Jags starting Mike Glennon

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably not but I would need to see the full pre-draft process play out a bit before ruling him out for sure.  

As it stands, yes, I'd be all in on Fields at 2 if we assume Lawrence goes at 1.

I'm still all in for Lawrence, but you never know.   We get to see the games and highlights, but we don't get the view that Joe Douglas gets.  There will be interviews and private workouts that he will conduct for all three of those prospects.  On paper and from a fan's eye, I think most can say Lawrence has it all with some question regarding the long ball.  Fields looks to have it all, but we have a small sample size and from where I am watching, he tends to take to his feet before he looks over every rout that he has going on.  Could mean he does no read as good as you would like, or he is just inclined to do it himself.   With Wilson, there is the strength of competition to consider along with the fact that he also takes to his feet a lot.  If he runs around in the NFL the way he did his first season in college, he's going to get his head taken off.  But then again, Joe Burrow is a pocket guy and his season just ended, so what do I know....

Douglas did a nice job selecting Becton, Mimms, and Davis, so let's hope his hand stays hot and he gets us the right guy. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Luton was embarrassing last week and Minshew is still hurt. Makes sense. If you watch the Jags play they're trying to win these games.

They really are. I believe their coach Doug Marrone is on the Hot seat. He's not playing for TLaw.  He won't be there to use him.  He's trying to make a strong push to justify staying on. If he can win out or even make some noise with this batch o scrubs he will have a stronger case. 

That's good for us. 

• Upvote 1

If Glennon pulls out a win on Sunday, this will surely be a signal for a  @Villain The Foe return amidst beautiful virtual victory laps in the lovefest filled arena of Jet Nation.

Glennon's rookie year stats in Tampa Bay  

2608 yards, 59.4 % completion percentage, 19 touchdowns, 9 interceptions

For comparison sake...

Mark Sanchez rookie year stats 

2444 yards, 53.8 % completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, 20 interceptions

And for those of you who never want to pass up an opportunity to return to your favorite object of scorn,  Sam Darnold 

Sam Darnold rookie year stats

2865 yards,    57.7 % completion percentage, 17 touchdowns, 15 interceptions

• Upvote 3

I just went to look into this guys career statistics and I realized while reviewing that it's sad when you realize that MIKE GLENNON has a better career TD-to-INT Ratio, a better career completion percentage and a better career QB Rating than Sam Darnold despite being a career losing QB (6-16 overall) and only drafted in the 3rd round...

Sam is done. He's finished. His confidence is shot; he's broken. 

sam-darnold-3.jpg.b939f90387e9b21c6b6f25718b3a9d8f.jpg

1057318144.jpg.thumb.jpg.7825ebe3b2e389ac4e8144524107351a.jpg

102119_jetspats.thumb.jpg.f9a068d39297ae33fd9a1101c1fbb2f9.jpg

4b960a80-6ad1-4fe1-abf9-178762ec130f-102520_BillsvsJets_2597.jpeg.409540e42c26a762f22aad308db808e0.jpeg

When I was a kid in little league baseball, I once struck out @ the plate. I was a kid. 8-9 years old. I walked back to the dugout with my head held low and my eyes looking into the ground. My coach said nothing about my body language. But on my way home in the car; my mom did. She warned me (in a loving way) for her to never see her son with my head held down in life like that, ever again and to never feel ashamed of myself when i know I gave it my best shot. I've never since forgotten my mom's words. They stuck with me. Growing up playing sports no matter how many times I stuck out and no matter how many jump shots I missed; I never held my head down low again. Sam is damaged goods and he's mentally defeated. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I just went to look into this guys career statistics and I realized while reviewing that it's sad when you realize that MIKE GLENNON has a better career TD-to-INT Ratio, a better career completion percentage and a better career QB Rating than Sam Darnold despite being a career losing QB (6-16 overall) and only drafted in the 3rd round...

4b960a80-6ad1-4fe1-abf9-178762ec130f-102520_BillsvsJets_2597.jpeg.409540e42c26a762f22aad308db808e0.jpeg

When I was a kid in little league baseball, I once struck out @ the plate. I was a kid. 8-9 years old. I walked back to the dugout with my head held low and my eyes looking into the ground. My coach said nothing about my body language. But on my way home in the car; my mom did. She warned me (in a loving way) for her to never see me with my head held down in life like that again and to never feel ashamed when you know you have it your best shot. I've never once forgotten my mom's words. They stuck with me. Growing up playing sports no matter how many times I stuck out and no matter how many jump shots I missed; I never held my head down low again. Sam is damaged goods and he's mentally defeated. 

You may be right.  I guess we'll see in the weeks to come.  It is very sad and it should never have been this way.  Quite cruel to be drafted into a pair of consecutive incompetent coaching staffs, neither of which had the ability to get the most out of veteran players, let alone a very young rookie, along with a pair of GMs who surround you with the worst dog sh*t in the NFL to protect you.  Never had a chance.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Luton was embarrassing last week and Minshew is still hurt. Makes sense. If you watch the Jags play they're trying to win these games.

Of course they are. "Tanking" is an idiotic overused fans term. It's not in the players or coaches interest to lose.

22 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

In a vacuum yes but Glennon hasn’t seen live action in what, 3 years? I actually think for the next couple of weeks Luton is better. I hope I’m wrong and they steal a win against Clev or Minn

Glennon played for the Raiders last year

Luton went 16-37 for 151 yards with 4 picks last week.  a QB rating of 15.5 ?

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Mike Glennon only played for the Raiders in the preseason.   Took me weeks to get over seeing that horror show.

Glennon played in the regular season, came into 2 games.  Was 6-10 for 59 yards with a TD.  Not in preseason games.  

One was the loss to the Jets.  Sorry, I guess you blocked that loss out of your memory

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Growing up playing sports no matter how many times I stuck out and no matter how many jump shots I missed; I never held my head down low again. Sam is damaged goods and he's mentally defeated. 

Has there ever been anything less convincing than pictures of a QB walking off the field to make some point about damaged goods?