Sign in to follow this  
Samtorobby47

High Becton praise in here

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Believe it or not, 'old man' Maye is on his rookie deal too.  Same draft as Jamal.

Yeah, if we come out of this season with 5-6 young, solid starters on defense, I'll take it.  Still need another CB and at least one legitimate pass rusher, but there are some good pieces on the defense to work with.

I stand corrected.  Somehow I thought this was his fourth year.  I must’ve confused it with the talk about getting him re-signed before next season.

the only niggling concern is the health/availablity/injuries to date...    good thing there is no HISTORY of this. (as opposed to Cashman, eg)

sofar he be looking gooood!!

suit looking good GIF by JCPenney 

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I stand corrected.  Somehow I thought this was his fourth year.  I must’ve confused it with the talk about getting him re-signed before next season.

Yeah.  2nd rounder so no 5th year option.  They really should re-sign him.  It's not like we are overflowing with talent at Safety right now.  In fact, I think we only have 3 on the roster and Maye is a player.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

As much pain as this season has given, Becton and Mims have taken away like half of it. I'm over the moon about both of them. Videos like this feel as good as losses, emotionally.

FTFY

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@bitonti was screaming for Becton to be drafted during our JN Zoom Meeting; and he's the only Becton draft day supporter who calmed me down from blowing a head gasket after passing on Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb (I'm glad he was right and I was wrong). 

Pump the breaks man, he was simply making a comment about Becton getting drilled. 

i was screaming too lol 

by the way both jeudy and lamb are turning into great pros

lamb had a ridiculous back corner EZ grab last week - those are both good players 

becton just a special prospect with a chance to be great 

as for the other stuff I appreciate the eyewitness account but over time i'm learning that being right has to be its own reward

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Believe it or not, 'old man' Maye is on his rookie deal too. 

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

besides Maye 

Marcus Maye had a ridiculously bad missed tackle this week on the Mike Williams TD Q2

it was atrocious - he tackled his own man 

Here's a counter argument... don't pay Maye. 

he's a decent player but flawed

and at 27 the Jets should just draft Ashytn Davis part II and reload rather than resign Maye 

Capture.PNG

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i was screaming too lol 

by the way both jeudy and lamb are turning into great pros

lamb had a ridiculous back corner EZ grab last week - those are both good players 

becton just a special prospect with a chance to be great 

as for the other stuff I appreciate the eyewitness account but over time i'm learning that being right has to be its own reward

Marcus Maye had a ridiculously bad missed tackle this week on the Mike Williams TD Q2

it was atrocious - he tackled his own man 

Here's a counter argument... don't pay Maye. 

he's a decent player but flawed

and at 27 the Jets should just draft Ashytn Davis part II and reload rather than resign Maye 

Capture.PNG

Please don't remind me of Marcus Maye. A Free Safety who has 0 ball hawking ability and a player we passed on Dalvin Cook (one of my top 5 favorite FSU Players of All-Time); only to see him selected two picks later to Minnesota. 

My Jamal Adams fandom aside imagine if we had an offensive QB/RB duo of Mahomes/Watson and Dalvin Cook right now?

But yes life goes on and an offensive duo of Lawrence/Becton sounds pretty exciting to me right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

As much pain as this season has given, Becton and Mims have taken away like half of it. I'm over the moon about both of them. Videos like this feel as good as wins, emotionally.

Well cause they were 2 critical positions we need filled in a big way and seems like they were. Davis at S looks good as well and maybe CB Hall becomes a keeper also.  Rest others than the punter may still be backups/role player for a while like RB Perine, OLB Zuniga, etc. who have played. QB Morgan and OL Clark have not taken a snap yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's only a matter of time before we see Becton blow up a defender like this...

Hopefully JD throws the kitchen sink @ Trent Williams next year and lines up @ RT opposite of Becton; Trevor Lawrence would then have the definition of a clean pocket (Trent is absolutely dominating the league again).  

I hope not. Build through the draft. Pay/reward our own players. Only add free agents as placeholders or the "finishing piece" to a championship caliber team.

I would use all of our Jamal Adams trade assets in order to trade up for Sewell ala Seattle's 2021 1st, Seattle's 2022 1st and Seattle's 2021 3rd in order to give Trevor Lawrence A+ Pass Protection @ LT/RT. 

In essence we'd end up trading Jamal Adams for Penei Sewell (straight up) and I believe it'll be 100% worth it because Sewell is the highest rated OT since dating back to Orlando Pace; who went on to become a SB Winning & HOF Franchise LT. 

And it wouldn't be considered trading away our future because Trevor Lawrence would become our future and Becton/Sewell would immediately protect his future (poor Burrow). 

Yes. I know it won't happen however for me it's wishful thinking. 

QB: Trevor Lawrence. 

LT: Penei Sewell

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

WR1: Allen Robinson (FA).

Slot: Jamison Crowder. 

WR2: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Najee Harris (2nd round). 

That, to me; looks like outstanding and A+ offensive building blocks. 

Just a pipe dream of mine but regardless Mekhi Becton is giving me hope for Trevor Lawrence to become successful. 

Only issue is I dont see them moving Becton from LT

• Upvote 1

We should resign Maye to a monster contract ... just to upset Jamal Adams.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

I would use all of our Jamal Adams trade assets in order to trade up for Sewell ala Seattle's 2021 1st, Seattle's 2022 1st and Seattle's 2021 3rd in order to give Trevor Lawrence A+ Pass Protection @ LT/RT. 

In essence we'd end up trading Jamal Adams for Penei Sewell (straight up) and I believe it'll be 100% worth it because Sewell is the highest rated OT since dating back to Orlando Pace; who went on to become a SB Winning & HOF Franchise LT. 

And it wouldn't be considered trading away our future because Trevor Lawrence would become our future and Becton/Sewell would immediately protect his future (poor Burrow). 

Just a pipe dream of mine but regardless Mekhi Becton is giving me hope for Trevor Lawrence to become successful. 

Nice dream.  No way to get TL and Sewell.  Sewell will go in the top 5-7

• Upvote 1

You're absolutely insane if you think the concept of moving Becton to RT would ever occur to the Jets. They have an elite LT right now. They're not going to mess with that

• Upvote 2

Please don't remind me of Marcus Maye. A Free Safety who has 0 ball hawking ability and a player we passed on Dalvin Cook (one of my top 5 favorite FSU Players of All-Time); only to see him selected two picks later to Minnesota. 

My Jamal Adams fandom aside imagine if we had an offensive QB/RB duo of Mahomes/Watson and Dalvin Cook right now?

But yes life goes on and an offensive duo of Lawrence/Becton sounds pretty exciting to me right now. 

Mahomes and anyone would be fine by me.  But if we can't have Mahomes (and we can't), then maybe things will work out for the best if we end up getting Trevor (assuming he's all he's cracked up to be).  As we all know, the NFL is all about the QB.  Obviously we have to protect our QB and give him weapons but getting a generational QB (again, if Trevor lives up to billing) would be a franchise-changer.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

You're absolutely insane if you think the concept of moving Becton to RT would ever occur to the Jets. They have an elite LT right now. They're not going to mess with that

I've seen at least a handful of people suggesting this now. Seems weird so many are thirsty to move a guy who is a dominant LT as rookie to RT. 

• Like 1