Sign in to follow this  
Samtorobby47

High Becton praise in here

He just needs to stay healthy. His technique is still rough but he is completely dominant. When he really learns the NFL version of the position I think Baldy is right and he will be the best LT. I was not a fan of the pick since he was not good at pass protection in college but there must be underlying reasons for that because he is a monster.

• Upvote 3

77 is FUN to watch. Guy consistently does his job and does it well. Choo choo

• Upvote 3

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just waiting for the inevitable"but can he stay on the field" comments from the fans can't be happy.

Haters gonna hate

He'll be protecting Trevor Lawrence's blindside for many of years to come; Becton has been so dominant he's giving me hope for a bright (offensive) future.

He's (already) the most dominant Jet I've witnessed since Darrelle Revis and he's only a rookie; an absolute freak of nature. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

how about that hit Denzel Perriman gave back to Becton around the 2 minute mark 

there's going to be "welcome to the NFL" moments for any rookie

as baldy says sometimes youre the hammer and sometimes youre the nail

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That was a nice use of leverage. 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's only a matter of time before we see Becton blow up a defender like this...

Hopefully JD throws the kitchen sink @ Trent Williams next year and lines up @ RT opposite of Becton; Trevor Lawrence would then have the definition of a clean pocket (Trent is absolutely dominating the league again).  

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah, except I doubt he'd want to repeat that too often during the game, he'd be the worse for it. 

You're the guy that always searches for the negative so that you can feel like the voice of reason.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He just needs to stay healthy. His technique is still rough but he is completely dominant. When he really learns the NFL version of the position I think Baldy is right and he will be the best LT. I was not a fan of the pick since he was not good at pass protection in college but there must be underlying reasons for that because he is a monster.

I'm sure I'd get an argument from others, but if this was not a Tank For Trevor season, I dont think Becton would have had taken any time off.  Especially not for the sniffles...

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

True but 1 moment in how many games/snaps? Guy has dominated the best pass rushers in the league. You watched that whole video and had to find the one negative haha

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

As much pain as this season has given, Becton and Mims have taken away like half of it. I'm over the moon about both of them. Videos like this feel as good as wins, emotionally.

Ahhh... Yes. But best of all.  And *KEY*.  Becton, Mims and Davis are all a sign that the worm has turned for the Jets due to Joe Douglas...

This is actually momentous.  The underlying problem with the Jets has always been Johnson and managerial dysfunction.

It may very well be that those days are over.  If this is the case, and I think it likely, the Jets are going to be competing for a playoff spot next year and the years to come.

It does not matter if Johnson still owns the team if Joe Douglas is a good man.  All he needs is the balls to keep Johnson out of his kitchen and the smarts to pick the right ingredients.  

It looks like that is *exactly* the case now.

Next year JD picks his own HC, a generational talent at QB and applies all the draft capitol he smartly accumulated this season.

0-16 feels real good.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just waiting for the inevitable"but can he stay on the field" comments from the fans can't be happy.

If you like a player injuries do not matter, if you do not like a player the guy is a dog for being injured all the time.

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, except I doubt he'd want to repeat that too often during the game, he'd be the worse for it. 

You're the guy that always searches for the negative so that you can feel like the voice of reason.

He was never negative about the compiler he could do no wrong. As a matter of fact Bit bet me Cumar would end up with more yards then Emmitt Smith..LOL

Becton and Mims are beasts. What a great first two picks of Joe Douglas’ career they are shaping up to be. 

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

17 minutes ago, Drums said:

True but 1 moment in how many games/snaps? Guy has dominated the best pass rushers in the league. You watched that whole video and had to find the one negative haha

this wasn't a negative

it was the in game response to the Pancake Perriman received about a quarter earlier "The avalanche" as baldy calls it 

I've been super happy about Becton since draft night

just saying all rookie OT need to develop 

centers and guards can dominate from day 1 like Mangold and Nelson. Tackles even great ones have to grow into the job 

• Upvote 4

Health is the only concern right now as he's had an issue staying on the field but my dear lord will he be a dominant force in this league if he stays healthy.  

Hes still relatively young so an offseason to work on his craft, learn, train the right way and its crazy to think how good he can be even just next year. 

