I’m scared Darnold will cost us the tank

12 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He’ll pull out a good game or two and it’ll cost us the #1 spot. 
There’s no way this will go how we all want it to.   

The only hope we have is that the defense continues to give up a ton of points. BUT, Fitzpatrick seems to be at the bad end of cycle so this could be bad. 

Cost us the tank? He's an integral part of the tank. He just doesn't know it.

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not sold on Trevor.  I mean sure I'd love picking a fresh new "once in a generation" QB, but oddly I feel like I hear that there's this amazing QB in the draft every year or two.
If Sam plays well with these 3 WRs...  awesome!  In fact I'd prefer that.  Use our first round pick to continue to build around him.  Maybe take another great Tackle and build a great oline?
If Sam sucks the rest of the year and we end up with a top 2 pick, then fine, take a QB.
But I'm still rooting for Sam.

Prepare for incoming

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 4

Neither guy has been good, but Flacco has been by far the better QB:

• Completion Percent.  Darnold 58.6%, Flacco 55.2.  Advantage Darnold.
  • TD %.  Darnold 1.6%, Flacco 4.5%.  Advantage Flacco
  • Int % .  Darnold 3.1%, Flacco 2.2%. Advantage Flacco
  • Yds per Completion. Darnold 9.3  Flacco 11.7.  Advantage Flacco
  • Yards per attempt. Darnold 5.5, Flacco 6.4. Advantage Flacco
  • Sack Percentage.  Darnold 9%, Flacco 5%. Advantage Flacco
  • QB Rating.  Darnold 65.9, Flacco 80.6.  Advantage Flacco

Darnold is a below average NFL QB.  As an NFL QB, he is capable of a good game or two, but so is Flacco.  And in limited action, Flacco has been much better.  I especially like the sack percentage -- for those who lament poor Sam playing behind this OL.  While Joe Flacco has been playing behind the same OL, he is sacked way less than Darnold.  Is the OL making Darnold look bad, or is it the other way around.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

While Joe Flacco has been playing behind the same OL, he is sacked way less than Darnold.  Is the OL making Darnold look bad, or is it the other way around.

Stats can be made to prove any point.

I'll counter with mentioning one played with WRs 6, 7 n 8 on the depth chart much of the time.  While the other played with 1, 2 n 3.

I think WRs play some role in completions and having some place to throw the ball.

Why rush the decision?  It's in Sam's hands now.  If he plays well, we don't take a QB.

Sit back and enjoy the last games and see if the kid can perform.  Plenty of time in the off-season to trash Sam if needed.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

We’re potentially down 3 offensive linemen, again starting 3 rookie DBs and a 37 year old RB.  Sam also has been terrible this year and is most likely still hurt. Not to mention the dolphins beat us 24-0 the last time we met.  

So if Sam plays well, maybe he could be good?

Darnold is a below average NFL QB.  As an NFL QB, he is capable of a good game or two, but so is Flacco.  And in limited action, Flacco has been much better.  I especially like the sack percentage -- for those who lament poor Sam playing behind this OL.  While Joe Flacco has been playing behind the same OL, he is sacked way less than Darnold.  Is the OL making Darnold look bad, or is it the other way around.

Now take out the 2 Flacco games with a full set of WRs

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So if Sam plays well, maybe he could be good?

I’m not a believer in 1 hit wonders.  Sam has show flashes but his biggest problem is consistency.  This year was supposed to be that year but again, he missed a significant amount of games and the games he played in he’s been Bad. Capital B bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

I’m not a believer in 1 hit wonders.  Sam has show flashes but his biggest problem is consistency.  This year was supposed to be that year but again, he missed a significant amount of games and the games he played in he’s been Bad. Capital B bad.

Do you think Trevor would have been great here with Gase and WRs 6, 7 n 8?

Has Sam been bad, or has the team been bad?

I think he's gonna look good if the WRs n oline can stay relatively healthy to finish the season.

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Stats can be made to prove any point.

I'll counter with mentioning one played with WRs 6, 7 n 8 on the depth chart much of the time.  While the other played with 1, 2 n 3.

I think WRs play some role in completions and having some place to throw the ball.

Why rush the decision?  It's in Sam's hands now.  If he plays well, we don't take a QB.

Sit back and enjoy the last games and see if the kid can perform.  Plenty of time in the off-season to trash Sam if needed.

Sam has the chance to win back/keep his job by playing well over the last 6 weeks.  On that point we agree.

I am just tired of all the excuses that we have been making for bad QB play over the last decade.  Sanchez, Geno, Sam.  There have been tons of excuses over the years.  Bad QB play is still bad QB play.  Its not just the numbers.  Watch the tape.  Sam missing open receivers, holding the ball too long, not seeing the field, not seeing the rush, bailing out of the pocket too soon.  It is not just in the numbers.  Watching how he fails to execute on those items that are within h is control is really what soured me on Sam.  I was a big fan and supporter of his in the offseason.  But the guy I have been watching this year has regressed from last season and is not a good QB.  The numbers support that.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I will not root against Sam Darnold.  As unlikely as it is, I’d rather Sam somehow rattle off 6 straight wins and play well.

