Guilhermezmc

Devonta Smith is WR1

Devonta Smith is the best WR is this draft class the guy can do it all, you trade up for a WR like him, use the Seattle pick and the one you will get for Sam to get him.

The only thing you can nitpick on him is his weight.

Just a little taste of what he did against Derek Stingley the freshman phenomenon CB from LSU last year.

7 Catches - 213 Yards - 2 TD

I don’t disagree. I like him a lot more than I liked Henry Ruggs. Smith has a more well-rounded skill set.

I'll be interested to see what happens to these super highly rate WRs that sat out this year.

I also like Devonta Smith, no to a trade up though imo

The team has too many holes can still get a quality Wr likely with the seattle pick and then use another pick on a useful guard or centre

No trade ups for WRs. Maybe Moore drops in your lap at #33? JD is definitely going after Allen Robinson or Juju Smith. If they keep Crowder than any rookie WR will be a #4. 

Now if you could trade up for Pitts? That's another story if you have the WRs mentioned above. Could you imagine a group like above with a TE like Pitts? 

Especially with a finished Oline with a free agent like Thuney & drafting Josh Myers. McGovern now slides into the RG role. 

Becton- Thuney-Myers-McGovern-Fant 

JD is going to have a lot of ways to skin a cat this offseason & the Jets needs are lining up with this free agency class & the 2021 draft. 

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

No trade ups for WRs. Maybe Moore drops in your lap at #33? JD is definitely going after Allen Robinson or Juju Smith. If they keep Crowder than any rookie WR will be a #4. 

Now if you could trade up for Pitts? That's another story if you have the WRs mentioned above. Could you imagine a group like above with a TE like Pitts? 

Especially with a finished Oline with a free agent like Thuney & drafting Josh Myers. McGovern now slides into the RG role. 

Becton- Thuney-Myers-McGovern-Fant 

JD is going to have a lot of ways to skin a cat this offseason & the Jets needs are lining up with this free agency class & the 2021 draft. 

Pitts is a td machine! Would love to see him with the jets

38 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Pitts is a td machine! Would love to see him with the jets

Just the thought of him joining this group is exciting. If you have Allen Robinson- Mims- Crowder, Rondale Moore barely plays, you land Pitts? He’s on the field with these guys! 
Could you imagine if we were able to bring back Perriman again as a #4 with this group? 

On 11/24/2020 at 11:25 AM, Guilhermezmc said:

Devonta Smith is the best WR is this draft class the guy can do it all,

source.gif

On 11/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, David Harris said:

Is this the kid with the neck issue, which one has the neck problem?

I believe you're thinking of J. Ross (clemson)... the luck these Clemson guys have with spinal injuries smh

Not possible, but what i wouldn't give to land our QB, Smith and Pitts in this class. Oh my 

I remember watching tape on Juedy last year and Smith always popped. Moore/Bateman/Smith are ideal guys for that second Rd pick IMO. Smith/Bateman can play the outside as well, which may add value.

This guy just knows how to get open consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

While I wouldn't trade up for him, I wouldn't kill JD if he did. Smith allows you to let Crowder walk & saves us 10.5 million on the salary cap & Smith slides into the slot receiver role. 10.5 million could subsidize a Bud Dupree signing. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, win4ever said:

I remember watching tape on Juedy last year and Smith always popped. Moore/Bateman/Smith are ideal guys for that second Rd pick IMO. Smith/Bateman can play the outside as well, which may add value.

This guy just knows how to get open consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's a little early to be making "guarantees" but unless something unforeseen happens between now and april, I don't know how Smith lasts to rnd 2. It's tragic we're having to do the QB thing again, because this is a great draft class (top 50) to build around the position. Smith/Pitts/RB... can you imagine? 

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's a little early to be making "guarantees" but unless something unforeseen happens between now and april, I don't know how Smith lasts to rnd 2. It's tragic we're having to do the QB thing again, because this is a great draft class (top 50) to build around the position. Smith/Pitts/RB... can you imagine? 

I think it'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but I'm not sure he lasts until the second either.  My personal scouting wise:

Chase is pretty much a lock for the top 10 unless he Polites the combine.   

Waddle would have gone higher, but I'm not sure with the injury.  I thought he was going to have a monster combine and move up like Ruggs/Ross.  

Bateman has a chance to go higher depending on what he does at the combine, since he opted out as well.  

I was absolutely sure Moore would go, but he hasn't been featured as much this year, and hurt.  

I love to see what Marshall does at the combine, because LSU has been a disaster this season, and I hated trying to scout him.  Felt he basically ran 5 yards and turned around half the time.  However, he's someone that I think can rise late in the game.  

I have Smith pegged at around the 15 range.  

Assuming Lawrence/Fields go 1-2

Bengals have to go OT.  They have Higgins/Boyd and while reuniting Chase seems interesting, they have to go Sewell.  

Dallas has enough WRs, they will go somewhere else, not sure where.

Chargers have Allen/Williams and enough needs elsewhere they won't go WR

Giants I think go QB, with Saquon back, Shepard/Engram/Slayton trio.   

