TeddEY

Deandre Hopkins on Thanksgiving

I really wonder how that whole trade went down because I simply do not believe Hopkins was offered around the league and what they got was the best offer on the table.

On top of the awful awful hopkins trade, the Tunsil deal.  The Texans let Duane Brown a perfectly serviceable LT walk and then trade for Tunsil in this awful trade:

"We have acquired a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 second-round pick, CB Johnson Bademosi and T Julien Davenport from the Texans in exchange for T Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick."

• Upvote 2

Watson is so good. I think Houston might legit have as bad a roster as the Jets and the only difference is him. How the **** do you trade a guy like Hopkins when the rest of the team is this bad. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Watson is so good. I think Houston might legit have as bad a roster as the Jets and the only difference is him. How the **** do you trade a guy like Hopkins when the rest of the team is this bad. 

Feelings? 

Doesn't Deandre have that backwards.  Wasn't it the Texans that traded him for a 2nd rounder.  He should be thanking Bill O'Brien.

• Upvote 2

I still can't believe we passed on drafting Watson for Adams because we drafted Hackenberg with a 2nd rounder? Idiots.

Where would we be with Watson & those picks we traded to move up to 3 with Indy? Amazing how under control Watson is & his presence in the pocket is just fantastic.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ja MOWF Adams.

smh GIF

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

On top of the awful awful hopkins trade, the Tunsil deal.  The Texans let Duane Brown a perfectly serviceable LT walk and then trade for Tunsil in this awful trade:

"We have acquired a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 second-round pick, from the Texans in exchange for T Laremy Tunsil

I knew they gave up a lot of draft capital for Laremy Tunsil but I didn't remember they gave them THAT MUCH for Tunsil. Wow. 

Makes me feel so good just knowing that we never had give up anything except our own 1st round pick for a true Franchise LT in Mekhi Becton (Houston got destroyed while Miami absolutely fleeced them). 

Poor Watson. Not only did his Houston front office steal away his #1 and top 5 NFL WR in Hopkins away from him but they tried to steal away his future too (won't even have a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder this up coming draft either).

Wow. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I still can't believe we passed on drafting Watson for Adams because we drafted Hackenberg with a 2nd rounder? Idiots.

Where would we be with Watson & those picks we traded to move up to 3 with Indy? Amazing how under control Watson is & his presence in the pocket is just fantastic.

If you're going to play the 'what if' game you might as well pick the better quarterback we passed on.

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

If you're going to play the 'what if' game you might as well pick the better quarterback we passed on.

Many, many,many Jet fans here wanted Watson. Mahomes surpassed all expectations. 

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I really wonder how that whole trade went down because I simply do not believe Hopkins was offered around the league and what they got was the best offer on the table.

"We have acquired a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 second-round pick, CB Johnson Bademosi and T Julien Davenport from the Texans in exchange for T Laremy Tunsil, WR Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick."

Yep. They have no 1st or 2nd this year. No one and I mean NO ONE outside of a FQB is worth that haul. 

Well ... and Jamal Adams of course. 

• Upvote 2