NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If you're going to go after someone publicly like that, you should have some documented examples that others can corroborate. This is just seems like an all around immature who cares fest.

Youre defending Manish, the guy who over the years has publicly made lots of comments and accusations and never had some documented examples that anyone could corroborate.

You are repeatedly missing the point here.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

Agreed.  Can’t see anyone talking to him at this point.

People will talk to him. People that have an agenda that they want to have published by a source that they know will put things out there without required scrutiny. Whether true or not. 

Everything that he published in the past, and everything that he publishes in the future now becomes tainted

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre defending Manish, the guy who over the years has publicly made lots of comments and accusations and never had some documented examples that anyone could corroborate.

You are repeatedly missing the point here.  

No I’m actually not. Mannish is irrelevant and literally no one takes him seriously as a reporter. If he actually went to a rec game to heckle JD’s kid then yeah by all means flame away. That just seems hard to believe even for him. But the people reporting on this are not Cimini, so it just feels like internet gossip. In an 0-10 season I guess we need something to talk about. 

• Thumb Down 1

Keep in mind this human gutter trash used to be probably the most influential person involved with the Jets and their decision making. Its pretty clear he's somehow weaseled his way through life without ever catching a beating and now society is too soft to play catch up. There's about 15 different people in this thread mentioned that should have curb stomped him. Joe Douglas should have made him disappear for harassing his kid alone.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One of the beat writers for a major NYC paper isnt not someone who "literally no one takes seriously". 

So many people have reported the incident with JDs kid.  WFAN ran the story on air, claim they confirmed it along with everyone who has covered the story.  Not one media person or outlet is claiming the story is BS.  Manish was banned from the Jet Facilities and the NFL had to sign off on it and did.  The NFL, an organization that thrives on coverage banned a senior beat writer from a major NYC newspaper.  And somehow you dont believe it and are trying to make it into "Internet gossip".  

Come on, where theres smoke theres fire.  Why are you defending Manish Mehta over and over again?

The Daily News is not a major paper anymore. Does a hard copy even circulate anymore? Manish is a moron who's only relevant with the more die heard Jets fans. No one is claiming anything because it's not a major story. That's all. If you can find the post where I'm defending Manish, please quote it. If not..

TestyDetailedDairycow-small.gif

4 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Keep in mind this human gutter trash used to be probably the most influential person involved with the Jets and their decision making. Its pretty clear he's somehow weaseled his way through life without ever catching a beating and now society is too soft to play catch up. There's about 15 different people in this thread mentioned that should have curb stomped him. Joe Douglas should have made him disappear for harassing his kid alone.  

Would it now seem a stretch at all that Mehta was behind the Wyatt burner twitter account? 

Mehta was very plugged into the Bryan Colangelo (his wife) burner account situation. It does not take any stretch (now that we know the other ways he has deceived). He appears to be that diabolical and that measured.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Daily News is not a major paper anymore. Does a hard copy even circulate anymore? Manish is a moron who's only relevant with the more die heard Jets fans. No one is claiming anything because it's not a major story. That's all. If you can find the post where I'm defending Manish, please quote it. If not..

Yes a hard copy still circulates. The majority of their revenue , for sure, comes from digital ad revenue. The way to drive digital ad revenue is by clicks, obviously. 

The man that replaced the sports editor at the DN? Form Deadspin, with the title of "Director of Digital Audience Development". You know how Deadspin gets clicks? By being outrageous. The connection is not to difficult to make.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Would it now seem a stretch at all that Mehta was behind the Wyatt burner twitter account? 

Mehta was very plugged into the Bryan Colangelo (his wife) burner account situation. It does not take any stretch (now that we know the other ways he has deceived). He appears to be that diabolical and that measured.

Burner account was created by Jets PR dep't and a 20 year old's intern's email in that department was the recovery account.  Mehta is a P.O.S. but the burner account was all Jets P.R. dep't and they got away with it because everyone assumes it was Mehta trying to troll Gase.  

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Newpapers aren't what they once were but in the context of major newspapers, they fit the bill given their circulation and being a NYC paper.  

And yeah, you've been defending Manish

One for starters, youre clearly defending him.  Own it, its ok

If he actually went to a rec game to heckle JD’s kid then yeah by all means flame away. That just seems hard to believe even for him. But the people reporting on this are not Cimini, so it just feels like internet gossip. In an 0-10 season I guess we need something to talk about. 

omg lol. These sources are as fugazi as Manish's.

But the people reporting on this are not Cimini, so it just feels like internet gossip. In an 0-10 season I guess we need something to talk about. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Burner account was created by Jets PR dep't and a 20 year old's intern's email in that department was the recovery account.  Mehta is a P.O.S. but the burner account was all Jets P.R. dep't and they got away with it because everyone assumes it was Mehta trying to troll Gase.  

I never heard this an frankly dont get why the Jets PR dept would risk so much over this

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes a hard copy still circulates. The majority of their revenue , for sure, comes from digital ad revenue. The way to drive digital ad revenue is by clicks, obviously. 

The man that replaced the sports editor at the DN? Form Deadspin, with the title of "Director of Digital Audience Development". You know how Deadspin gets clicks? By being outrageous. The connection is not to difficult to make.

