Sign in to follow this  
UnknownJetFan

Pick up WR Stills for a 5 game trial?.

No.  He would make the team better down the stretch.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Why, so he can spend 5 weeks trying to catch inaccurate/underthrown deep balls over 2 converging defenders, praying Darnold gets nicked up again so Flacco can enter the game?

• Haha 1

Now if we pick him up, and then he signs elsewhere, does that factor into our calculation for compensation picks? I presume he will make enough for the threshold. Just curious.

Other than that, no interest at all lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Now if we pick him up, and then he signs elsewhere, does that factor into our calculation for compensation picks? I presume he will make enough for the threshold. Just curious.

Other than that, no interest at all lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm pretty confident that we are bringing in a lot more talent than we are losing this upcoming off-season.  So I doubt we will even sniff a comp pick no matter what we do.

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Is it worth picking up WR Kenny Stills for a 5 game trial?. It will cost close to 7M though, for 5 games since he could not play this weekend. Not sure it's worth it, but we have highest waiver claim so nobody to compete with to get him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/27/texans-will-cut-kenny-stills/

$7M is his annual salary.  It would be pro-rated if picked up on waivers, so it would cost ~$2.2M.  I don't see the point.  Would take him some time to learn the offense, develop some chemistry with Darnold.  Not sure what his realationship with Gase was when he was in MIami, but I don't see the point.

The only Jet WR who should be getting a 6 game trial is none other than Denzel Mims (he's an absolute animal of a WR). 

He's 6'3 200+ lbs and runs an insane 4.38 40 with amazing hands (led the entire Country in catches in traffic last year @ Baylor). 

KC was without Sammy Watkins last week and what does Mahomes decide to do? He targets Kelce 10x (8 receptions) and targeted Tyreek Hill 14x (11 receptions). 

Denzel Mims needs to become targeted more than he's been throughout our next 6 games.

• Upvote 3

Nah. 

We have Mims and Perriman on the outside. I'd rather focus on giving Perriman the opportunity to show if he can be part of our team going forward instead of Stills. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I would not like to do this

How could this possibly affect the Titans?

confused ryan reynolds GIF

• Upvote 2

Kenny Stills has been in the league for 8 years.  No need for a trial run.  Any team that signs him should have a pretty exact idea of what they are getting.

As far as that team being the Jets, no.

• Upvote 2

There's nothing special with Stills:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16016/kenny-stills

If the team was doing anything and Gase was coming back, maybe.
But neither of those things are true, we need to add a big time
WR in free agency like Robinson, Smith-Schuster or Godwin.  A
true #1 WR with Mims, Crowder and Perriman is what Douglas
should be looking for

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

bet he just can't wait to hitch his wagon to this rising team either...

Like the morbidly fat chick thinking she look good in yoga pants. 

• Haha 3

Kenny Stills is not a good football player.... He's been a bottom of my bench player on my dynasty team for 5+ years. He's an annoying underperformer.

That's a hard no for me.

17 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Nah. 

We have Mims and Perriman on the outside. I'd rather focus on giving Perriman the opportunity to show if he can be part of our team going forward instead of Stills. 

I'm still   ????aboutCager and Smyth

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The only Jet WR who should be getting a 6 game trial is none other than Denzel Mims (he's an absolute animal of a WR). 

He's 6'3 200+ lbs and runs an insane 4.38 40 with amazing hands (led the entire Country in catches in traffic last year @ Baylor). 

KC was without Sammy Watkins last week and what does Mahomes decide to do? He targets Kelce 10x (8 receptions) and targeted Tyreek Hill 14x (11 receptions). 

Denzel Mims needs to become targeted more than he's been throughout our next 6 games.

Would not mind Cager coming up again from PS to see him play some more.