I’m scared Darnold will cost us the tank

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Age doesn’t excuse Sam Darnold from being a turnover machine in both college and the NFL.

Age doesn’t mean Sam Darnold gets a free pass for missing wide open receivers.

Age doesn’t excuse Sam for failing to identify a pre-snap blitz and set the right protection.

He has almost 3 years of NFL experience.  If he felt that he was too young, or not ready, he should have stayed at USC one more year.  Plenty of QBs were dealt sh*t hands and overcame it.  Burrow, up until he got hurt, was thriving in a sh*t situation.

You missed the point, and come on dude Burrow has/had Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, AJ Green, Tee Higgins all 3 would be WR 1 here.

You blame Sam I blame the coaching, and roster building.  Just look at Jared Goff from Fisher to McVay, and Tannehill once away from Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You missed the point, and come on dude Burrow has/had Joe Mixon, Tyler Boyd, AJ Green, Tee Higgins all 3 would be WR 1 here.

You blame Sam I blame the coaching, and roster building.  Just look at Jared Goff from Fisher to McVay, and Tannehill once away from Gase.

I have gone over the burrow thing before.  AJ Green is washed, and Burrow threw for over 400 yards in a game without Mixon this year.  Tee Higgins is a rookie, just like Mims.  Mims has shown some serious promise too, conveniently in the games he’s played without Sam.  I’ll give you Boyd, but one wide receiver doesn’t change much.  Crowder fills that “dependable veteran WR” role just as well.  Burrows offensive line is also significantly worse than ours and yet Burrow does things a franchise QB is supposed to do, as a rookie, and Sam doesn’t, as a 3rd year veteran, regardless of his situation.

Maybe Sam turns it around under new coaching, but history is against him and it almost certainly won’t be happening here.

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have gone over the burrow thing before.  AJ Green is washed, and Burrow threw for over 400 yards in a game without Mixon this year.  Tee Higgins is a rookie, just like Mims.  Mims has shown some serious promise too, conveniently in the games he’s played without Sam.  I’ll give you Boyd, but one wide receiver doesn’t change much.  Crowder fills that “dependable veteran WR” role just as well.  Burrows offensive line is also significantly worse than ours and yet Burrow does things a franchise QB is supposed to do, as a rookie, and Sam doesn’t, as a 3rd year veteran, regardless of his situation.

Maybe Sam turns it around under new coaching, but history is against him and it almost certainly won’t be happening here.

He wins 2 games it’s happening here.  I’m rooting for him.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He’ll pull out a good game or two and it’ll cost us the #1 spot. 
There’s no way this will go how we all want it to.   

The only hope we have is that the defense continues to give up a ton of points. BUT, Fitzpatrick seems to be at the bad end of cycle so this could be bad. 

You're underestimating how bad Darnold is and how bad the defense is. 

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Tannehill played well for Gase, he just couldn't stay on the field

Just looking at facts....

Sammy's first two seasons have ended with him being a top 5 QB. So based on history it would make sense that he's going to start ripping things up on the field? ESpecially, when he has a healthy trio of WR's. If he does in fact pick up his play, what are you Darnold hater idiots going to say?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Age doesn’t automatically make Sam good, nor does it excuse him from being outplayed by the corpse of Joe Flacco this year. 

Sam is a bad QB, and nothing he has done this far disputes that.

The tank for trevor crowd is the same group who wanted Jets to suck for sam!  And its boooooooooorrrrrrriiiinnngggg!

Mahomes is a 10th pick.  Wilson is a 75th pick.  Brady is a 199th pick.  Rodgers is a 24th pick.  Brees is a 32nd pick.  Is anyone getting a pattern here?

The last "generational" qb pick I know of is Peyton Manning.  We all knew he was coming and he was as advertised.  Andrew Luck was going to be a generational pick.  Yawn!  Indy was so thrilled to get him.  How many SB's did that bring them?

Let's let JD decide about the our #1,2, or 3 pick.  Keep Sam?  Fine.  Trade the pick for more choices.  

Close your eyes and imagine this.  OL's who don't tie their shoe laces together before the game.  An edge rusher a step faster than you are (hopefully 2).  A CB or 2 who can actually cover.  Some WR's that even you can't cover.

The Jets have spent years digging their hole.  Maybe they were looking for Jimmy Hoffa.  The only way out is lots of high level picks and a competent GM.  So chill out and pray JD is the savior.

PS.  Skip the JD sucks replies.  Maybe he does.  But you don't know and I don't either.  We're just going to have to wait and see.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

The only hope we have is that the defense continues to give up a ton of points. BUT, Fitzpatrick seems to be at the bad end of cycle so this could be bad. 

