Gastineau Lives

Robby Anderson with or without Darnold under center

On 11/25/2020 at 10:26 AM, joewilly12 said:

Let me guess you are in this picture. 

Look Into Mirror Shw Boy GIF - LookIntoMirror ShwBoy PrettyBoySong GIFs

Yup, I'm in the car whacking off

Also, not sure why he added the ^^^^^^^ to his original post, but he did.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

15.0 yards per catch with Sam

11.5 without him

Yards per target are the same.

Discuss

Can't evaluate without all the stats (which I am too lazy to look up).

On 11/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

Yup, I'm in the car whacking off

WTF dude???!! 
surprised cat GIF

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

15.0 yards per catch with Sam

11.5 without him

Yards per target are the same.

Discuss

It is?  I'm showing 8.6 yards per target for Anderson thru 11 games this season, highest of his career.  It was 8.0 in 2018 and 8.1 in 2019.

His 2nd best performance in this category for a season was 8.3 with........Josh McCown, in 2017.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It is?  I'm showing 8.6 yards per target this season, highest of his career.  It was 8.0 in 2018 and 8.1 with 2019.

His 2nd best performance in this category was 8.3 with........Josh McCown.

You're right. I thought it was more negligible than it turned out to be. Still, in yards per reception he crushes that by sevenfold, so my assumption is that he was receiving much deeper targets last year than this year. 

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You're right. I thought it was more negligible than it turned out to be. Still, in yards per reception he crushes that by sevenfold, so my assumption is that he was receiving much deeper targets last year than this year. 

He was, but that folds in nicely with the yards per target metric.  Being targeted deeper should  have resulted in better numbers.  But Sam Darnold is an awful deep ball thrower.  Worse than even Josh McCown. 

Flacco and Robby Anderson would actually have been the best pairing of the options available to Anderson in his career to date.  

Anderson is no longer lighting the world on fire in Carolina and Perriman has looked very good.  The group saying that Perriman was a decent replacement for Anderson are being proven correct right now.  As are the people who have given up on Darnold.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was, but that folds in nicely with the yards per target metric.  Being targeted deeper should  have resulted in better numbers.  But Sam Darnold is an awful deep ball thrower.

Flacco and Robby Anderson would actually have been the best pairing of the options available to Anderson in his career to date.

You're probably  right. But someone was getting the deeper shots to him last year. We'd have to see the NFL catch/completion percentage for yards that travel that distance to make a fair assessment, no?

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

he group saying that Perriman was a decent replacement for Anderson are being proven correct right now. 

Perriman has missed 5 games. Robbo has started every game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Everyone has been hurt under Gase.  And Anderson is making more than Perriman for a reason.  When he's been on the field, Perriman has been impressive.  That's all that matters to me there.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everyone has been hurt under Gase.  And Anderson is making more than Perriman for a reason.  When he's been on the field, Perriman has been impressive.  That's all that matters to me there.  

if this wasnt a repeated thing, you'd have an argument, but it is a repeated thing. Perriman has missed a BUNCHA GAMES.

15 in 5 yrs as opposed to

2 in 5 yrs

Anyway, he's been pretty solid..iirc I even mentioned him late last yr as the potential 3rd WR in a + Crowder and Draft pick trio in case we didn't stay w/ Robbo.

I'd like a little more avaialability is all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

if this wasnt a repeated thing, you'd have an argument, but it is a repeated thing. Perriman has missed a BUNCHA GAMES.

15 in 5 yrs as opposed to

2 in 5 yrs

Anyway, he's been pretty solid..iirc I even mentioned him late last yr as the potential 3rd WR in a + Crowder and Draft pick trio in case we didn't stay w/ Robbo.

I'd like a little more avaialability is all.

You're right, he has gotten hurt before.  And again, Anderson was paid more for a reason.  That was baked into the equation when Perriman signed his cheap 1-year deal here.

• Upvote 1

Breshad Perriman is nothing more than a former 1st round bust WR and now on his 4th team in only 5 years. 

Baltimore drafted him 26th overall and quit on him after only 2 seasons. 

Cleveland quit on him after only 1 year. 

