uStadium: SOURCE: Jets Doing Research on Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald

Jetsbb

12 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Pat Fitzgerald has not coached against Harbaugh 9 times. 

Sorry he's 1-8 against Michigan and 0-2 against Harbaugh since he arrived in 2006 (as head coach). 

Nonetheless he's a defensive minded coach and has never deserved the rights to coach for a Trevor Lawrence (Harbaugh has). 

44 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Another guy who is going to use the Johnsons as leverage for a big payday. 

Since he isnt up for another job to use the Jets as leverage with, since he didnt use Carolina to use as leverage, since he didnt use the Packers as leverage its just another one of your trolling posts that defy logic.

18 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Iowa is a large state school that plays in a college football hotbed where Hawkeye football is the only show in town. Northwestern is a private school in Chicago with major academic restrictions. 

I'm not saying it's easier to win at NW than it is Iowa, I'm just pointing out his head to head record at Iowa doesn't matter much in evaluating him as a head coach.

I think people slightly over estimate the academic portion as a hindrance to NW.  Don't get me wrong, it most certainly is harder to get into NW than say Iowa or Penn State, whether it be an athlete or a regular student and therefore they are at a slight disadvantage to those schools in recruiting.  That said, they still get plenty of athletes into school that would not get into their normal student body.  Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt all have similar requirements and do just fine in various sports.

It just boggles my mind how some people in this fanbase are hyping the Matt Campbell’s and Pat Fitzgerald’s while sh*tting on Jim Harbaugh simply for not beating one of the Top 3 recruiting factories in the country...

Harbaugh has 15 years of experience as an NFL QB. Harbaugh has proven himself at both the collegiate and pro levels. Harbaugh resurrected the career of a bust like Alex Smith and reached a Super Bowl with a one dimensional goof like Kaepernick. Harbaugh gave guys like Greg Roman, David Shaw and Pep Hamilton their big breaks to jumpstart their careers.

But we don’t want him because he could be “abrasive” towards a f*ckhead like Trent Baalke...

You people will get the Jets team that you deserve 

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I couldn't care less because do you know how hard it is to win @ Michigan?

Michigan hasn't been a powerhouse since the early 1900's and they've only got two National Championship Titles as a football program dating back to the 1940's (1948 and 1997). 

Jim Harbaugh only returned to Michigan because he's an Alumni and wanted to bring his school back to the promise land (but as you can see he's failed because it's impossible for Michigan Football) where they won all their titles (outside of 1997) way back in 1901, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1918, 1923, 1932, 1933, 1947 and 1948. 

Nonetheless 

People give Jim Harbaugh a hard time despite a career NCAA coaching record @ Michigan of 49-21 (.700%)

But then ask for a coach within the same Big 10 Conference in Fitzgerald? Who's only 104-79 (.568%)?

Hypocritical, much?

And Jet fans make a big deal about Harbaugh being winless against Ohio State but yet then ignore Fitz being 0-7 against Ohio State?

Hypocritical, much?

Pat Fitzgerald is also 0-2 vs Jim Harbaugh (.000%) throughout 2 Michigan vs. Northwestern games. 

Nope. No thank you. 

At least I can sit here and state that not only did Jim Harbaugh post the 5th highest NFL Head Coaching winning percentage of All-Time @. 695% consisting of 0 losing seasons, 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance throughout a 4 year run; but also turned Alex Smith from a career losing NFL bust into an immediate winner, led an average Kaep to the SB, developed a younger Freshman/Sophomore Andrew Luck into the #1 QB Prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning while going 12-1 @ STANFORD during Luck's Sophomore year; and is also a Former NFL QB himself who led his Baltimore Colts to the AFC Championship Game with 14 years of NFL Quarterbacking experience etc, etc as the man who deserves to mold and develop Trevor Lawrence...

WTF has Pat Fitzgerald done to earn his rights to Trevor Lawrence outside of absolutely nothingness?

@Darnold Schwarzenegger you asked me to elaborate; which I just did. 

He's also a defensive minded head and the complete opposite of an offensive minded one. 

Ewww, some of y’all need to clam down on this kid

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He currently makes more than Adam Gase. The Jets doing their “due dillegence” just means they’re not interested, but the fanbase will believe they were.

How much does your crystal ball say Gase make?  No one has ever said with any certainty what he makes.'

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That doesn't mean anything.  Iowa is a good program, but that's not exactly a measuring stick of greatness.

He also has a hard-on for Iowa because he broke his leg against Iowa as a player and thinks it's was a dirty play.  

Fitzgerald has been kept NW a respectable program, but there have been plenty of lean seasons under his watch too.

There was a thread about him last week and I'll reshare my thoughts in this one.  If we ended going QB again in the draft, nothing in Fitzgerald's resume or results indicate he should be trusted to develop a QB or have an effective offense.