Deadspin is not what it once was-  I think it still exists, but not much traffic. They have entirely new people there too I believe and completely changed how they covered sports from when Will Letich was there.

"Journalism" is on life support as it is. Jimmy Breslin isnt walking through that door. It's pay to play and pay for access. Cimini is legit the only Jets reporter worth reading. Everything else, especially on the national level is either scripted Skip Bayless stuff or jocksniffing. This kid ghostwriting for Manish and not getting the credit unfortunately has always happened. It's not really surprising. If Manish was harassing a kid because of his dad then yeah he's pathetic. I just dont see this as any sort of omg story or we've broken the Manish case. We knew he sucked. I didnt think the Colangelo story was all that big either. Twitter is a total bubble.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Deadspin is not what it once was-  I think it still exists, but not much traffic. They have entirely new people there too I believe and completely changed how they covered sports from when Will Letich was there.

"Journalism" is on life support as it is. Jimmy Breslin isnt walking through that door. This kid ghostwriting for Manish and not getting the credit unfortunately has always happened. It's not really surprising. If Manish was harassing a kid because of his dad then yeah he's pathetic. I just dont see this as any sort of omg story. I didnt think the Colangelo one was either.

Of course journalism is not what it once was. That is unfortunate, but true. 

But, that does not give license to:

-Creating agendas about the subject you are reporting upon.

-Blatantly attempting to create access by giving preferential coverage.

-Immersing yourself as part of the story.

-Being vindictive based upon access.

It is very clear to see that is what Mehta has been doing. And yes, it is a story. Rightly so. Otherwise, it would truly be the wild west.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Proof?

believe what you want.  Burner account was 100% Jets P.R.   I can't give you tangible proof, but that's the way it happened.  Jets lucked out when all the blame shifted to Mehta.  No sympathy for him due to all the other sh*t Mehta has done through the years.  Ironic that he gets pinned for the one thing he didn't do.  The recovery email for the burner account matched the the initials, number of characters and host account for the unpaid intern.  Whatever.  Mehta deserves all this.  But it was Jets P.R with that burner account.  I am 99% confident of that. 

EDIT: Another possibility is the intern was a "spy" for Mehta 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

They did. That intern is long gone so there is no way to corroborate.

Im not saying it isnt true its just so hard to believe.  I guess I could buy that it was some moron of an intern who screwed up thinking he was funny.  Just cant buy it was done by the PR dept.  Theres the difference.  An intern, not on the payroll screwing around is one thing, its quite another that it was a concerted effort of a PR dept for a multi billion dollar enterprise.  I would think that would be one hell of a story and would have been widely reported

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

believe what you want.  Burner account was 100% Jets P.R.   I can't give you tangible proof, but that's the way it happened.  Jets lucked out when all the blame shifted to Mehta.  No sympathy for him due to all the other sh*t Mehta has done through the years.  Ironic that he gets pinned for the one thing he didn't do.  The recovery email for the burner account matched the the initials, number of characters and host account for the unpaid intern.  Whatever.  Mehta deserves all this.  But it was Jets P.R with that burner account.  I am 99% confident of that.  

That sounds like solid evidence. Is it not possible for Mehta to create an account with those initials and number of characters?  Would not be surprising at all. 

TestyDetailedDairycow-small.gif&key=b93ad011581fec111a0dfc407671d1dc3d4a2bd90a046e3290d049dd407f2e2f

This is a major story. Are you related to him?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

People will talk to him. People that have an agenda that they want to have published by a source that they know will put things out there without required scrutiny. Whether true or not. 

Everything that he published in the past, and everything that he publishes in the future now becomes tainted

He has to keep his job first.  We'll see how that goes.

And you're right so I should have been more specific.  I was talking in terms of anyone in the building at 1 Jets Drive.  Some agents looking to get a message out might still come to him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Agree , they were going to hire Doug Marrone until Manish told them not to ( say what you want about Marrone ,the stuff Mehta pulled  on that was deplorable) and Idzik once drafted 13 players and refused to trade out of some spots ..just to prove Mehta wrong . He’s had actual influence on front office hiring and roster decisions. Amazing to believe but he has . Good lord what a disaster we have been . Hopefully JD changes this . 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Curious as to why Manish never denied being behind the burner. It was a big story, big accusation, and as far as I know never addressed, despite being called out by many on twitter. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Agree , they were going to hire Doug Marrone until Manish told them not to ( say what you want about Marrone ,the stuff Mehta pulled  on that was deplorable) and Idzik once drafted 13 players and refused to trade out of some spots ..just to prove Mehta wrong . He’s had actual influence on front office hiring and roster decisions. Amazing to believe but he has . Good lord what a disaster we have been . Hopefully JD changes this . 

It was. But that's on the Johnson's. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/25/2020 at 12:32 PM, AFJF said:

I said he had sources.  You said he did not.

I was right.  You were wrong.

Today’s news changes none of that.

You’re a good poster and JN contributor so it’s confusing why you continue to bring up a point on which you were proven wrong time and again.  

It’s okay to admit being wrong from time to time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DzdmSNRxmxJc&ved=2ahUKEwiR8Jjn4aDtAhVDRTABHfxQD0gQjjgwAXoECAIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw18kLvw4HQ6UzFCOv1-njwb