Atlanta has to go defense, have Julio/Ridley

Eagles are interesting.  They invested in Reagor last draft, I'm not sure they go even with Chase.  I think they go defense

Lions I can see WR, especially if they lose Golloday.  If Golladay is gone, I think this is surefire WR spot.  

Carolina, I don't think they would go WR

Miami, I'm not sure, I think they go OL to protect Tua more.  

Vikings have Thielan/Jefferson so going elsewhere

Pats I think are the dark horse here.  I think TE is the best option, but I really think they go QB.  I actually imagine they will trade up, but I'm just going through the list.  I think Wilson will be the target.   

SF has Deebo/Ayuik, I think they don't go WR

Broncos, Sutton/Juedy/Hamler I think they go elsewhere.  Darkhorse for a trade up for QB as well I think.  

Bears, I think a lock for WR if Robinson leaves.  If they franchise him, I think they wait until Rd 2 for a WR.  

So far, I think two spots are locks for WR, but they both depend on their No. 1 leaving.  

Baltimore might be the third WR spot, they haven't done too hot with Boykin, Duverney, and Brown lately.  I'm not sure where they are going to be honest.  They have some space to sign a Robinson type, but also need to think about an extension for Lamar in the off-season.  

Washington I think goes elsewhere, they have McLaurin, I think OL might be the target if Schreff leaves.  

Cardinals, Hopkins/Kirk, I think they go elsewhere

Raiders I think focus on defense

Bucs probably focus on OL, or QB if Brady leaves

Colts, Hilton/Pittman, I think they might focus on CB

Browns maybe WR if OBJ leaves, but also could use OL help

GB I think goes WR

Titans go elsewhere, probably CB

Bills go elsewhere, I think OL

Jacksonville, I'm not sure, maybe WR, but I think more towards OL to protect Fields

KC - Who knows, but I think they go defense, but that team is good enough they could do whatever

Saints, I don't think so, I think they are going TE and go all in on power football with Hill

Steelers - Too good at developing WRs to pick in the first I believe.  Claypool/Johnson

So I think 4 are a lock to go in the first, but it really depends on a few guys showing up at the combine.  

I think a guy like Smith/Bateman might drop because they don't have that eye popping combine, whereas someone like Waddle may run a 4.2 forty, 

A lot of mock drafts that I've been doing, been concentrating on QB/OL/WR for the first 3.   Would have been bonkers if Darnold was actually good or opted out this season, and we could either trade him or trade the No. 1 to fill a ton of holes.  It'll be interesting to see JD's priorities.  

A few of my deeper level WR crushes have fallen off.  I was a big fan of Terry but I'm guessing he transfers somewhere first and rebuilds his value.  Ross was a favorite but that injury scares me.  It also depends on the receiver they sign in free agency.  If they sign Robinson/Galladay, then I think they strictly focus on slot guys like Moore/Toney.  

I have no idea where I'm going with this lol.  At this point I'm hoping one of Bateman/Moore/Smith makes it there.  

What do you feel about Waddle? Do you think he makes it to the second based on injury and limited time at Alabama?

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I think it'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but I'm not sure he lasts until the second either.  My personal scouting wise:

Chase is pretty much a lock for the top 10 unless he Polites the combine.   

Waddle would have gone higher, but I'm not sure with the injury.  I thought he was going to have a monster combine and move up like Ruggs/Ross.  

Bateman has a chance to go higher depending on what he does at the combine, since he opted out as well.  

I was absolutely sure Moore would go, but he hasn't been featured as much this year, and hurt.  

I love to see what Marshall does at the combine, because LSU has been a disaster this season, and I hated trying to scout him.  Felt he basically ran 5 yards and turned around half the time.  However, he's someone that I think can rise late in the game.  

I have Smith pegged at around the 15 range.  

Assuming Lawrence/Fields go 1-2

Bengals have to go OT.  They have Higgins/Boyd and while reuniting Chase seems interesting, they have to go Sewell.  

Dallas has enough WRs, they will go somewhere else, not sure where.

Chargers have Allen/Williams and enough needs elsewhere they won't go WR

Giants I think go QB, with Saquon back, Shepard/Engram/Slayton trio.   

Atlanta has to go defense, have Julio/Ridley

Eagles are interesting.  They invested in Reagor last draft, I'm not sure they go even with Chase.  I think they go defense

Lions I can see WR, especially if they lose Golloday.  If Golladay is gone, I think this is surefire WR spot.  

Carolina, I don't think they would go WR

Miami, I'm not sure, I think they go OL to protect Tua more.  

Vikings have Thielan/Jefferson so going elsewhere

Pats I think are the dark horse here.  I think TE is the best option, but I really think they go QB.  I actually imagine they will trade up, but I'm just going through the list.  I think Wilson will be the target.   

SF has Deebo/Ayuik, I think they don't go WR

Broncos, Sutton/Juedy/Hamler I think they go elsewhere.  Darkhorse for a trade up for QB as well I think.  

