Mims with and without Darnold under center

Jetsfan80

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This. 

I'm not a Darnold defender but I do think if you're gonna tout stats like that Darnold deserves a chance to actually play with all three of the starting WRs.

+1.

The offense has had Crowder, Mims & Perriman on the field the last 2 weeks for the first time. Offense scores 20+ points. Coincidence? I think not.

Does it have to do with Flacoo AND the "3 dudes" being on the field together? We'll find out this week.

Doesn't mean the Jets will win with Sam back because the defense is a disaster (specifically, the secondary), but I do expect the offense to come close to the output put up by Flacco the last 2 games with Darnold at the helm. Only X factor is we don't know how bad his shoulder really is.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe if Darnold would get rid of the ball rather than take an unnecessary sack, and also wasn't such a soft b*tch, he'd have already had the chance to play with all 3 WRs together.  

Darnold not being on the field has been no one's fault but his own.  Meanwhile, Flacco is the only Jet QB to put together a decent game this season to date.

Assuming Darnold plays poorly again the next time he sees the field (a pretty safe bet), people will be utilizing other excuses for him, I'm sure of it.  The Offensive Line being the primary go-to.  

I get that you hate Darnold and think he sucks. You've made that abundantly clear. Nothing I'm going to say will change that (and I'm not trying to)

I'm not saying Sam is great, is our franchise QB of the future or am I absolving him of everything that has gone wrong with the offense this season. I know he makes mistakes. Yet every analyst (former pro players) the last few weeks have been saying that it is impossible to fairly evaluate him until he plays with healthy, pro level talent around him. No Jeff Smith & Braxton Berrios starting. They have also noted how different the offense has looked because the 3 WRs are finally on the field together. Here are Flacco's #s the 2 games before the trio got healthy and came back:

vs AZ - 18 of 33, 195 yards and 1 TD

vs MIA - 21 of 44 186 yards and 0 TDs, 1 INT and 1 Fumble lost

Now Darnold gets to play with them too. Let's see what happens and we can discuss after we have a real sample to evaluate.

Wanna bet me that Darnold's #s this week vs Miami will be better than Flacco's were?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't hate Darnold.  I hate that Macc traded up to take him, and hate that he sucks at football.

And yes, I'll bet you $100 to the charity of your choice (and vice versa) that Darnold's numbers against Miami this week will NOT be better than Flacco's.  I'll let you decide on which metric(s) we use to determine that beforehand.  

Cool.

We can bet (pick 1) that a) Darnold will have more TDs (1 or more), b) a better completion % (> 47.7%) or c) less turnovers (2 would be a push).

LMK

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How about Darnold has to meet 2/3 of those criteria to be declared better than Flacco?  That sound fair?  If you only pick 1 of those he can still have performed worse than Flacco overall.

That's fair.

And to be clear, I'm not saying Flacco sucks. Just saying he was the victim of crappy talent his first 2 starts as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Done.  $100 will end up with a charity either way.  Win-Win.  

I'll choose St. Jude's as my charity you'd give to if (when, lol) I win the bet.

You're on. I want to give a little more thought as to what mine will be lol

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

How about Darnold has to meet 2/3 of those criteria (any combination works) to be declared better than Flacco?  That sound fair?  If we only pick 1 of those there's a decent chance he could still have performed worse than Flacco overall.  

So:

Darnold had less TDs (you win)

Darnold had a better completion % (I win)

Darnold had 2 turnovers (a push)

Darnold did have more yards (which wasn't a stated criteria)

What say you?

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol Darnold sucked balls but we can call it a push overall if you'd like.  $100 to both charities?

Lol. Can't disagree.

Sounds fair. St. Jude's is a fine choice. I'll go there or Wounded Warriors Foundation

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Excellent choice.  I'll contribute $100 to Wounded Warriors, you contribute $100 to St Jude's.  Sound good?

You got it!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

IMG_4216.JPG

Thanks to your gift, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything, because all they should worry about is helping their child live.

DONATION DETAILS

• Order number

4-2087236

• Donation amount (USD)

$100

• Payment method

Credit card - visa

• Donation type

one time

Your receipt is being emailed to you.

• Upvote 1