He's going to get stronger just by getting older and a good NFL offseason, but if he can get his conditioning up a little, lose some weight, and increase his flexibility.  It's possible he's going to be as dominant as we've probably seen a LT be next season.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

He was never negative about the compiler he could do no wrong. As a matter of fact Bit bet me Cumar would end up with more yards then Emmitt Smith..LOL

i dont' remember that bet but i assume i paid you off with some kind of humiliating signature 

i don't win all my bets but I love making them 

but but Tristan Wirfs is rated higher I saw it on some top 10 rookie list

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

@bitonti was screaming for Becton to be drafted during our JN Zoom Meeting; and he's the only Becton draft day supporter who calmed me down from blowing a head gasket after passing on Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb (I'm glad he was right and I was wrong). 

Pump the breaks man, he was simply making a comment about Becton getting drilled. 

• Upvote 1

It's too bad we can't draft Penei Sewell as bookend OTs (obviously we're taking Trevor if we get 1.01).  That would be sick!

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's too bad we can't draft Penei Sewell as bookend OTs (obviously we're taking Trevor if we get 1.01).  That would be sick!

Sure we can.  Draft TL with the first overall pick, trade Darnold and our second 1st rounder to move up and take PS... 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Yep. I just wonder, beyond Becton and Mims who those future core players might be?  I’m sure the jets have their fair share of mid range players but they are still lacking those scary good guys. I am very hopeful that Douglas is going to be filling out a very nice team in short order.

Becton is actually looking so good as pass protection that you don't get to see enough of his ability to 'Hulk Smash' defenders on runs.  But that's got to be the next step in this team's evolution.  Get one or two more guys on that line that can move the pile and let's get back to a balanced offense with a running game that can actually get yards on the ground.  

I suspect that defenders are going to get tired of trying to run through him which is why you saw Bosa and Ingrams trying spin moves.  That's pretty much the only chance they have, and Becton is already pretty good at stopping or at least slowing that down.  This guy has All Pro written all over him if he can continue this trajectory.  Super exciting to watch!

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Yep. I just wonder, beyond Becton and Mims who those future core players might be?  I’m sure the jets have their fair share of mid range players but they are still lacking those scary good guys. I am very hopeful that Douglas is going to be filling out a very nice team in short order.

Quinnen is really coming on now.  Definitely part of the core.  I also like Maye a lot and hope they keep him around.

And I think there are a number of other young players on the defense who look promising but still have something to prove, but chances are a few more of them will develop.  Hewitt, Hall, Fatukasi, Davis...there are pieces in that list.  Just not certain which ones yet. 

The offense is really where we need a big infusion of talent next year.

Just now, nycdan said:

Quinnen is really coming on now.  Definitely part of the core.  I also like Maye a lot and hope they keep him around.

And I think there are a number of other young players on the defense who look promising but still have something to prove, but chances are a few more of them will develop.  Hewitt, Hall, Fatukasi, Davis...there are pieces in that list.  Just not certain which ones yet. 

The offense is really where we need a big infusion of talent next year.

Somehow I forgot about qwill.  I think I was thinking more about the offense. You make a good point. Those guys, besides Maye, are still on their rookie deals and are playing well so there may be more higher echelon guys than shown by their record.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

Somehow I forgot about qwill.  I think I was thinking more about the offense. You make a good point. Those guys, besides Maye, are still on their rookie deals and are playing well so there may be more higher echelon guys than shown by their record.

Believe it or not, 'old man' Maye is on his rookie deal too.  Same draft as Jamal.

Yeah, if we come out of this season with 5-6 young, solid starters on defense, I'll take it.  Still need another CB and at least one legitimate pass rusher, but there are some good pieces on the defense to work with.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would use all of our Jamal Adams trade assets in order to trade up for Sewell ala Seattle's 2021 1st, Seattle's 2022 1st and Seattle's 2021 3rd in order to give Trevor Lawrence A+ Pass Protection @ LT/RT. 

In essence we'd end up trading Jamal Adams for Penei Sewell (straight up) and I believe it'll be 100% worth it because Sewell is the highest rated OT since dating back to Orlando Pace; who went on to become a SB Winning & HOF Franchise LT. 

And it wouldn't be considered trading away our future because Trevor Lawrence would become our future and Becton/Sewell would immediately protect his future (poor Burrow). 

Yes. I know it won't happen however for me it's wishful thinking. 

QB: Trevor Lawrence. 

LT: Penei Sewell

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

WR1: Allen Robinson (FA).

Slot: Jamison Crowder. 

WR2: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Najee Harris (2nd round). 

That, to me; looks like outstanding and A+ offensive building blocks. 

Just a pipe dream of mine but regardless Mekhi Becton is giving me hope for Trevor Lawrence to become successful.