Forfeit?

Dcat

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Welcome to the new NFL (sports/life) as we've never known it to be before; it's here to stay..

We might as well get used to it too because unfortunately I don't see Covid going anywhere anytime soon and I'm imagining it's going to be here (worldwide) forever. 

61,828,058 covid cases worldwide and effecting 218 Countries worldwide? And we're thinking Football in 2021 will once again be normal again? I hope I'm wrong but I feel like this will become our "new norm" moving forward...

So, how many weeks left  in the season? 

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Welcome to the new NFL (sports/life) as we've never known it to be before; it's here to stay..

We might as well get used to it too because unfortunately I don't see Covid going anywhere anytime soon and I'm imagining it's going to be here (worldwide) forever. 

61,828,058 covid cases worldwide and effecting 218 Countries worldwide? And we're thinking Football in 2021 will once again be normal again? I hope I'm wrong but I feel like this will become our "new norm" moving forward...

Polio will probably be causing disruptions too.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There is a club setup for Covid discussion for those that want to opt in. These conversations ended up with people fighting a lot earlier this year. So we ask that any actual Covid thoughts be limited to the opt-in club. A lot of people expressed that come here to not think \ read about Covid as much as is possible. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There is a club setup for Covid discussion for those that want to opt in. These conversations ended up with people fighting a lot earlier this year. So we ask that any actual Covid thoughts be limited to the opt-in club. A lot of people expressed that come here to not think \ read about Covid as much as is possible. Thanks.

And this thread was created because of Baltimore possibly having to forfeit a game because of COVID but then as fans we're not supposed to discuss it?

Kind of hypocritical especially considering the fact that I'm not the one who created this Covid related thread...

because (as a Football fan) it's kind of impossible to not talk about covid within a thread that was created due to an NFL team potentially having to forfeit a game because of it. 

But other than that, yes, I understand where you're coming from. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Was talking about this with a Steelers fan early today @Big Ben. I know it has already been discussed in this thread. But I don't see forfeits happening. Dangerous precedent. Because the Jets could say they had an outbreak and just skip the rest of the season.  :)

The Jets have been in an outbreak for the last decade.  The outbreak of rampant stupidity in the front office is a lot harder to remove than Covid-19. It just spreads from one regime to the other, and the Johnsons are the "Typhoid Mary's" at the root of it all.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And this thread was created because of Baltimore possibly having to forfeit a game because of COVID but then as fans we're not supposed to discuss it?

Kind of hypocritical especially considering the fact that I'm not the one who created this Covid related thread...

because (as a Football fan) it's kind of impossible to not talk about covid within a thread that was created due to an NFL team potentially having to forfeit a game because of it. 

But other than that, yes, I understand where you're coming from. 

This might be the first post I have seen by you that didn’t include a statistic of some sort!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

Does anyone think that the NFL will call a forfeit on Baltimore this week?  I am reading multiple suggestions of this happening.

The Ravens strength and conditioning coach broke protocol and there is a fair amount of suspicion that he caused this massive outbreak on the Ravens.  

Is this one more step to Steelers 16-0 by giving them a pair of bye weeks and a win against their toughest opponent.. ?

The ‘72 Dolphins and the 2007 Pats would go ape sh*t over that one. 

So where’s the problem?  If the team can’t handle their problems then they must suffer.  So Jackson has the virus.  Sit him down and move on.  Next man up.  It would be the same as if he sprained an ankle or some other short term injury.  Remember when teams only had 40 players? If they can field a team they must play. And if they get blown out because a few players broke the rules then that’s just tough luck.  No team gets a pass if their QBs goes down.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:42 PM, Maxman said:

I'll opt into the club. 

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You got Gooched! 

I was just gonna say, yep, got downvoted by the neighborhood outdoor planter pisser. I just became fully privy to this about a week ago. The more passive/aggressive types cut down your peonies and zinnias in the dead of night, and of course they use them for cut flower arrangements. They even stick the vase in their window for extra emphasis.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The fantasy tab above the bulleted news items is very appropriate considering a lot of people seem to have been fantasizing about the "dam bursting" all season. 

Winter is here this was always when the true risk to the season was.  Dam bursting talk was a but silly in September, not so much now. The media isnt cooperating by contining to lie which will add to pressure fo take action.

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

Does anyone think that the NFL will call a forfeit on Baltimore this week?  I am reading multiple suggestions of this happening.

The Ravens strength and conditioning coach broke protocol and there is a fair amount of suspicion that he caused this massive outbreak on the Ravens.  

Is this one more step to Steelers 16-0 by giving them a pair of bye weeks and a win against their toughest opponent.. ?

I hope to God the Steelers go 16-0 and win the SB just too bad Cheat Shula was not around to see it as I throw a ******* scolding hot pie in his ******* face along with that Idiot Nick Buoniconti

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:42 PM, Maxman said:

Whats COVID?