Our D can't stop water flowing down a hill. Even Fitz will throw about 3 TDs

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He will this week. Coming off injury, all WRs are healthy, and with a point to prove.

Only hope at #1 is Jags stealing a game

• WTF? 1

Darnold been bad and has regressed.

A decent amount of it is not his fault.  (worst coach in the league by a mile, previous gm who was the worst in the league by a mile,  half the talent we brought in got hurt.)

If the Jets get the 1st or 2nd pick in this upcoming draft he will be gone most likely.

People that have totally given up on Darnold or always disliked him are nervous about the next game despite the assertions that he is awful and worse than Flacco, you can smell their fear, it is palpable.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, addage said:

The tank for trevor crowd is the same group who wanted Jets to suck for sam!  And its boooooooooorrrrrrriiiinnngggg!

Mahomes is a 10th pick.  Wilson is a 75th pick.  Brady is a 199th pick.  Rodgers is a 24th pick.  Brees is a 32nd pick.  Is anyone getting a pattern here?

The last "generational" qb pick I know of is Peyton Manning.  We all knew he was coming and he was as advertised.  Andrew Luck was going to be a generational pick.  Yawn!  Indy was so thrilled to get him.  How many SB's did that bring them?

Let's let JD decide about the our #1,2, or 3 pick.  Keep Sam?  Fine.  Trade the pick for more choices.  

Close your eyes and imagine this.  OL's who don't tie their shoe laces together before the game.  An edge rusher a step faster than you are (hopefully 2).  A CB or 2 who can actually cover.  Some WR's that even you can't cover.

The Jets have spent years digging their hole.  Maybe they were looking for Jimmy Hoffa.  The only way out is lots of high level picks and a competent GM.  So chill out and pray JD is the savior.

PS.  Skip the JD sucks replies.  Maybe he does.  But you don't know and I don't either.  We're just going to have to wait and see.

Sam is a very bad QB and a bust.  You don’t tie your future to a leaky ship.  Yeah.  Most here wanted him.  Now he’s shown that he isn’t a franchise QB, and most want to move on.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  

Sam can’t set a protection, identify a blitz, and holds the ball too long.  Getting him an OL won’t change that (nevermind the fact that the offensive line has actually played halfway decent this year, especially with Flacco under center because he doesn’t screw up as much as Darnold).

Sam constantly misses guys streaking over the middle of the field, wide open.  Getting him skill position players won’t change that.

I’m gonna just toss out the rest of your post because you are already insinuating that Andrew Luck wasn’t a good QB, or pick, ignoring the fact that Grigson destroyed his promising (potentially HoF) career, and telling us that’s why we should pass on another generational QB prospect.  That’s enough for me to know where this conversation will end up.

Lastly, no one said anything about Douglas sucking.  I don’t know what made you want to include that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

31 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean darnold just hasn’t looked good in three year worth of snaps. Maybe that stretch at the end of his first year. He’s at his best a streaky QB and you can win consistently with him. I had high hopes for him but I think it’s not clicking for him between the ears. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Please don't ever mention Sam Darnold within the same sentence as Trevor Lawrence, ever again. 

Trevor Lawrence just almost broke the NCAA record for most consecutive passes without a single INT thrown (over 300+ passes throughout 12 consecutive games without a single INT)...

When in comparison to Sam Darnold who was an absolute fumbling and interception turnover machine @ USC and the definition of turnover prone. 

And if I were to post Trevor's High School and NCAA statistical dominance to that of Sam's HS (fumbling machine) and NCAA (turnover freak) career? Trevor Lawrence embarrasses Sam Darnold within every quarterbacking statistical category known to mankind. 

So once again please don't ever mention Sam Darnold within the same sentence as Trevor Lawrence, ever again. 

(plz and thnx you). 

Because what has Trevor proven?  Other than hes the next new toy that fans can scream to tank for.  As they did with Sam 4 years ago.

And I love Trevor, want him but who gives a damn about his HS career?  Burrow was a nothing up until his last year at LSU.  I pray that Trevor is anywhere as good as Burrow was this season in Cincy.  

The idea that Sams HS and college career is embarrassing is a load of nonsense, 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Ummmmmmm NOW YOU WAKE UP!!!

Penguin Gotham GIF - Penguin Gotham WakingUp GIFs

Ok....... :) 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Just looking at facts....

