• 56 yards
  • 8 yards per reception
  • 6.2 yards per target

With Flacco under center (3 games)

• 11 catches (19 targets)
  • 217 yards
  • 19.7 yards per reception
  • 11.4 yards per target

Yes, Crowder has done better with Darnold than with Flacco, as he hasn't really been getting targeted in the last couple games they played together.  But they did put together a 8/116/1 TD game in Week 5.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

In other words, IDENTICAL numbers pretty much. However, in Sammys case, Mims numbers should be MUCH better. Sammy has to pick up his game. He's played poorly this season not that he's gotten much support but Mims is certainly a step in the right direction.

• WTF? 2

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also, same thing for Breshad Perriman:

With Darnold under center (3 games)

• 7 catches (9 targets)
  • 56 yards
  • 8 yards per reception
  • 6.2 yards per target

With Flacco under center (3 games)

• 11 catches (19 targets)
  • 217 yards
  • 19.7 yards per reception
  • 11.4 yards per target

Yes, Crowder has done better with Darnold than with Flacco, as he hasn't really been getting targeted in the last couple games they played together.  But they did put together a 8/116/1 TD game in Week 5.

Is this the part where someone chimes in that Sam needs more time and more weapo.. wait.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Is this the part where someone chimes in that Sam needs more time and more weapo.. wait.

Yes apparently having both of these WRs healthy is what will "fix" Sam Darnold.

Meanwhile a lot of these same jagaloons were saying Perriman and Mims were busts for half the season.  Overnight, these 2 are suddenly good receivers.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile a lot of these same jagaloons were saying Perriman and Mims were busts for half the season.  Overnight, these 2 are suddenly good receivers.  

Hot damn. 

Laugh Lol GIF

Me ^

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So suddenly Darnold will be able to throw an accurate deep ball when both are healthy?

Not neccesarily, but every tiny thing matters during an NFL play and who is on the field matters just as much, you know this. 

Who's double covered, who's running which route, what plays are called, all of it. 

Both players in the lineup and healthy at the same time open up the playbook and most likely do wonders for the QBs decision making process, who he can trust, etc. Not to mention, the time to build a rapport with anyone. 

At this point, it's almost comical that anytime Darnold sees the field, he has nothing... and I mean NOTHING around him.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then what would it hurt to see Darnold play 3 straight games with both guys healthy and playing? 

I for one would like to at least see it happen for a couple games so I can know for sure. 

As it stands, we havent had that chance. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Then what would it hurt to see Darnold play 3 straight games with both guys healthy and playing? 

I for one would like to at least see it happen for a couple games so I can know for sure. 

As it stands, we havent had that chance. 

It won't hurt. I'd like to see it too. It hopefully improves his trade stock, and gives us a better opportunity to lose more games. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So suddenly Darnold will be able to throw an accurate deep ball when both are healthy?

I think your sample size is likely a bigger problem.. Not to mention the yards per target for Mims is almost identical and it was also Mims first two games of his career. 

I would like to think he has/will continue to get better as he plays more games.

I'm not even a fan of Darnold anymore and want to lose every game for Lawrence but flacco got 4 games. Had more offensive weapons that Darnold ever had and still went 0-4 with a couple of huge Ints.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

What boneheads. Its like the QB is by himself on a deserted island,throwing a football. The Bills and Chiefs have are much better at football than the Patriots and Chargers. Now,the team your playing isn't relevant. Okay.

That's right.  I forgot we only count the games where Darnold plays weak defenses in these parts.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think your sample size is likely a bigger problem.. Not to mention the yards per target for Mims is almost identical and it was also Mims first two games of his career. 

I would like to think he has/will continue to get better as he plays more games.

I'm not even a fan of Darnold anymore and want to lose every game for Lawrence but flacco got 4 games. Had more offensive weapons that Darnold ever had and still went 0-4 with a couple of huge Ints.

Yet when we bring up Darnold's 32 game sample size, Darnoldbros decide to use that opportunity to remind people of the final 8 games of last season.  

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe it darnold was healthy.  He may say his shoulder is fine but IMO it’s one of those injuries that just don’t get better quickly.  Especially if he continues to use it so much.  I’m not saying he has a better deep ball than Flacco.  Few QBs do even at this stage in his career but darnold if healthy and has time is good enough.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This. 

I'm not a Darnold defender but I do think if you're gonna tout stats like that Darnold deserves a chance to actually play with all three of the starting WRs.

+1.

The offense has had Crowder, Mims & Perriman on the field the last 2 weeks for the first time. Offense scores 20+ points. Coincidence? I think not.

Does it have to do with Flacoo AND the "3 dudes" being on the field together? We'll find out this week.

Doesn't mean the Jets will win with Sam back because the defense is a disaster (specifically, the secondary), but I do expect the offense to come close to the output put up by Flacco the last 2 games with Darnold at the helm. Only X factor is we don't know how bad his shoulder really is.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, genot said:

We'll get you wearing that #14 jersey soon enough Mr Jetsfan80

I'll never buy a "current Jet" jersey again after getting burned by Vilma, Revis and Sanchez.

A Chrebet jersey is all I'll need for some time.  Especially since I don't really wear jerseys anymore.  

15 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

+1.

The offense has had Crowder, Mims & Perriman on the field the last 2 weeks for the first time. Offense scores 20+ points. Coincidence? I think not.

Does it have to do with Flacoo AND the "3 dudes" being on the field together? We'll find out this week.

Doesn't mean the Jets will win with Sam back because the defense is a disaster (specifically, the secondary), but I do expect the offense to come close to the output put up by Flacco the last 2 games with Darnold at the helm. Only X factor is we don't know how bad his shoulder really is.

Maybe if Darnold would get rid of the ball rather than take an unnecessary sack, and also wasn't such a soft b*tch, he'd have already had the chance to play with all 3 WRs together.  

Darnold not being on the field has been no one's fault but his own.  Meanwhile, Flacco is the only Jet QB to put together a decent game this season to date.

Assuming Darnold plays poorly again the next time he sees the field (a pretty safe bet), people will be utilizing other excuses for him, I'm sure of it.  The Offensive Line being the primary go-to.  

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll never buy a "current Jet" jersey again after getting burned by Vilma, Revis and Sanchez.

A Chrebet jersey is all I'll need for some time.  Especially since I don't really wear jerseys anymore.  

Dude, I can't get a refund. WTF? I'm sorry, it's already on it's way. Wear it in good health. 

m_5f7ddd949e1559b7a9af2441.jpeg

• Haha 1