NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

48 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Bet you a dollar jetophile is boffing Manish

What decade is "boffing" from?  Cause I don't remember it as a kid in the 60's, we never used it to talk about who we were doing it with in the 70's or 80's, and after that I was married so it would be moot since then.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I just don’t get the need to dredge up old stuff and remind everyone of things someone said when they admittedly were a lot less mature.

But that’s the new mature me talking ?

One of Covid-19's unspoken after-effects?

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What decade is "boffing" from?  Cause I don't remember it as a kid in the 60's, we never used it to talk about who we were doing it with in the 70's or 80's, and after that I was married so it would be moot since then.

When did Candy cost a nickel? That period I am guessing. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2020 at 4:27 PM, Mogglez said:

But remember guys, Manish had sources once and helped the podcast.

It actually didn't help all that much.  Numbers with Manish didn't see huge spikes over anything else we do.  But as we sometimes have Dennis Waszak from the AP or Kristian Dyer from SI, it's just about getting a credentialed writer on the show to talk about the Jets.  

Once he lost his credentials, we stopped having him on.

People should spend less time tying themselves in knots over being wrong about Manish, do some deep breathing exercises and look forward to the draft.

49 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It actually didn't help all that much.  Numbers with Manish didn't see huge spikes over anything else we do.  But as we sometimes have Dennis Waszak from the AP or Kristian Dyer from SI, it's just about getting a credentialed writer on the show to talk about the Jets.  

Once he lost his credentials, we stopped having him on.

People should spend less time tying themselves in knots over being wrong about Manish, do some deep breathing exercises and look forward to the draft.

So what you're saying is Manish will never be invited back?  Credentialed or not?  Please clarify.  Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

So what you're saying is Manish will never be invited back?  Credentialed or not?  Please clarify.  Thanks in advance.

No.  Can't have him on after all of this has come to light.

Funny part is that for the past 2-3 years I was crazy for saying he had sources.

Now it changes to "Oh my god, it was so dirty how he got his sources".

Yes, the sources that everybody screamed he didn't have.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one cares whether he has sources or not.  We care that he's a snake, a liar, and apparently he's even worse than we all thought.  

You're focusing heavily on issue # 887 out of 1,000 when it comes to Manish Mehta.

Well if I'd been proven wrong about something I'd been saying for years, I too would rather we not focus on it.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Well if I'd been proven wrong about something I'd been saying for years, I too would rather we not focus on it.

I think that’s basically why we’re all here. We’re mourning our ignorance of his journalistic ability. 

Thank you for being the steady, guiding hand for all of us in the face of increasingly salacious rumors, keeping us focused on the immeasurable quality and depth of his work. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lizard King said:

I think that’s basically why we’re all here. We’re mourning our ignorance of his journalistic ability. 

Thank you for being the steady, guiding hand for all of us in the face of increasingly salacious rumors, keeping us focused on the immeasurable quality and depth of his work. 

You're the only one making that claim.  To each his own.

16 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You're focusing on just one of many, many complaints we've had for Manish over the years.  So, congrats, I guess?  He's only 99.9 % a lying scumbag.  Enjoy your victory lap.  You must be so proud.  

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're focusing on just one of many, many complaints we've had for Manish over the years.  So, congrats, I guess?  He's only 99.9 % a lying scumbag.  Enjoy your victory lap.  You must be so proud.  

Not really.  I'm just intrigued by the deflection/denial/group-think.

I don't really care one way or the other.  He was a Jets writer.  He broke stories.  Sometimes I talked to him about those stories for a few minutes on a podcast as I do with other people who write about the Jets.

It's those who hate the guy that created this story in their heads about the friendship I must have with him because why else would a Jets podcast speak to a Jets reporter about Jets news?  There's no other possible explanation, I suppose.

17 hours ago, jetophile said:

Said I needed a hobby. Razor sharp long term memory was one of the things I was left with. 

Online Karen, I can't agree to something if I don't know what it means exactly; but if it's supposed to mean women who think they're entitled to things just because they're women, you couldn't be more wronreg. As a matter of fact, I kept it under wraps for a long time ages ago what my gender was because I didn't 1) want my opinions babied because I was a girl/fawning or 2) having my opinions ripped apart because what could a girl possibly know about football.

That second part, it's why I refused to listen to Fatcesa ever again after I called in once years ago. He cut me off, wouldn't let me speak, and continued to deride me on the air for a full 5 minutes, which Russo added to. I was so pissed off, I wrote the station, and he called me at my job and said, "I heard you called the station all irate." I said, "No, I didn't call the station. I wrote and faxed it in, which you obviously read." "You can call in anytime." "Why? To give you ratings after what you did? No, thanks." "Well, you can call in anytime." "I said no thanks." It was the day after it happened, and some other people called in to complain, but you're not making me the keystone of your rodeo for a day, you blowhard jackass. I never forgave that fat ass for that. I can tell you what it was about another time if you're interested enough.

Luckily things have changed an awful lot, and since it became an open secret just as long ago, it no longer matters. Speaking of bullying though - which it also wasn't - I did use to beat the sh it out of Phil back in the day, haha. I'm not sure if you were there for some of that, lol. 

Do me a favor, stop taking stuff off topic. This post should be in the lounge because I don't even understand it, it isn't about the topic at hand.