Tampa Bay quit on him after only 1 year. 

And here in 2020 he's only recorded 18 receptions for 273 receiving yards throughout 6 games played. That's only an average of 3 catches/45 receiving yards per game; this type of production can become replaced with 7th round picks and undrafted Free Agents etc. 

NY Jets will quit on him after only 1 year (too). 

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

just look up the advanced stats 

Robbos depth of target has gotten smaller and smaller

catch % way up as a result as well

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeRo04.htm

They've literally taken one of the elite deep threat guys in the nfl, paired him with a short to intermediate throwing QB and have him running slants.  It's increased his catches, but decreased his ypc and he only has 1 TD and that was in week 1. Robby defenders hung their arguments on his deep threat ability and ability to score TDs. Those 2 things have been neutered this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:07 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

15.0 yards per catch with Sam last year.

11.5 without him this year.

Yards per target are (a half a yard different)

Discuss

Darnold under center route tree:

Go

Go

Go

Go

Go

Teddy B roue tree

Drag

Dig

Go

Slant

Dig

Out

Go

15 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Damn, just like Jets to let guy go before he gets a cool nickname. First Riggo now Robbo damn this franchise. 

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

15.0 yards per catch with Sam last year.

11.5 without him this year.

Yards per target are (a half a yard different)

Discuss

south park beat a dead horse GIF

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Darnold under center route tree:

Go

Go

Go

Go

Go

Teddy B roue tree

Drag

Dig

Go

Slant

Dig

Out

Go

Fair enough but I don't remember his leading receiver catching very many go routes. Also, McCaffery (Davis), DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel help no?

17 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Unless injuries are part of the tank.... Just sayin'

(JD?)

85 best Propeller Hats and Tin Foil Beanies images on ...

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, someone mentioned this once? Can you find that post for me?

Right, nobody ever spoke about Anderson since he was traded.

lauren ash head shake GIF by Superstore

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, nobody ever spoke about Anderson since he was traded.

lauren ash head shake GIF by Superstore

Sorry, I thought I was speaking about something specific. Well sure, I've heard of Robby Anderson before. He plays wide receiver for the Panthers. Used to play for the Jets.

And use your words next time. If every the main thrust of every response is going to be a gif, I'm going to assume you're a thirteen year old girl.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Sorry, I thought I was speaking about something specific. Well sure, I've heard of Robby Anderson before. He plays wide receiver for the Panthers. Used to play for the Jets.

And use your words next time. If every the main thrust of every response is going to be a gif, I'm going to assume you're a thirteen year old girl.

stripes lighten GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Fair enough but I don't remember his leading receiver catching very many go routes. Also, McCaffery (Davis), DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel help no?

They do, but in terms of his yards per catch it's how he's being used.  Jets didn't let him show what he can do in terms of a full route tree.

Also, Teddy B doesn't have the type of arm that can take full advantage of Robby's speed.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He was, but that folds in nicely with the yards per target metric.  Being targeted deeper should  have resulted in better numbers.  But Sam Darnold is an awful deep ball thrower.  Worse than even Josh McCown. 

Anderson is no longer lighting the world on fire in Carolina and Perriman has looked very good.  The group saying that Perriman was a decent replacement for Anderson are being proven correct right now.  As are the people who have given up on Darnold.  

My biggest gripe wasn't signing Perriman but not re-signing Robby as well as signing Perriman. We have the cap space for both so why not? 

29 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

My biggest gripe wasn't signing Perriman but not re-signing Robby as well as signing Perriman. We have the cap space for both so why not? 

Agreed, and even Douglas admits they should have done more to bring Anderson back.  

That said, we really don't know what we would have had to offer him to keep him away from his old coach at Temple, so its no lock he would have signed had we upped the offer.

34 minutes ago, AFJF said:

They do, but in terms of his yards per catch it's how he's being used.  Jets didn't let him show what he can do in terms of a full route tree.

Also, Teddy B doesn't have the type of arm that can take full advantage of Robby's speed.

Neither does Darnold.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Neither does Darnold.  

Has the arm strength, lacks the deep accuracy to do it consistently.

• Upvote 1