Bears, I think a lock for WR if Robinson leaves.  If they franchise him, I think they wait until Rd 2 for a WR.  

So far, I think two spots are locks for WR, but they both depend on their No. 1 leaving.  

Baltimore might be the third WR spot, they haven't done too hot with Boykin, Duverney, and Brown lately.  I'm not sure where they are going to be honest.  They have some space to sign a Robinson type, but also need to think about an extension for Lamar in the off-season.  

Washington I think goes elsewhere, they have McLaurin, I think OL might be the target if Schreff leaves.  

Cardinals, Hopkins/Kirk, I think they go elsewhere

Raiders I think focus on defense

Bucs probably focus on OL, or QB if Brady leaves

Colts, Hilton/Pittman, I think they might focus on CB

Browns maybe WR if OBJ leaves, but also could use OL help

GB I think goes WR

Titans go elsewhere, probably CB

Bills go elsewhere, I think OL

Jacksonville, I'm not sure, maybe WR, but I think more towards OL to protect Fields

KC - Who knows, but I think they go defense, but that team is good enough they could do whatever

Saints, I don't think so, I think they are going TE and go all in on power football with Hill

Steelers - Too good at developing WRs to pick in the first I believe.  Claypool/Johnson

So I think 4 are a lock to go in the first, but it really depends on a few guys showing up at the combine.  

I think a guy like Smith/Bateman might drop because they don't have that eye popping combine, whereas someone like Waddle may run a 4.2 forty, 

A lot of mock drafts that I've been doing, been concentrating on QB/OL/WR for the first 3.   Would have been bonkers if Darnold was actually good or opted out this season, and we could either trade him or trade the No. 1 to fill a ton of holes.  It'll be interesting to see JD's priorities.  

A few of my deeper level WR crushes have fallen off.  I was a big fan of Terry but I'm guessing he transfers somewhere first and rebuilds his value.  Ross was a favorite but that injury scares me.  It also depends on the receiver they sign in free agency.  If they sign Robinson/Galladay, then I think they strictly focus on slot guys like Moore/Toney.  

I have no idea where I'm going with this lol.  At this point I'm hoping one of Bateman/Moore/Smith makes it there.  

What do you feel about Waddle? Do you think he makes it to the second based on injury and limited time at Alabama?

Thats a lot to digest. 

I want you to start by telling me why Chase is better than Smith. Break it down for me. Smith is a better WR prospect IMO, and I don't think Chase is a lock to go top 10. Last year ppl said the same thing about Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs... none of them went top 10. Pitts is really the most likely to go that early...

But yea... I'm seeing Chase maintain his "auto" slot at WR1 and i don't think it's that simple. 

Thats a lot to digest. 
I want you to start by telling me why Chase is better than Smith. Break it down for me. Smith is a better WR prospect IMO, and I don't think Chase is a lock to go top 10. Last year ppl said the same thing about Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs... none of them went top 10. Pitts is really the most likely to go that early...
But yea... I'm seeing Chase maintain his "auto" slot at WR1 and i don't think it's that simple. 

I actually don't like Chase at No. 1, but opting out should really help him. Any tape would be the absolutely loaded team from last year. Given Jefferson being a stud this year, it'll elevate Chase because he was the No. 1 last year.

All he's focused on is training this year, which should give him plenty of time to nail down the drills so I don't think he will fall on his face.

I think athletically he is going to test better than Smith, plus that tape from last year, locks him in unless there is some injury.

I want to wait until after the combine because I'm not sure of his speed, but I love Bateman the most on film. But I want to see what he runs and his 3 cone drills.

33 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I actually don't like Chase at No. 1, but opting out should really help him. Any tape would be the absolutely loaded team from last year. Given Jefferson being a stud this year, it'll elevate Chase because he was the No. 1 last year.

All he's focused on is training this year, which should give him plenty of time to nail down the drills so I don't think he will fall on his face.

I think athletically he is going to test better than Smith, plus that tape from last year, locks him in unless there is some injury.

I want to wait until after the combine because I'm not sure of his speed, but I love Bateman the most on film. But I want to see what he runs and his 3 cone drills.

Chase deserves lots of love. He does a lot of things well, nay exceptionally well... I would say he's earned his place at the 1st round table.

But you look at finesse, hands, natural ability, route running, all those things - Smith is bullet proof... well, except his frame being a little light. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Thats a lot to digest. 

We’re going to spend all year with people saying Smith should be the WR1, but he lacks the physical profile to actually be the WR1. Maybe that shouldn’t be the case, but that’s how teams draft. And in this case there’s at least a reasonable rationale, even if it turns out to be wrong.

I don’t buy in to all analytics but weight actually is a decent indicator for WR prospects and Smith being a twig is a legitimate question when you’re projecting how he will translate. Bigger, stronger, smarter, faster DB’s and smaller windows. The skinny guys don’t always bust but it’s a risk factor.

I'm not so sure the Giants will draft a QB. Jones has played well over the past couple of weeks and if he keeps up that form, I think the Giants will give him another year to prove himself and may well give him a weapon to help him.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company