Thanksgiving Eve/Thanksgiving thread

JTJet

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Logan Thomas has fashioned himself a nice little career after becoming a TE.

He should’ve always been a TE

He was the #1 TE recruit in the country coming out of HS but then Frank Beamer decided to stick him at QB because he had a big arm.

Always pissed me off as a big Hokies fan

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Logan Thomas has fashioned himself a nice little career after becoming a TE.

Just now, Untouchable said:

He should’ve always been a TE

He was the #1 TE recruit in the country coming out of HS but then Frank Beamer decided to stick him at QB because he had a big arm.

Always pissed me off as a big Hokies fan

I remember an old JI mock draft we did where the guy drafting for the Jets picked him.  He took so much abuse, he left the draft.  Kept insisting he picked him as a TE.  But people jsut wouldn't let up, killing the guy for the wasted pick.  He was the guy running the draft.  RobR and I jumped in to keep the thing going, and somehow I have been stuck moderating drafts ever since.  Some years on two sites at the same time.  Still don't know how I managed to keep my job through a couple of those simultaneous draft years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

I remember an old JI mock draft we did where the guy drafting for the Jets picked him.  He took so much abuse, he left the draft.  Kept insisting he picked him as a TE.  But people jsut wouldn't let up, killing the guy for the wasted pick.  He was the guy running the draft.  RobR and I jumped in to keep the thing going, and somehow I have been stuck moderating drafts ever since.  Some years on two sites at the same time.  Still don't know how I managed to keep my job through a couple of those simultaneous draft years.

Get back pay!

Dallas Cowboys of the 90s definitely laid out the blueprint for me as a kid on how to build more like dream an elite juggernaut offense. 

A trio of 1st round picks at skilled player position(s) @ QB/RB/WR in Troy Aikman (1st overall), Emmit Smith (17th overall) and Michael Irvin (11th overall); and behind a mean offensive line. 

My mom got me a Super Nintendo. For Christmas. 1992. I was 7 years old playing Madden 92 with John Madden on the cover and i still remember playing with the Cowboys and they didn't yet have player names just the numbers #8 #22 #88 damn even as a kid I knew my Jets never had a good offense to have fun with on Madden (my username explains it all) lol 

If the Jets get get Trevor Lawrence with Mims and Becton already in place I'm going to @ 35 years old get me a PS5 just so I can finally have fun playing with THE JETS ?

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

At what point does the talk about Dallas switch from coaches that under perform with "all that talent" to maybe some of their dudes aren't quite as talented as they are recognizable names?

Okay, Dak went down.  But they sucked when he was playing.  Biggest head scratcher for me is Zeke Elliott.  He looks like he's either done or has lost interest in the game.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lamar Jackson has COVID. 

Reigning MVP Lamar Jackson has tested positive for COVID-19, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday, per informed sources.

The star quarterback joins a growing list of Ravens players that have been added to the team's reserve/COVID-19 list.

Baltimore is set to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday in a game that was originally scheduled to take place on Thanksgiving.

Please describe this frying bit, do you mean deep fry in oil?
As someone that has done both for years . I will concur there is higher degree if success deep frying. It tastes unbelievably moist and tasty. BUT even roasting can taste amazing as well and has the benefit of smelling up your house for days ... in a great way. My slight preference goes to deep fry in peanut oil.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

The Red BB Gun sinking McCarthy's career. It wasn't looking good even when Prescott was healthy, but it's gone south in a huge way since Prescott was injured. It'll be an interesting off-season in Dallas, for sure. Do they offer Prescott a contract without knowing whether he's going to ever be the same again?

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Mims is better than Cee Dee that is all...

I was a Jerry Jeudy guy heading into the game and I'm super excited for Denzel Mims now but I absolutely love CeeDee Lamb and still do too and as a rookie and throughout only 11 games (9 starts) he's already recorded 48 receptions for 629 receiving yards and 4 TD receptions (on pace for 70 receptions, 915 receiving yards and 6 TD receptions) and for just a rookie that's damn impressive.

He's already had 1 game of 50+ yards, 2 games of 60+ yards, 1 game of 70+ yards and 2 games of 100+ receiving yard performances (106 & 124).

I'm not yet at the point of.being ready to claim who's better than who because all I really know is that this 2020's Rookie WR draft class throughout the first 2 rounds (no specific order) with Jeudy, Lamb, Claypool, Jefferson, Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk and Ruggs have looked just as good if not even better than 2014's legendary WR draft class of 2014's rookie season (no specific order) in Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews (great first 3 years) and Kelvin Benjamin (awesome rookie season); it's an A+ draft class and I'm just glad we stole Denzel Mims out of it. 

what's scary is that 2021's WR draft class is fully loaded with A+ talent @ WR to potentially become the best one yet with (no specific order) in Ja'Marr Chase (LSU), Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU), TE Kyle Pitts (Florida), TE Pat Freiermuth (Penn State), Devonta Smith (Alabama), Jaylen Waddle (Alabama), Chris Olave (Ohio State), Rondale Moore (Purdue), Rashod Bateman (Minnesota) and Tamorrion Terry (FSU) etc I'm already head over heels for this WR draft class it's disgusting and I'm 100% confident we're going to walk away with one of them throughout the first one/two/three rounds.