Jump to content

NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.


Jetsbb
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. It's who she is man she's absolutely sick and twisted she was once a grown ass woman attempting to bully and attack JetsBabe (verbally) over a message board back on JI when JB was just a little girl back then just a teenager it was absolutely disgusting for me to see back then and even more disgusting for me to see today.  The way she jumped down JB's throat within this thread was sick and disgusting (10+ years later) but back then she was even  more extreme with her verbal abuse it's sickening. 

Keep trying, Flounder. I have never verbally abused anyone, including you. Please point out this verbal abuse you speak of with specific, particular examples. I'll wait.

Again, you weren't even there and you don't even know what happened.  And also again, you're not jetsbabe/emesola, who can speak for herself quite well and very obviously doesn't need your help, Prince Valiant. I didn't "attempt to bully" anyone, especially then. SHE was bullying greengal and I stuck up for her because it was atrocious and no-one was doing anything. I can't even call your "version" revisionist history because for the third time, YOU WEREN'T THERE.

Here's somewhere else where you're conflating, and conflating shamelessly at that: I never "posted" at Jets Insider. Scratch that, conflating is too generous:  YOU'RE LYING. I joined there in 2006 and made one post and one post only in 2006 and never posted again. You want to know what I said? It's pretty salacious. "Nevermind."

To further that, there are a ton of people on here who were lifers over there. Ask any one of them if they ever saw me post there, let alone "verbally abuse" people.  In fact, I dare you. You're full of it on all cylinders. I'm sure @emesola can also confirm that she never had one conversation with me over at JI and that I never "verbally abused" her there or anywhere else. "It was absolutely disgusting for you to see", for the fourth time, YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU DIDN'T "SEE" ANYTHING, and JI never happened, Manish.

The funniest part of your delusion is that I said nothing but encouraging things and even posted some articles in your diabetes thread elsewhere. That was so mean of me, how will I ever take it all back. Grow up already. emesola did in leaps and bounds and surely doesn't need you to defend her honor against imaginary bullying and insults. Good Day once again, Sir.

 

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Do me a favor, stop taking stuff off topic. This post should be in the lounge because I don't even understand it, it isn't about the topic at hand.

What thread should I put it in?  Should start a thread about it? About what?

Manish = Turd

emesola = The Scoop

emesola used to be jetsbabe

jetsbabe set herself on fire a hundred years ago

jetsbabe grew up and apologized

emesola welcomed back with open arms

DWC lying on all cylinders that I bullied her

Manish = Turd

Looks pretty on topic to me, but whatever, Boss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jetophile said:

What thread should I put it in?  Should start a thread about it? About what?

Manish = Turd

emesola = The Scoop

emesola used to be jetsbabe

jetsbabe set herself on fire a hundred years ago

jetsbabe grew up and apologized

emesola welcomed back with open arms

DWC lying on all cylinders that I bullied her

Manish = Turd

Looks pretty on topic to me, but whatever, Boss. 

I wouldn’t really say that I set myself on fire? I think we all act very different when we’re teenagers vs. in our 30s. Just a thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, emesola said:

I wouldn’t really say that I set myself on fire? I think we all act very different when we’re teenagers vs. in our 30s. Just a thought. 

Well, you did in the sense that you were attacking someone horribly who didn't deserve it at all, and no-one was putting a stop to it on any level, your "age" notwithstanding. You kind of shot yourself out of here shortly afterward, but also fair enough.

I remember things in such fine detail that sometimes people half wonder if I'm full of it or if someone else has filled in particulars because how possible could such camera-like recollection of minutiae actually be? Trust me, it's real. I said this to someone once that I'm not in Marilu Henner territory by any stretch, but it's definitely a handful.

Anyway, welcome back. Looking forward to your contributions! GO JETS!!!

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jetophile said:

Well, you did in the sense that you were attacking someone horribly who didn't deserve it at all, and no-one was putting a stop to it on any level, your "age" notwithstanding. You kind of shot yourself out of here shortly afterward, but also fair enough.

I remember things in such fine detail that sometimes people half wonder if I'm full of it or if someone else has filled in particulars because how possible could such camera-like recollection of minutiae actually be? Trust me, it's real. I said this to someone once that I'm not in Marilu Henner territory by any stretch, but it's definitely a handful.

Anyway, welcome back. Looking forward to your contributions! GO JETS!!!

I stopped posting on the forum because I was going through a lot personally and needed to focus on myself. Needed to grow the f up, and focus on my career. I wasn’t doing that at the time. Contrary to what you believe, it had nothing to do with calling you a name. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, emesola said:

I stopped posting on the forum because I was going through a lot personally and needed to focus on myself. Needed to grow the f up, and focus on my career. I wasn’t doing that at the time. Contrary to what you believe, it had nothing to do with calling you a name. 

You didn't call me any names, it was greengal. I guess the exit was purely coincidental but it hardly matters. I'm glad things have brightened up for you.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, emesola said:

Back on topic! Yes!

In terms of updates, I will share if I hear anything. As of right now, it seems like the NYDN will continue to enable this behavior. It’s upsetting that this is the state of journalism in 2020.

They hope that Manish gets his credentials back, spoke with someone who worked with Jets PR: “That will never happen.”

