If we are going to win one its this Sunday

JohnnyLV

4 hours ago, pointman said:

Flacco's talent/arm strength to throw the long ball is leagues beyond anything Sam has done/is capable of doing. Flacco is old and immobile (though he scampered out quite a bit), and he isn't near what he once was. However, he is showing a lot more offensive ability than Sam has in recent times. 

Pretty sure that, since Darnold arrived, we're winless in games he hasn't started.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pretty sure that, since Darnold arrived, we're winless in games he hasn't started.  

Well we're also 0-6 in 2020 in games Darnold has started, so.....

Meanwhile, Flacco has a 6/3 TD:INT ratio, whereas Darnold is 3/6.

Same sh*tty team and Flacco has performed better than Darnold.  It's as simple as that.  Darnold being better decidedly better than Luke Falk shouldn't excite anyone.

It should also be pointed out that Josh McCown performed better than Sam Darnold as well.  

• Post of the Week 1

if you want Trevor you better hope we lose every game cause Jax has one win and there schedule looks like all losses and we lose the tiebreaker. 

this game is winnable . if not the only other one is Cleveland. Mayfield sucks. its there run game thats really good. and defense. they actually remind me of us back in 2009. Sanchez sucked but with our run game of Jones and Green and great defense. browns have 2 good runners too 

Our offense with those 3 WRs is capable. We need Gase to do what he did vs the Chargers in the 1st half which was inexplicably play completely conservative while 0-9 and not push the ball down the field. 

Now based on that observation, Gase has got to be in on the tank (punting on the opponents 40 yard line? at 0-8?). Now if he's not in on the tank & is actually TRYING to win that is frightening that SAR 1 believes he's coming back. 

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Please no Belichick conspiracy theories those get old.

Seems to me that this Sunday's game is the one we win if we win one.

The offense is clearly different with both Mims and Perriman. You can say it's Flacco but the reality is that Flacco has looked as bad or worse than Darnold without them both out there.

We seem to be building towards being decent at offense. Yes it is a super low bar but there it is.

Miami is coming into the game in a weird place. Benching your young QB the first time he struggles is a risky move. Veterans will always support the veteran guy, and the younger players will probably prefer Tua so this could be divisive. But I watched the game Sunday and it was not just Tua the whole team seemed off.

If the continues they may not rack up points against our "defense" and we could see our selves in a 20-7 type game with a good chance to win.

If we lose Sunday I don't see us winning again realistically.

The Jets have a pop warner defense. miami will roll

• Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Dinamite said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Flacco also had the benefit to play with the 3 receivers and face two bad teams (the pats had no one in that secondary).

I hear you. Of course thats huge. I was just saying what Flacco was showing. His deep ball is soooo niiiiice. Seeing our QB throw deep is rare, and pretty damn enjoyable. 

• Upvote 2