NY Daily News writer quits over being Manish's puppet and reason for Manish losing credentials exposed.

Jetsbb

1 hour ago, emesola said:

Confirmed that he’s suspended. 

Keep an eye on the Washington Post tomorrow...

Oh snap.

I like your ability to multi-task. 

Having a baby -- check.

Christmas gift drive -- check.

Still breaking stories -- check.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

One of the most endearing aspects of JN is that we can always rib each other and that no one should take themselves too seriously. You have been chief among that nature. 

Nothing here is meant to be cruel. 

Exactly, which is why I only step one when the stated goal has been missed. No big deal, just time to move on.

Plenty to talk about with Manish. Can't wait to see this story tomorrow. This will give us some entertainment through December. Just in time to get the new coach in January.  Good times!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Manish still hasn't tweeted and man he is getting hammered on there. The depths of his unpopularity run deep.

It’s obvious his employer has suspended him and he’s is being told to stay off social media for a period. Manish is not the type to backdown in these situations. He gets off on being controversial. 

There were some pretty damning accusations being made about him and the Daily News could also be liable as well. My guess is they are investigating the situation and Manish is on hold until they finish up.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AtticusGase said:

It’s obvious his employer has suspended him and he’s is being told to stay off social media for a period. Manish is not the type to backdown in these situations. He gets off on being controversial. 

I imagine if he does start tweeting again during suspension, it would have to be under a different handle.  He can't be tweeting from a handle that includes "NYDN" and get away with it.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Manish still hasn't tweeted and man he is getting hammered on there. The depths of his unpopularity run deep.

Being on so much fan related media podcasts, blogs and websites wasn't very astute a move. It just meant when he really screwed up and his own compatriots turned on him...  that public scorn turned to outright hated.  But Mehta doesn't strike me as a very smart guy.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

There's a joke here, but I am not allowed to make it.

I'm your huckleberry.  

Since Manish has a lot of time on his hands at the moment, maybe we can get him on the podcast again?

You know, to get some more info on all of the sources he has and maybe spend the last 2 minutes talking about this silly little scandal thing, if there's time.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm your huckleberry.  

Since Manish has a lot of time on his hands at the moment, maybe we can get him on the podcast again?

You know, to get some more info on all of the sources he has and maybe spend the last 2 minutes talking about this silly little scandal thing, if there's time.

@Scott Dierking

I hate you both lol. I fear I am going to end up having to add a private club for Manish sources haha.  :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Being on so much fan related media podcasts, blogs and websites wasn't very astute a move. It just meant when he really screwed up and his own compatriots turned on him...  that public scorn turned to outright hated.  But Mehta doesn't strike me as a very smart guy.

The only time I ever spoke to him was on JetNation Radio one time. I screened the call and chatted with him for a minute before he went on the air. He was nice to us, but we have a pretty good thing here. We don't ask stuff of people and we don't do stuff for them in return.

Anyhow, it didn't end well for Manish. I always wondered if he was going to be able to parlay all the madness into a gig at BarStool or something like that.  At this point I don't think the next gig for him is in media or sports.

I always thought reporters owned their twitter handle though. Like they would rename it to take out NYDN and keep it. But who knows.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The only time I ever spoke to him was on JetNation Radio one time. I screened the call and chatted with him for a minute before he went on the air. He was nice to us, but we have a pretty good thing here. We don't ask stuff of people and we don't do stuff for them in return.

Anyhow, it didn't end well for Manish. I always wondered if he was going to be able to parlay all the madness into a gig at BarStool or something like that.  At this point I don't think the next gig for him is in media or sports.

I always thought reporters owned their twitter handle though. Like they would rename it to take out NYDN and keep it. But who knows.

I used to listen to Connor Hughes podcast quite a bit.  (Not much any more.  His takes aren't any better than Cimini's or even Glenn's.)  But one thing I noticed was whenever Hughes had to field a topic that was originated from one of Manish's leads... his voice would get louder and more pronounced. 

Not a huge revelation but I always found it kind of funny.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, static14 said:

Wonder what’s holding up the Post article? 

Yeah nothing happened today?
I think Erika is literally having a baby any minute so we might have to wait for an update. Because her priorities are so messed up. lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

When the Redskins/Washington Football Team stories were breaking, there were repeated calls to "watch tomorrow's Post" for the scoop.  I think it took about a week.  They are not so quick over there.

Mostly because of the hatchet job the lawyers seemed to be taking to those stories, limiting what they could say.  Hence why that article wasn't nearly the bombshell it could have been.

Hopefully this time around there aren't many legal ramifications this time around but you never know.  

• Upvote 2

I never even knew he had a FB page but after seeing his Twitter page was removed I only had one last online resort to look into and...

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Journalist/Manish-Mehta-New-York-Daily-News-1637121163166665/

He hasn't posted on his Facebook page since November 28th either ???