Sounds like a perfect hire then! :P

Pat Fitzgerald

GettyImages-179601007.0.thumb.jpg.765c626cee440d13fea9b2768f1ed4d1.jpg

2006: 106th  ranked offense (out of 119 teams). 

2007: 73rd ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2008: 75th ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2009: 71st ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2010: 65th ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2011: 51st ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2012: 42nd ranked offense (out of 124 teams). 

2013: 83rd ranked offense (out of 125 teams). 

2014: 102nd ranked offense (out of 128 teams). 

2015: 114th ranked offense (out of 128 teams). 

2016: 87th ranked offense (out of 128 teams). 

2017: 57th ranked offense (out of 130 teams). 

2018: 101st ranked offense (out of 130 teams). 

2019: 126th ranked offense (out of 130 teams). 

2020: 85th ranked offense (out of 127 teams). 

An average offensive ranking of 82.5 (throughout 15 years of head coaching @ Northwestern). 

Which are offensive statistics that Pat Fitzgerald fanboys will intensionally keep hidden from you. 

He only cracked the top 50 1x throughout 15 years (42nd) and finished within the bottom 100 5x (101st, 102nd, 106th, 114th and 126th) and finished below his seasonal average of 82.5, 8 times. 

Within an offensive driven league, you Jet fans can have him; because I want absolutely nothing to do with him (whatsoever). 

bde4bb09c305466f22f72b2c253e04e1.thumb.jpg.d693fc7f3dd9d31ae389d7ed21db2bab.jpg

Trevor Lawrence deserves better (as does our offensive craved and starved fan base). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It just boggles my mind how some people in this fanbase are hyping the Matt Campbell’s and Pat Fitzgerald’s while sh*tting on Jim Harbaugh simply for not beating one of the Top 3 recruiting factories in the country...

Harbaugh has 15 years of experience as an NFL QB. Harbaugh has proven himself at both the collegiate and pro levels. Harbaugh resurrected the career of a bust like Alex Smith and reached a Super Bowl with a one dimensional goof like Kaepernick. Harbaugh gave guys like Greg Roman, David Shaw and Pep Hamilton their big breaks to jumpstart their careers.

But we don’t want him because he could be “abrasive” towards a f*ckhead like Trent Baalke...

I think its got more to do with... who they are as coaches right now and what will they bring to the team in the future. Jim Harbaugh would not be a good hire, because of many reasons. The only reasons you typically hear are the dumbass reasons like "He cant beat OSU..."

So, not only is he prickly and wears people out, now he seems to have taken the foot off the gas that made him successful in his career. There's more to why his team isn't performing.

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Plz God no. 

You guys mock Jim Harbaugh for college and Ohio State? This guy is 10x worse. 

2006: 106th  ranked offense (out of 119 teams). 

2007: 73rd ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2008: 75th ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2009: 71st ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2010: 65th ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2011: 51st ranked offense (out of 120 teams). 

2012: 42nd ranked offense (out of 124 teams). 

2013: 83rd ranked offense (out of 125 teams). 

2014: 102nd ranked offense (out of 128 teams). 

2015: 114th ranked offense (out of 128 teams). 

2016: 87th ranked offense (out of 128 teams). 

2017: 57th ranked offense (out of 130 teams). 

2018: 101st ranked offense (out of 130 teams). 

2019: 126th ranked offense (out of 130 teams). 

2020: 85th ranked offense (out of 127 teams). 

Dude, you have plenty of time on your hands. You need some pu-tang pie in your life. 

• Haha 2

I'm not a fan.  I don't think he's leaving because he pretty much has it set there as his dream job.  However, as much as I thought someone like Kliffsbury was fit better for the NFL than College, I see this guy as more of a college program builder than anything.  Of course it also depends on what the plan is on offense.  

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not saying it's easier to win at NW than it is Iowa, I'm just pointing out his head to head record at Iowa doesn't matter much in evaluating him as a head coach.

I think people slightly over estimate the academic portion as a hindrance to NW.  Don't get me wrong, it most certainly is harder to get into NW than say Iowa or Penn State, whether it be an athlete or a regular student and therefore they are at a slight disadvantage to those schools in recruiting.  That said, they still get plenty of athletes into school that would not get into their normal student body.  Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt all have similar requirements and do just fine in various sports.

Duke and Vandy are the closest comparisons to Northwestern and while they have been successful at times they have not ultimately gotten to the level Northwestern has. 

Notre Dame is Notre Dame. They are going to always reel in top 10 recruiting classes because of the brand. Stanford also has history on its side in addition to fertile California recruiting base. 

Since he’s been at Northwestern his average national recruiting rankings have been in the 60s and 12th in the Big Ten. He is not getting very many of the NFL type athletes which is why Northwestern is somewhat limited in how far they can go. 

People comparing the job he’s done at Northwestern to Harbaugh at Michigan is laughable. Harbaughs gotten top 5–10 classes every year. 

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I agree, he's a better Frank Reich & look what he's doing in Indy with Old Man Rivers.