Quoting/bumping this so it doesn’t get lost in the (unnecessary) drama. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

What thread should I put it in?  Should start a thread about it? About what?

Manish = Turd

emesola = The Scoop

emesola used to be jetsbabe

jetsbabe set herself on fire a hundred years ago

jetsbabe grew up and apologized

emesola welcomed back with open arms

DWC lying on all cylinders that I bullied her

Manish = Turd

Looks pretty on topic to me, but whatever, Boss. 

Max is merciful. I would have already locked you in the cage with ferocious lions and charged admission by now

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Because you’re self involved attention whore who was asked to stop spamming the thread and can’t follow directions. About to buy an elf on the shelf to watch you. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, emesola said:

Quoting/bumping this so it doesn’t get lost in the (unnecessary) drama. 

One would have to wonder what his contract structure is like. 

We know that the DN most likely knew about all of these transgressions as he had his credentials taken away. That they did not release him then, meant that they gave tacit approval. Well, if they decide to fire Mehta now, what would be the grounds? Just because those transgressions became public? That is not really a reason to fire. They missed their chance based on conduct. Mehta may have some recourse to keep fight for his salary then. DN does not need to leak any more money.

Maybe they wait until the end of the season. They need someone to "cover" the Jets at least until the Gase firing. We have been told countless times that Mehta has "sources" (although the collective will of Jetnation supposedly does not believe this), and this would help some juicy columns down the stretch for additional clicks.

And in the end, this is what it is seemingly become for the DN. Clicks. Bad news and scandal create more clicks. And that is the moral of this story.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, emesola said:

Mehta DOES have sources. People go to him when they want a slanted version of their story told (example: Jamal Adams). 

I really don't think anyone did not believe that. As you state, the sources were those that were trying to bend truth, based upon whatever agenda they were trying to purport. Some of it probably contained the occasional "breaking news" piece to then position Mehta so that when they needed to use him to propagate their own agenda, they had a willing participant.

But as has been said in this thread before, once you allow your self to be prostituted once, every other client (in this case story) is suspect of a contamination.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What thread should I put it in?  Should start a thread about it? About what?
Manish = Turd
emesola = The Scoop
emesola used to be jetsbabe
jetsbabe set herself on fire a hundred years ago
jetsbabe grew up and apologized
emesola welcomed back with open arms
DWC lying on all cylinders that I bullied her
Manish = Turd
Looks pretty on topic to me, but whatever, Boss. 

How about no thread? And maybe getting over it?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

new york jets fan GIF

Should be worth noting that they work with another PR agency now. 

Fun tidbit: Last November they tried to “organize a sit down between him and Gase to clear the air but he was such a dick even trying to arrange that.”

This was before the credentials got revoked. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, emesola said:

Back on topic! Yes!

In terms of updates, I will share if I hear anything. As of right now, it seems like the NYDN will continue to enable this behavior. It’s upsetting that this is the state of journalism in 2020.

They hope that Manish gets his credentials back, spoke with someone who worked with Jets PR: “That will never happen.”

This should be a slam dunk but with the Johnson family I'm never confident.  Will the current beat reporters keep the topic on the front burner until ownership is forced to address the issue?   Will anyone in the national press write a story to address this?  Thanks again for sharing your insight into journalism in America.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

This should be a slam dunk but with the Johnson family I'm never confident.  Will the current beat reporters keep the topic on the front burner until ownership is forced to address the issue?   Will anyone in the national press write a story to address this?  Thanks again for sharing your insight into journalism in America.  

There is freedom of press and opinion. As long as the DN does not slander or cause harm, they can create stories whether they contain truth or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, emesola said:

There is freedom of press and opinion (First Amendment), but there are also ethical standards in journalism. 

Yes exactly and texting a father about his son eating ice cream at a little league game is disgusting and put JDs freedom on the line because as a father myself I'd probably be in prison right now if a man ever texted me about my daughter @ a little league game wtf. 

On a side note who's your favorite Jets Beat Writer and which one do you consider most reliable? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is freedom of press and opinion. As long as the DN does not slander or cause harm, they can create stories whether they contain truth or not. 

Yes, but do the Jets have the right to ensure he never get credentialed?  I personally would like to get the ownership's take on this story.  Will they take steps to prevent this from ever happening again to their employees (Gase & JD)? 

The other half of the story, several female reporters reported inappropriate conduct from Mehta.  I would argue this harmed their career.  Some may have had their mid-level bosses attempt to contact the perpetrator's boss to eliminate said conduct and this was unsuccessful.  The story obviously needs more attention due to the fact the NYDN is still trying to figure out how to bring him back.  As Brandeis offered, "sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes exactly and texting a father about his son eating ice cream at a little league game is disgusting and put JDs freedom on the line because as a father myself I'd probably be in prison right now if a man ever texted me about my daughter @ a little league game wtf. 

On a side note who's your favorite Jets Beat Writer and which one do you consider most reliable? 

The ice cream thing was reported by Carton, not me. FWIW, I was only able to confirm that he “harassed JD’s son at a baseball game”...which is just as bad. Either way, when children are involved (JD’s son is 10)...that’s a huge ethical violation. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...