College Football Games Thread

kdels62

I don’t know if anyone is watching or around but some interesting games and good prospects are playing today.

Nebraska v. Iowa - Tyler Linderbaum the future Jets all-pro center is up, so is dynamic playmaker Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Texas v Iowa State - Joseph Ossai future Jets EDGE stud leads his defense against future Jets head coach Matt Campbell

Also Notre Dame and UNC have good players.

• Upvote 1

I'm an FSU fan but I remember as a kid 7-8 years old I loved them because the movie Rudy. I've always rooted for Notre Dame ever since a kid and think it's awesome how they joined our ACC Conference. 

I can't wait for FSU to retutn back to the top 25 but right now with Clemson. Notre Dame. Miami and UNC we have the most exciting Conference outside of only the SEC even teams like NC State and Boston College are competitive. 

UNC might upset Notre Dame today their offense when clicking is scary good. 

The ending of the Iowa game is what bugs me about college football. Nebraska player gets slammed awkwardly and is injured. The next play there’s a turnover and the commentators are all talking about football as if the last thing that happened to an unpaid 21 year old didn’t happen.

• Upvote 1

I'm so excited to see Trevor Lawrence @ 3:30 come tomorrow vs. Pittsburgh. 

It's been over 1 month since we've last seen him play (10/24) due to A.) Two weeks of Covid. B.) Clemson's bye week and C.) FSU's cancelled game last week. 

But let's not forget where he left off...

6-0 overall (.100%), 135/191 (70.7%), 1,833 passing yards, 17 TD's/2 INT's, 4 rushing TD's and a QB Rating of 178.6. 

My favorite Trevor Lawrence performance this year was against the (now) 7-1 and 10th ranked Miami Hurricanes where he went 29/41 (70.7%), 292 Passing Yards, 3 TDs/0 INTs along with 34 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD and a QB Rating of 154.7 (Miami would be top 5 and undefeated if not for having to run into Trevor Lawrence). 

This will be an immediate test for Trevor Lawrence while returning and one I'm looking forward to because after 8 games Pittsburgh's defense ranks 8th in the Country in Defense (and 4th in INTs recorded). 

• Upvote 1

What utterly atrocious reffing at the end of the oregon/oregon state game.

Just a blatant offsides by oregon defense totally ignored. 

Oregon State wins, say goodbye to Oregon re any nat champ playoffs

starter gets hurt for orgeron state, backup's 1st snap ever is a 4th down rushing td.

Wow Ohio State's game tomorrow is cancelled. 

Unfortunately I don't think they'll have enough games played to be eligible for the 4 team playoffs. 

Which would stink because I really want to see another Clemson/Ohio State and Lawrence vs. Fields 2019 postseason rematch. 

Alabama. 

Clemson.

Notre Dame. 

Ohio State.

Are the 4 teams who I really want to see come the playoffs but unfortunately because of Covid I don't think it'll happen (a lesser team like Texas A&M/Gators/Cincinnati will sneak in instead). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Unfortunately I don't think they'll have enough games played to be eligible for the 4 team playoffs. 

Which would stink because I really want to see another Clemson/Ohio State and Lawrence vs. Fields 2019 postseason rematch. 

Alabama. 

Clemson.

Notre Dame. 

Ohio State.

Are the 4 teams who I really want to see come the playoffs but unfortunately because of Covid I don't think it'll happen (a lesser team like Texas A&M/Gators/Cincinnati will sneak in instead). 

Yeah that will be terrible if ohio state does not make it in.  I put a lot of stock in these playoffs being able to compare players playing teams with the same talent level.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Alabama. 

Clemson.

Notre Dame. 

Ohio State.

The committee can still put Ohio State in if they want (I believe). OSU would likely not be eligible for the Big Ten championship game. 

At the end of the day the committee will likely be choosing between a second SEC team, Cincinnati, and Ohio State. 

If Northwestern wins out they would have a legit argument, but I don’t think they have enough firepower on offense to not trip up down the stretch or in the championship game.

It's been over 1 month since we've last seen him play (10/24) due to A.) Two weeks of Covid. B.) Clemson's bye week and C.) FSU's cancelled game last week. 
6-0 overall (.100%), 135/191 (70.7%), 1,833 passing yards, 17 TD's/2 INT's, 4 rushing TD's and a QB Rating of 178.6. 
My favorite Trevor Lawrence performance this year was against the (now) 7-1 and 10th ranked Miami Hurricanes where he went 29/41 (70.7%), 292 Passing Yards, 3 TDs/0 INTs along with 34 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD and a QB Rating of 154.7 (Miami would be top 5 and undefeated if not for having to run into Trevor Lawrence). 
[/url] This will be an immediate test for Trevor Lawrence while returning and one I'm looking forward to because after 8 games Pittsburgh's defense ranks 8th in the Country in Defense (and 4th in INTs recorded). 

Gase is SALIVATING at the first minute of that game tape.
All screens, baby. All screens.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This will be an immediate test for Trevor Lawrence while returning and one I'm looking forward to because after 8 games Pittsburgh's defense ranks 8th in the Country in Defense (and 4th in INTs recorded). 

It will be interesting to see the gameplan Tony Elliot chooses today.  Aside from an ok Pitt defense, Clemson will be without their top 2 WRs in Frank Ladson and Joseph Ngata.   Excited to see true freshman EJ Williams get some regular reps though.  My guess is that Elliott will lean heavily on Etienne and Amari Rodgers today.  Plus Clemson’s O-line is still a work in progress, they’re not very good.  

• Upvote 1