If we are going to win one its this Sunday

JohnnyLV

Please no Belichick conspiracy theories those get old.

Seems to me that this Sunday's game is the one we win if we win one.

The offense is clearly different with both Mims and Perriman. You can say it's Flacco but the reality is that Flacco has looked as bad or worse than Darnold without them both out there.

We seem to be building towards being decent at offense. Yes it is a super low bar but there it is.

Miami is coming into the game in a weird place. Benching your young QB the first time he struggles is a risky move. Veterans will always support the veteran guy, and the younger players will probably prefer Tua so this could be divisive. But I watched the game Sunday and it was not just Tua the whole team seemed off.

If the continues they may not rack up points against our "defense" and we could see our selves in a 20-7 type game with a good chance to win.

If we lose Sunday I don't see us winning again realistically.

Flacco's talent/arm strength to throw the long ball is leagues beyond anything Sam has done/is capable of doing. Flacco is old and immobile (though he scampered out quite a bit), and he isn't near what he once was. However, he is showing a lot more offensive ability than Sam has in recent times. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, pointman said:

Flacco's talent/arm strength to throw the long ball is leagues beyond anything Sam has done/is capable of doing. Flacco is old and immobile (though he scampered out quite a bit), and he isn't near what he once was. However, he is showing a lot more offensive ability than Sam has in recent times. 

Yes he has but that doesn't mean we are winning any game anytime soon. 

• Upvote 2

There is nothing to worry about JN...

Dolphins: 6-4.

NY Jets: 0-10.

Dolphins: Point Differential of +62 (7th best in the NFL). 

NY Jets: Point Differential of -153 (32nd and deal last).

In order to actually comprehend just how bad that -153 point differential really is throughout 10 games (-15.3 per game) you'll first need to realize and understand that even our 1-15 Jets of 1996 only had a point differential of -92 throughout 10 games @ 1-9. 

1996 Jets: 1-9 @ -92 (-9.2 per game). 

2020 Jets: 0-10 @ -153 (-15.3 per gm).

I was 11 years of age back in 1996 (6th grade) and still to this day I remember vividly my older brother looking at me down in the basement and repeating the words "I already can't wait for next year" before leaving the room while leaving me by myself to finish watching the Oilers game alone in the basement (I loved the Oilers uniforms as a kid and remember that was the first time my oldest brother ever walked away from a game). 

I'm now 35 years old (24 years later) and never imagined I'd ever experience and witness a team as bad as our 1996 Jets team; until I had the displeasure of meeting Adam Gase's 2020 Jets team. It's happened. 

Heading into the season I predicted 3-13 @ best with potential of a 1-15 1996 type of disasters; but I could have never expected for it to look... This bad. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Is Miami a better team than Denver? 

They just lost to a team who's Qb has a 55% comp rate and has 7 tds and 11 ints

Miami had won 5 games in a row and everyone was talking highly about Tua(even though if you watch the games he really isn't doing much out there) while everyone was down on Lock and the Broncos.

CLASSIC trap game, Broncos winning outright wasn't a surprise to me at all, especially at home.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

You mean having Crowder, Perriman and Mims playing.  

Amazingly some cant remember how shltty Flacco was with the same lack of WRs that Sam had to play with.  Kind of forgot getting shut out in Miami

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Dolphins' roster is worlds better than ours is.  The coaching is as well.

Yes, the Dolphins.  Worlds better at everything than the Jets.  I said it, and its true.  

Fitz or Tua, Flacco or Darnold.  Doesn't matter.  Any combination and Miami wins easily.

The Dolphins are the better team on both sides of the ball.  But and a big one with these teams over the years of this rivalry, its never made a difference what the records were when the Jets and Dolphins got together.  Crazy scores, crazy finishes and Miami announcers calling is "those damn Jets"

16 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Miami had won 5 games in a row and everyone was talking highly about Tua(even though if you watch the games he really isn't doing much out there) while everyone was down on Lock and the Broncos.

CLASSIC trap game, Broncos winning outright wasn't a surprise to me at all, especially at home.

Agree on all points but if they can lose to devner they can lose to an improving jets.  Tua has not been overly impressive even when they were winning.

Miami should be favoured of course, they are much better but this one is not a cinch.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Flacco also had the benefit to play with the 3 receivers and face two bad teams (the pats had no one in that secondary).

8 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Flacco also had the benefit to play with the 3 receivers and face two bad teams (the pats had no one in that secondary).

I think it’s questionable to think Darnold could make the throws Flacco has made the past two games.