Sammy's first two seasons have ended with him being a top 5 QB. So based on history it would make sense that he's going to start ripping things up on the field? ESpecially, when he has a healthy trio of WR's. If he does in fact pick up his play, what are you Darnold hater idiots going to say?

I’m going to say, “Well sh*t. I wish we had a QB that could do that for more than six games per year.”

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because what has Trevor proven?  Other than hes the next new toy that fans can scream to tank for.  As they did with Sam 4 years ago.

And I love Trevor, want him but who gives a damn about his HS career?  Burrow was a nothing up until his last year at LSU.  I pray that Trevor is anywhere as good as Burrow was this season in Cincy.  

The idea that Sams HS and college career is embarrassing is a load of nonsense, 

All I'm saying is don't ever think Trevor was Sam "of 4 years ago" and don't ever compare Sam to Trevor coming out as a prospect either. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Please don't ever mention Sam Darnold within the same sentence as Trevor Lawrence, ever again. 

Trevor Lawrence just almost broke the NCAA record for most consecutive passes without a single INT thrown (over 300+ passes throughout 12 consecutive games without a single INT)...

When in comparison to Sam Darnold who was an absolute fumbling and interception turnover machine @ USC and the definition of turnover prone. 

And if I were to post Trevor's High School and NCAA statistical dominance to that of Sam's HS (fumbling machine) and NCAA (turnover freak) career? Trevor Lawrence embarrasses Sam Darnold within every quarterbacking statistical category known to mankind. 

So once again please don't ever mention Sam Darnold within the same sentence as Trevor Lawrence, ever again. 

(plz and thnx you). 

I usually cringe at post like this, but you are correct in everything you typed. 

cant argue one bit

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

LOL these are all facts being stated, Sam needs 10 other all-pros on offense to look average is basically what these Sam apologist are saying  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

We don't have starting quality cornerbacks, we don't have a pass rush, it adds up to  about 28 points being hung on the Jets this Sunday.

Will Darnold score enough to keep the game close? 

Tua's thumb on his throwing hand is messed up, will it be Fitzmagic?

Miami is favored a touchdown over the Jets, the Browns are favored by a touchdown over the Jaguars.

Which one have the bookies got right?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Darnold been bad and has regressed.

A decent amount of it is not his fault.  (worst coach in the league by a mile, previous gm who was the worst in the league by a mile,  half the talent we brought in got hurt.)

If the Jets get the 1st or 2nd pick in this upcoming draft he will be gone most likely.

People that have totally given up on Darnold or always disliked him are nervous about the next game despite the assertions that he is awful and worse than Flacco, you can smell their fear, it is palpable.

Sacred of a happy foot Jag who can’t hit or see open receivers constantly? ????

I was legit fearful of Flacco but Sam? I don’t see him carrying a poor team at all. Remember “if Sam just had some help”, and the excuses for the Sam sympathizers are already flowing “3 Starting O-line will be down Sunday” 

Give me a break ??

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I just don't believe in Darnold any more.  When Darnold plays badly, he seems to be excused.  How can he play with a bad OL and bad receivers.  Poor Sam.  I think criticsm of the OL is way overblown, especially when Flacco is sacked at almost half the rate that Darnold is.

When I watch Sam's film, and I try to watch items that are in his control, I see a guy who is lost in the pocket.  He does not feel the rush.  When receivers are open, he does not see them.  He does not make accurate throws from the pocket.  He does not throw receivers open or put the ball in a spot where the reciever can make a play even if covered.  He does not throw an accurate deep ball or make big plays from the pocket.  He still seems to make rookie mistakes, throwing balls up for grabs, off his back foot or into coverage.  His big plays this year have been outside the structure of the play, when he either is forced to scramble or bails out.  I have not seen him make accurate deep thows like the long TD passes Flacco has thrown each of the last two weeks.  I don't think it is all Sam's fault, he was put in a bad situation where it was difficult to succeed. -- he has been poorly coached and he has below average receivers.  And even though i think the OL is better than last year, it is still below average.

I think Joe Flacco gives the team a better chance to win.  Which was my point in posting the stats.  I think Flacco has been better than Darnold this season.  I also do not think either guy has been good.  That said, Darnold is and should be the starter the rest of the season if healthy.  He deserves the chance to show he is better than the numbers indicate.

I would like to be comparing a young Jets QB to the top QBs in the league.  Not to a 35 year old who has not had a really good year in about 8 seasons.

Thanks for the reply, and fair enough. I think Darnold plays well to finish the season now that the receivers are healthy. If he sucks I won’t hide from that. 

• Sympathy 1