have asked.

That damn thing hasn't been wrong yet. That includes the gender of 8 kids, outcome of 2 marriages and 3 medical situations. 

It's not looking good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Let me preface this admitting I am big fan of JD. 

But if the Jets need a loss against the Pats in Week 17 and Darnold or Flacco is playing.....JD needs to be fired. 

If we can get to the point, you fire Gase after Week 16. And you start the 3rd string QB. 

This would all be so much simpler if the Jags won another game or two 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I foolishly had my wife use her crystal pendulum witchcraft fcking thing last night; "Will TL wind up with the Jets?..."

The answer was no. I shouldn't have asked.

That damn thing hasn't been wrong yet. That includes the gender of 8 kids, outcome of 2 marriages and 3 medical situations. 

It's not looking good. 

So we're taking Fields?  F**k yeah!

@JiF

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I guess we’ll see. They play ARI, and then both LA teams before playing the division again. If they win out, that’s 10 wins.  Typically, 10 gets you in. 

The pats haven’t played anywhere near well enough to be considered a legit threat to win out.

18 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I say he’d love nothing more than to see a Jets team join the ranks of the utterly defeated and for the final nail to be driven in by himself.

Belichick doesn’t give two sh*ts about the Jets getting Trevor Lawrence. Especially when he already considers us to be completely inept and he might be finishing his career with the Giants anyway.

I have no idea what’s with this boards fascination with Belichick throwing a game to us to screw us out of the #1 pick. You would think people would understand the level of sociopath that man is by now and how deep his hatred for the Jets are. Nailing the 0-16 coffin for this franchise would be epic even for his standards....you think he cares about us getting Lawrence??? Just another QB to “show ghosts to” in his eyes 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I have no idea what’s with this boards fascination with Belichick throwing a game to us to screw us out of the #1 pick. You would think people would understand the level of sociopath that man is by now and how deep his hatred for the Jets are. Nailing the 0-16 coffin for this franchise would be epic even for his standards....you think he cares about us getting Lawrence??? Just another QB to “show ghosts to” in his eyes 

You have answered yourself here.

55 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You have answered yourself here.

No I haven’t....

This theory is made up by Jets fans who get off to thinking of any sort of worse case scenario for this team no matter how idiotic or nonsensical it may be. 

Thinking Belichick would throw a game because he gives a s*** that much whether or not we get Trevor Lawrence is not rooted in any sense of reality whatsoever...

But carry on.....who am I to stop your masochist fantasy ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

No I haven’t....

This theory is made up by Jets fans who get off to thinking of any sort of worse case scenario for this team no matter how idiotic or nonsensical it may be. 

Thinking Belichick would throw a game because he gives a s*** that much whether or not we get Trevor Lawrence is not rooted in any sense of reality whatsoever...

But carry on.....who am I to stop your masochist fantasy ??‍♂️

Seems you’re having a tittie attack. Get yourself a pacifier.

On 11/24/2020 at 12:26 AM, Wonderboy said:

Only way we go 0-16 is if Gase is fired before the Pats game and they somehow throw the game.  Gase will try and win it and Belicheat will do everything in his power to lose that game if it comes down to us clinching the #1 pick..  Jags are just terrible and their schedule is brutal the rest of the way.  Jags play Browns, Vikes, Titans, Ravens, Bears, Colts.  Brutal.  I don't see them winning another game. We play Dolphins, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats.  Only the Pats are susceptible.  If we win a game and end up tied with the Jags we pick 2nd.  I think it comes down to the last week of the season and wouldnt it be shocking if Gase, in his last game as Jets coach, screws us out of TL.  Scary stuff.  So fire Gase after game 15.  Place Darnold on season ending IR.  Put Flacco on early retirement. Resign David Falk and start him.  Do whatever you have to and lose that last game.  

God the media had done numbers on some of you, here let me help you... A 6 TIME SB WINNING COACH IS NOT WORRIED ABOUT SOME UNPROVEN JR QB. 

you people are loosing it now RELAX!!!! ??‍♂️??

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

God the media had done numbers on some of you, here let me help you... A 6 TIME SB WINNING COACH IS NOT WORRIED ABOUT SOME UNPROVEN JR QB. 

you people are loosing it now RELAX!!!! ??‍♂️??

That coach has a lot to prove without Brady.  He gets one more chance to try, so far he's been a complete failure as a head coach without the best QB of all time.

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

That coach has a lot to prove without Brady.  He gets one more chance to try, so far he's been a complete failure as a head coach without the best QB of all time.

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

ummm No! Again there are no sure things in the draft we all know this, for all we know the true “generational” QB could be picked in later rounds and the others before him fizzle out(Check 2012’s draft) 

and you know Bill could actually get the better QB in a later round? That is possible, your letting media hype cloud your judgement on this situation. 

Christ relax this dude still hasn’t thrown one pass in the NFL yet

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:57 AM, Untouchable said:

This.

No way Belichick's ego will let him throw a game where his team becomes the only win for the Jets (a franchises he despises) in 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

ummm No! Again there are no sure things in the draft we all know this, for all we know the true “generational” QB could be picked in later rounds and the others before him fizzle out(Check 2012’s draft) 

and you know Bill could actually get the better QB in a later round? That is possible, your letting media hype cloud your judgement on this situation. 

Christ relax this dude still hasn’t thrown one pass in the NFL yet

My point wasn't about Lawrence it was about Belichick.

23 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

This.

No way Belichick's ego will let him throw a game where his team becomes the only win for the Jets (a franchises he despises) in 2020.

Ok...  I wrote too soon. Belichick certainly has incentive for this scenario to play out.

but ..he’s capable of throwing the game too.

is it just the fans who want to “tank for Trevor”?    What about Douglas and Johnson?

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, CTJetsFan said:

This.

Unless he knows losing that game gives the jets something he had for 20 years - a generational talent at qb

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greg555 said:

Ok...  I wrote too soon. Belichick certainly has incentive for this scenario to play out.

but ..he’s capable of throwing the game too.

is it just the fans who want to “tank for Trevor”?    What about Douglas and Johnson?

This is what everyone seems to be forgetting: an organization may want to tank but players don't walk on a football field to lay down. They don't care about draft picks who may replace them.

• Sympathy 1