I’m scared Darnold will cost us the tank

54 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Sacred of a happy foot Jag who can’t hit or see open receivers constantly? ????

I was legit fearful of Flacco but Sam? I don’t see him carrying a poor team at all. Remember “if Sam just had some help”, and the excuses for the Sam sympathizers are already flowing “3 Starting O-line will be down Sunday” 

Give me a break ??

Post like this just proves my point........FEAR!

• Upvote 1

you guys dont get it. Sam is injury prone. he has miss games in all 3 years. and he gets stupid injuries like Mono. reminds me of that Met player who got sick and missed games cause he didnt know how to cook chicken right and ate it. maybe that will be sams next injury. when someone gets injury this many times in his first 3 years they dont stop. and they become bigger injuries. what good is he if he gets better and keeps missing games every year. and where is Morgan? obviously JD thinks something of him or he wouldnt have drafted him. Flacco wont be here next year. in this wasted season give him a chance. at least have him on the team to backup

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

That’s not my point, the point is the Jets would not be picking top 2 and would have no choice but to stick with him.

The Jets would have to win 3 games to drop below the 2nd pick.  That's not happening with the schedule they have and the defense they're currently putting out there. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Just looking at facts....

Sammy's first two seasons have ended with him being a top 5 QB. So based on history it would make sense that he's going to start ripping things up on the field? ESpecially, when he has a healthy trio of WR's. If he does in fact pick up his play, what are you Darnold hater idiots going to say?

He played well. Top 5 QB? No. Your can't be playing like a top 5 QB and finish the last 5 games with your team averaging 13 pts per game.  The biggest difference between last year and this year is that the defense is not playing like a top 10 defense. That's not changing any time soon with the defensive players they currently have. Getting rid of the veteran defensive players but keeping the offense together was a good way to keep the tank going while also still being able to evaluate Darnold for the rest of the year.  Even if Darnold lights it up he has never been able to stay healthy. You can't have your starting QB missing 2-3 games every year. Best case scenario is he plays well and the defense stinks and they still wind up with the #1 pick. You can maximize trade return for Darnold while also resetting the clock for a rookie QB contract. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, heymangold said:

We’re potentially down 3 offensive linemen, again starting 3 rookie DBs and a 37 year old RB.  Sam also has been terrible this year and is most likely still hurt. Not to mention the dolphins beat us 24-0 the last time we met.  

Our punter is better!

Even though a lot of things have changed.  You still have to follow out the Sam Darnold era to it's logical conclusion.  That was the whole point of starting to build the team around him.  Yeah.  He's probably toast.  He looks absolutely like a shell of himself out there.  But six games of Flacco would be just to showcase him as a backup for other teams.  See this bad picture out till it's bitter and sad ending.  And lets not worry.  An entire legion of Jets fans (like Greeny) will be out there to blame the organization for ruining the golden thicc trunky coastal USC prodigy that could have been.  (shakes head) I knew USC fans who weren't sold on his potential.  Kid's a bust.  It happens.  Not everybody gets drafted by Andy Reid.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He’ll pull out a good game or two and it’ll cost us the #1 spot. 
There’s no way this will go how we all want it to.   

The only hope we have is that the defense continues to give up a ton of points. BUT, Fitzpatrick seems to be at the bad end of cycle so this could be bad. 

Also this str8 up 10 ply Bud.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

you guys dont get it. Sam is injury prone. he has miss games in all 3 years. and he gets stupid injuries like Mono. reminds me of that Met player who got sick and missed games cause he didnt know how to cook chicken right and ate it. maybe that will be sams next injury. when someone gets injury this many times in his first 3 years they dont stop. and they become bigger injuries. what good is he if he gets better and keeps missing games every year. and where is Morgan? obviously JD thinks something of him or he wouldnt have drafted him. Flacco wont be here next year. in this wasted season give him a chance. at least have him on the team to backup

Cant blame him for mono.  That's just a fluke.  But otherwise correct.  His most recent injury is the most infuriating because it was clearly his own fault for holding the ball way too long and getting slammed.  He simply doesnt make decisions quickly or well. He doesnt know yet how to throw the ball away... he either holds it way too long so that even poor pass rushing teams have an advantage or he throws it off his back foot, lofting it up for grabs.  

I am curious how he does with all of Crowder, Parriman and Mims.  Oh yeah, and a Herndon sighting or 2.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

Cant blame him for mono.  That's just a fluke.  But otherwise correct.  His most recent injury is the most infuriating because it was clearly his own fault for holding the ball way too long and getting slammed.  He simply doesnt make decisions quickly or well. He doesnt know yet how to throw the ball away... he either holds it way too long so that even poor pass rushing teams have an advantage or he throws it off his back foot, lofting it up for grabs.  

I am curious how he does with all of Crowder, Parriman and Mims.  Oh yeah, and a Herndon sighting or 2.

That injury happened on an illegal hit. Should have absolutely been a personal foul. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Even during his vaunted 4 game stretch at the end of 2018 the Jets finished 1-3. This team is bad enough to lose games even if the QB plays well. 

