Sounds like Darnold starts on Sunday

GreekJet

On 11/25/2020 at 4:57 PM, NamathToCaster said:

I am surprised he is starting.  It will be interesting to see if Sam can get through this game without injury.  I sure hope he knows what he is doing.  He doesn't need to mess up his shoulder permanently. I guess he needs to show the rest of the league what he is capable of for trade purposes or are the Jets still evaluating him to make a decision about QB situation.  Sam looks miserable 

image.png.df47a761dec862fd8389821bc4b31e99.png

I’m kind of surprised too unless he’s not injured.  I’ve been thinking about the jets QBs situation and how the Morgan pick is being maligned.  It could be that Douglas didn’t project a 0-16 season and so drafted Morgan to sit for a season while still having darnold for next season. If darnold turned out to be good enough then Morgan sits or gets traded or launched. If darnold fails then at least there’s another QBs in the pipeline to develop and put in.  Obviously all bets are off if they finish with the top pick and have a chance at drafting Lawrence.  The downside to darnold playing is they might finish with a win or two and be out of the QBs running.  Then they’ll have to build out other aspects of the team.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:57 PM, NamathToCaster said:

I am surprised he is starting.  It will be interesting to see if Sam can get through this game without injury.  I sure hope he knows what he is doing.  He doesn't need to mess up his shoulder permanently. I guess he needs to show the rest of the league what he is capable of for trade purposes or are the Jets still evaluating him to make a decision about QB situation.  Sam looks miserable 

image.png.df47a761dec862fd8389821bc4b31e99.png

the guy has to play ( if he's not seriously injured of course) 

His career is on the line. He's either a starter or another Marriota. It's in his hands.,

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

the guy has to play ( if he's not seriously injured of course) 

His career is on the line. He's either a starter or another Marriota. It's in his hands.,

That’s a fairly good comp right now. 

We want Darnold to play well for a variety of reasons but, of course the Jets need to lose the game.

The Jets will either be trading him or building around him come March.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We want Darnold to play well for a variety of reasons but, of course the Jets need to lose the game.

I cannot see the Jets in any scenario in which they obtain the top overall pick in the 2021 draft and pass on Trevor Lawrence...Joe Douglas is going to trade Sam Darnold and draft his own quarterback to build around. Even if he drafted Darnold I believe he'd take Lawrence and trade Darnold like Steve Keim traded Josh Rosen and drafted Kyler Murray. It’s futile to keep a mistake in the building, especially one Douglas didn't draft. I'll take it a step further, if the Jets don't land the top overall pick they'll still move on from Darnold this coming off-season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I cannot see the Jets in any scenario in which they obtain the top overall pick in the 2021 draft and pass on Trevor Lawrence...Joe Douglas is going to trade Sam Darnold and draft his own quarterback to build around. Even if he drafted Darnold I believe he'd take Lawrence and trade Darnold like Steve Keim traded Josh Rosen and drafted Kyler Murray. It’s futile to keep a mistake in the building, especially one Douglas didn't draft. I'll take it a step further, if the Jets don't land the top overall pick they'll still move on from Darnold this coming off-season.

But it the Jets don't have a top pick they'll be forced to either:

1. Trade up (which I don't want them to do)

2. Build around Darnold and likely even trade down to get more picks.

Thus, the Jets are either trading him if they draft Lawrence or building around him if they can't upgrade to Lawrence (or Fields) at the QB spot.  In either scenario we want Sam Darnold to play well and for the Jets to lose the game.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:50 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Thank Goodness!

It is about time Sam wins us three or four MEANINGLESS games and saves Gase's Job!!!

Benny GIFs | Tenor

Benny Hill is one of the most overlooked and under appreciated comedic personalities of all time.  I feel like today's youth does get some throwback introductions by guys like me to people like Bill Murray, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield, etc.  but Benny Hill was such a unique character.  I think we need to find a way to reintroduce him and bring him to the current generation.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Benny Hill is one of the most overlooked and under appreciated comedic personalities of all time.  I feel like today's youth does get some throwback introductions by guys like me to people like Bill Murray, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield, etc.  but Benny Hill was such a unique character.  I think we need to find a way to reintroduce him and bring him to the current generation.

The current generation thinks that Kevin Hart and Rebel Wilson are funny.

There’s zero hope for that

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I love Benny Hill!

I have the entire collection of the Benny Hill Show! 

Unfortunately, in the current political climate Hill would be banned for being to this or that, hence I do little droplets like his face and those that know him know how much those faces he makes really really mean.

Here is a taste...

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:35 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are we going to see more of where this came from...

???

Yup (I knew it was coming too). 

16/27 (59.2%), 197 yards, 0 TD's/2 INT's; QB Rating of 51.0 (atrocious). 

But, but, but "he had all 3 WRs".

Sam Darnold is not only the worst starting NFL QB within the entire league and it's not even close, but he's also worse than mostly every career backup too; he's an absolute bust of a turnover prone QB and absolute INT machine. 

He STINKS!

On 11/27/2020 at 9:48 AM, jetstream23 said:

He's worse than Mariota