Becton and Mann - AFC ProBowl leaders

IndianaJet

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I too am completely missing something on Mann.  Maybe the analysis is more nuanced than what I've seen but he ranks in the bottom 5 of the NFL in many punting categories including net yards, punts inside the 20, etc.  This is from a couple weeks ago.

Mann.thumb.png.8dbbb8dddbfbf200b958f3f37e2c526d.png

people voting for him cos his leg hasnt fallen off?

so far he is poor

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Conspiracy theory question - Does Braden Mann have any compensation tied to making the Pro Bowl?  Would he get bonuses or cost the Jets more cap space, or was there any kind of trade involved in his pick that changes the value of another draft pick because of being named to the Pro Bowl.

This isn't as outlandish a question as it may seem.  There have been rumors about Yannick Ngokue along the same lines recently.

NFL fans are just trolling us and making fun of us by voting for our punter (only because we punt more than any other team). 

But Becton's votes are real deal. NFL fans have never seen him perform at a level that's anything other than absolute dominant; fans of the 49ers and Chargers will all vote for him after witnessing Becton shut down both the Bosa brothers. 

I've said it once before but he's the most dominant Jet I've watched since #24 Darrelle Revis. 

He's an exciting Franchise LT (already) and Football fans around the league want to see this rookie perform during the NFL's All-Star game and I'm absolutely loving it. 

I'm about to vote for him now. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TheClashFan said:

You guys are totally forgetting about Mann's tackling. He's probably the best tackling punter out there (a job requirement with the Jets)!

He's raised the position to a new level.  Sort of a P/LB hybrid.

:-)

Yup definitely the best tacking punter in te NFL by a long shot 

Punters making punts doesn't get any attention.

Punters making tackles - and good hard hits at that - gets highlight reel coverage and media attention. That translates to Pro Bowl fan votes.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the voting goes, that looks more at actual performance than popularity / splash plays.