We peaked with the NE game.  I thought that was our best chance to win a game this year.  And now the secondary is shot (although I do have some faith in Hall emerging.)  Unless Sam suddenly puts himself together and utilizes his weapons, I just don't see just don't see us winning.  Miami has the second best defense in the league and they will probably chew him up.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

That injury happened on an illegal hit. Should have absolutely been a personal foul. 

true.  But it never would have happened if Darnold didnt hold the ball for an eternity.  Sam still hasn't learned how to throw it away like all the other pros.  Geez, it's not rocket science.  Like Sanchez, Sam's brain processes slowly. Maybe too slowly for any real success in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

"Good. It improves his post-season trade value."

That’s all it will do because we aren’t winning any games. The remaining teams are vastly more talented then us and our secondary sucks. Golf, Wilson, Carr, Tua, Cam and even Sams JAG counterpart Baker are talented enough to exploit this weak secondary. 

i dont see Sam carrying this team to any wins 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Even though a lot of things have changed you still have to follow out the Sam Darnold era to it's logical conclusion.  That was the whole point of starting to build the team around him.  Yeah.  He's probably toast.  He looks absolutely like a shell of himself out there.  But six game of Flacco would be just to showcase him as a backup for other teams.  See this bad picture out till the bitter ending.  And lets not worry.  An entire legion of Jets fans (like Greeny) will be out there to blame the organization for ruining the golden thicc trunky coastal USC prodigy that could have been.  (shakes head) I knew USC fans who weren't sold on his potential.  Kid's a bust.  It happens.  Not everybody gets drafted by Andy Reid.

I wish I could like this post 1000 x’s

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Age doesn’t excuse Sam Darnold from being a turnover machine in both college and the NFL.

Age doesn’t mean Sam Darnold gets a free pass for missing wide open receivers.

Age doesn’t excuse Sam for failing to identify a pre-snap blitz and set the right protection.

He has almost 3 years of NFL experience.  If he felt that he was too young, or not ready, he should have stayed at USC one more year.  Plenty of QBs were dealt sh*t hands and overcame it.  Burrow, up until he got hurt, was thriving in a sh*t situation.

Good post... I for one want to see Sam's mental state, he needs to show the ability once and for all to read defenses, get the ball out of his hands at the right time. I think he has all the physical tools, he once and for all needs to show the mental tools.

8 hours ago, doitny said:

you guys dont get it. Sam is injury prone. he has miss games in all 3 years. and he gets stupid injuries like Mono. 

This is where I stopped reading. I'm not familiar with your other work, but does it mention the herpes contracting potential of members of the upcoming draft class? Is botulism mentioned AT ALL?

Edit: Apparently someone is a herpes activist lol I'll spread the word (pardon the expression, Gooch)

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Neither guy has been good, but Flacco has been by far the better QB:

• Completion Percent.  Darnold 58.6%, Flacco 55.2.  Advantage Darnold.
  • TD %.  Darnold 1.6%, Flacco 4.5%.  Advantage Flacco
  • Int % .  Darnold 3.1%, Flacco 2.2%. Advantage Flacco
  • Yds per Completion. Darnold 9.3  Flacco 11.7.  Advantage Flacco
  • Yards per attempt. Darnold 5.5, Flacco 6.4. Advantage Flacco
  • Sack Percentage.  Darnold 9%, Flacco 5%. Advantage Flacco
  • QB Rating.  Darnold 65.9, Flacco 80.6.  Advantage Flacco

Darnold is a below average NFL QB.  As an NFL QB, he is capable of a good game or two, but so is Flacco.  And in limited action, Flacco has been much better.  I especially like the sack percentage -- for those who lament poor Sam playing behind this OL.  While Joe Flacco has been playing behind the same OL, he is sacked way less than Darnold.  Is the OL making Darnold look bad, or is it the other way around.

I’m sold.

It’s so obvious. We need to build around Flacco and Gore. They are the future.

Add Larry Fitzgerald in a year and we have the Geriatric Triplets.

?

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

true.  But it never would have happened if Darnold didnt hold the ball for an eternity.  Sam still hasn't learned how to throw it away like all the other pros.  Geez, it's not rocket science.  Like Sanchez, Sam's brain processes slowly. Maybe too slowly for any real success in the NFL. 

He held on to the ball too long hoping someone could get open, with a group that had trouble doing so. I've seen him throw the ball away plenty of times. He's to be commended for trying too make something positive happen,and putting himself in harms way

15 minutes ago, genot said:

He held on to the ball too long hoping someone could get open, with a group that had trouble doing so. I've seen him throw the ball away plenty of times. He's to be commended for trying too make something positive happen,and putting himself in harms way

The Jets are 30th in pass block win rate this season. I imagine it's been just as bad or worse the two years previous. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Cost us the tank? He's an integral part of the tank. He just doesn't know it.

so true ... his mechanics have degraded so bad from game to game I'm not sure why they would even keep sending him out there. If we wanted to trade him and tank for Lawrence the best option would be to put him on injured reserve let Flacco finish the season and maybe give Morgan and shot or 2 to see how he handles the pro game. If Mims Crowder and Perriman are all healthy no reason not to at least take a look at Morgan if he sh*ts the bed we go back to the guy (Flacxcxo) who throws Int's at the best time for us to lose games, and get the number 1 pick. 

If we shut down Darnold for the season he can't go out there and continue to look like a High School QB 

• WTF? 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

Mono isnt an injury

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Because Jets ? And This is what Jets do ?

Because its hard to go 0 for the season

As much as fans think theres a tank and repeat it over and over again, coaches and players dont throw games for the next group of coaches and players benefit.  Theyre trying to win, dont want to be a footnote to history