NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

26 minutes ago, emesola said:

In my first journalism job working for USA Today out of college, I made $35k. I’d imagine you make much more as a veteran journalist in a big media market like NY. 

Capped out making ~$45k. Was not worth the stress/BS for that crappy pay. 

Ok thnx JB way to make me feel better about not chasing my childhood journalism dreams ahhh and yes with Florida steadily increasing in cost of living (much more expensive than early 2000s when we first arrived) 35-45k isn't enough to balance out the stress. And +1 on advancing to EA Sports I have a cousin who works for EA and that's an awesome career makes over 100k and doesn't even feel like a job she's always told me!

PS: If our Jets land Trevor Lawrence please convince your coworkers in production to give TL an awesome rookie rating this way I can become a 35 yo who goes out and buys a PS5 just so I can play with TL and the JETS lol #MakeTheJetsFun4Once

33 minutes ago, emesola said:

In my first journalism job working for USA Today out of college, I made $35k. I’d imagine you make much more as a veteran journalist in a big media market like NY. 

Capped out making ~$45k. Was not worth the stress/BS for that crappy pay. 

The good ones (no commentary on you) develop a multimedia presence and write books. Otherwise, it is tough sledding.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The good ones (no commentary on you) develop a multimedia presence and write books. Otherwise, it is tough sledding.

Oh yeah for sure. A lot of my former colleagues did this. I was just starting out. Did it for 5 years. I sold out for more money (and more fun). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, emesola said:

Oh yeah for sure. A lot of my former colleagues did this. I was just starting out. Did it for 5 years. I sold out for more money (and more fun). 

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I was in journalism myself, but quickly veered  in another direction.

I was a cops and courts reporter for a daily here in northern jersey, after 4.5 years I was making $29k. Went back to facility maintenance. Fixing toilets pays MUCH better 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, emesola said:

Eh it’s okay. I don’t really care. I was all over the video too. 

KFC lost his edge over 7 years ago. Also his moral critique of Manish is laughable given his cheating on his extremely pregnant wife and then cheating again after that. It won’t take long for a troll on that blog to point out his lifting your work. 

16 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

KFC lost his edge over 7 years ago. Also his moral critique of Manish is laughable given his cheating on his extremely pregnant wife and then cheating again after that. It won’t take long for a troll on that blog to point out his lifting your work. 

I know KFC has his transgressions, but he’s actually a friend of mine. It’s honestly not a huge deal. I’m not in sports media anymore. Like I said, have nothing to gain. 

18 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

That’s beyond a head scratcher but to each  their own. 

He never wronged me. No one is perfect. ??‍♀️

Also it should be worth noting if we’re comparing morals, KFC is not a psycho who approached a child at a baseball game and never was accused of harassing women. He never physically assaulted a GM.

He isn’t a bad person. He cheated on his wife. Still messed up, but let’s call a spade a spade. 

13 minutes ago, emesola said:

Confirmed that he’s suspended. 

Keep an eye on the Washington Post tomorrow...

What is not understood is why the suspension now? All that we know that came to light recently was the resignation of MacDonald. That was because of the puppeteering of Mehta. And that does not seem to be a suspendeble event, unless the DN did not know it was going on.

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What is not understood is why the suspension now? All that we know that came to light recently was the resignation of MacDonald. That was because of the puppeteering of Mehta. And that does not seem to be a suspendeble event, unless the DN did not know it was going on.

He’s been suspended. 

1 minute ago, emesola said:

Have you not been reading this thread?

This goes back to the first question I had in this thread today. All the transgressions (stalking JD's kid (allegedly), being unsavory, and strong arming sourcing by threatening unkind stories) were all in the past.

One would have to think that those transgressions were the reason that he had credentials pulled. Once again, all in the past.

So, the question begs, why suspend now? Did the DN not pursue at all why their beat reporter had his access revoked? That makes no sense.

All that was supposedly "new" was the MacDonald puppeteering act. That does not seem grounds for suspension, unless the DN was not aware.

Something seems off.

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This goes back to the first question I had in this thread today. All the transgressions (stalking JD's kid (allegedly), being unsavory, and strong arming sourcing by threatening unkind stories) were all in the past.

One would have to think that those transgressions were the reason that he had credentials pulled. Once again, all in the past.

So, the question begs, why suspend now? Did the DN not pursue at all why their beat reporter had his access revoked? That makes no sense.

All that was supposedly "new" was the MacDonald puppeteering act. That does not seem grounds for suspension, unless the DN was not aware.

Something seems off.

What I'm guessing is going on is that the NYDN is going to be taking some heat from the national media as opposed to just the local media.  This is about to blow up, again, and they're getting ahead of it.  

Similar to the way the NFL didn't give Ray Rice a heavy suspension until the tape became available to the public.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What I'm guessing is going on is that the NYDN is going to be taking some heat from the national media as opposed to just the local media.  This is about to blow up, again, and they're getting ahead of it.  

Similar to the way the NFL didn't give Ray Rice a heavy suspension until the tape became available to the public.  

Sadly, that would make Mehta a patsy in this whole affair. Then the DN would have basically condoned what he did, but then decided to punish him only after it comes to light.

Mehta deserves everything he gets, but the DN would really be low life scums as well.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sadly, that would make Mehta a patsy in this whole affair. Then the DN would have basically condoned what he did, but then decided to punish him only after it comes to light.

Mehta deserves everything he gets, but the DN would really be low life scums as well.

Of this there has been no doubt.  For years this has been the case.  Only now is it being exposed for everyone to see.  

I think whatever the Washington Post is about to release will demonstrate how the NYDN was culpable, and Mehta didn't just go "rogue" without their knowledge.  They all deserve to get burned in this.

• Upvote 4