That all being said...the dude hasn’t played well in one game this year.  The last bit of faith  I have in him is nothing more than blind hope.

• Upvote 2

No need.  If Sam plays well with a full set of WRs, then maybe you are right.  If I am wrong about Sam, it would not be the first time I was wrong about a QB.  We will see.

There is only a need because those numbers are very different when you exclude the games where Flacco had an advantage at the skill positions

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

56 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He’ll pull out a good game or two and it’ll cost us the #1 spot. 
There’s no way this will go how we all want it to.   

The only hope we have is that the defense continues to give up a ton of points. BUT, Fitzpatrick seems to be at the bad end of cycle so this could be bad. 

Please look over the Jets defensive backfield depth chart and go to sleep with confidence. Even if Darnold somehow learns how to make a quick decision for a few series, it won't be enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Here’s the thing.  While most fans probably want them to lose so they have a shot at drafting Lawrence, I’m not so sure this is how Douglas was planning for things to unfold.  I suspect he wanted to go with darnold but was also open to drafting QBs with fairly high picks hence using a fourth on Morgan.  For all those who blast the pick, until the team gets a QBs they need to try and get one.  Through the draft or free agency, the key is to upgrade the position.  So, I’m thinking Douglas was expecting 4-6 wins which would get the jets into the top 10 and then use the draft to upgrade other positions besides QBs.  Now that a 0-16 season and drafting a generational QBs may be possible, the plan changes.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Sam Darnold is still younger then Flacco was when he took his first ever snap week 1 of his rookie year.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And I'm scared that if I put my picture up in a personal ad in the KyivPost, scores of hot, single and married Ukrainian women will inadvertently and tragically drown whilst trying to swim the length of the Atlantic Ocean to come f*ck me.

You must be one handsome man ??

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Sam Darnold is still younger then Flacco was when he took his first ever snap week 1 of his rookie year.

Age doesn’t automatically make Sam good, nor does it excuse him from being outplayed by the corpse of Joe Flacco this year. 

Sam is a bad QB, and nothing he has done this far disputes that.

28 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Do you think Trevor would have been great here with Gase and WRs 6, 7 n 8?

Please don't ever mention Sam Darnold within the same sentence as Trevor Lawrence, ever again. 

Trevor Lawrence just almost broke the NCAA record for most consecutive passes without a single INT thrown (over 300+ passes throughout 12 consecutive games without a single INT)...

When in comparison to Sam Darnold who was an absolute fumbling and interception turnover machine @ USC and the definition of turnover prone. 

And if I were to post Trevor's High School and NCAA statistical dominance to that of Sam's HS (fumbling machine) and NCAA (turnover freak) career? Trevor Lawrence embarrasses Sam Darnold within every quarterbacking statistical category known to mankind. 

So once again please don't ever mention Sam Darnold within the same sentence as Trevor Lawrence, ever again. 

(plz and thnx you). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Age doesn’t automatically make Sam good, nor does it excuse him from being outplayed by the corpse of Joe Flacco.

Sam is a bad QB, and nothing he has done this far disputes that.

Meh I disagree, Sam can be a very good QB he just has been dealt a sh*t hand in every aspect.  Now imagine Sam Darnold on the 2008 Ravens team, and 12 years later mopping up his career he probably should be able to navigate a sh*tty situation a hell of a lot better then a 23 year old.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Meh I disagree, Sam can be a very good QB he just has been dealt a sh*t hand in every aspect.  Now imagine Sam Darnold on the 2008 Ravens team, and 12 years later mopping up his career he probably should be able to navigate a sh*tty situation a hell of a lot better then a 23 year old.

Age doesn’t excuse Sam Darnold from being a turnover machine in both college and the NFL.

Age doesn’t mean Sam Darnold gets a free pass for missing wide open receivers.

Age doesn’t excuse Sam for failing to identify a pre-snap blitz and set the right protection.

He has almost 3 years of NFL experience.  If he felt that he was too young, or not ready, he should have stayed at USC one more year.  Plenty of QBs were dealt sh*t hands and overcame it.  Burrow, up until he got hurt, was thriving in a sh*t situation.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And I'm scared that if I put my picture up in a personal ad in the KyivPost, scores of hot, single and married Ukrainian women will inadvertently and tragically drown whilst trying to swim the length of the Atlantic Ocean to come f*ck me.

I just want them to bring cabbage rolls and perogies and all the fixings.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

As one of the best posters here, I’m surprised that you make this disingenuous argument. Darnold didn’t play with healthy receivers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I’d happily have the Jets win out of this is even remotely a possibility. 

• Haha 2