I’m scared Darnold will cost us the tank

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Dolphins only scored 3 points in the second half. After watching it again on Gamepass I came away more worried than before. Miles Gaskin was the star of that game and he is out. Their most productive WR that game Jakeem Grant is questionable. Jets gashed them with the running game. Perriman routinely gashed their corner and had his best game to that point. This could be really bad.......

The Jets still didn't score a single point against Miami.  Their defense will dominate this game, even with the Jets finally healthy at WR.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

OL was not the same for both.  The two starts that Becton missed, were Flacco starts.  MIami and Arizona.  In the MIami game, without Becton, Edoga and Lewis also went down, replaced by Josh Andrews and Conor Mcdermott.  Flacco played half that game behind a 3rd string LT.

I am not making excuses for either guy.  Both guys have been put in bad situations.  Neither has played well.  

So that makes it even worse that Darnold had a worse sack percentage than Flacco who missed Becton for 2 games plus most of the Patriots game.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Well, I don't know where they get the pass block win rate percentage (I honestly don't) but the Jets are currently 30th. 

OK.  And Flacco managed to take less sacks than Darnold.  And as @Lith just pointed out, Becton did not start in 2 of Flacco's games.

The OL is not good.  But Flacco was less impacted by the OL than Darnold, even though Darnold theoretically has the better skillset to handle pressure, and had Becton protecting his blindside.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We're winning tomorrow. It's depressing. Watch. 

Not worried at all about that.  You guys are seriously underestimating how much better the Dolphins are than this Jets team, and seriously overestimating how much it will matter that Darnold has healthy receivers.

And in any case, Darnold has to win 3, not 1, games in order to make any tangible difference.  The Jets will be picking in the top 2 regardless of what happens.  He's not costing us the tank.

• Post of the Week 1

The team has been playing much better in Darnold's absence, with the rejuvenated receiving corps, better OL play, and a pretty decent run defense anchored by Q, Fatukasi and Franklin-Myers. Going 0-16 is hard to begin with, and I definitely don't think this team is bad enough to accomplish the feat. Gotta pray that the Jags win one or two more games and/or Darnold continues to play like he did the beginning of the season.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

You brought Adams into this debate not me. If this was a tank job it did not start with the Adams trade at all and I never said it did so in that case you're arguing with yourself. Adams got traded because he didn't want to be here.

If this team was winning would Williamson and McClendon have been traded ? Of course not. They got dumped because they are not in the long term plans due to their age and they were given a chance to go to teams that are contending. Douglas did the right thing by them. if Douglas plan was too squeak a few wins out of this team neither of those trades would have happened. The team is certainly weaker due to them not being here and its obvious. McClendon had a leadership role in the locker room as did Williamson so with that being said Douglas made the decision to start this thing over as a fresh rebuild and by weakening a team that had no chance this year he put himself in a better draft position by doing so.

FWIW I'm not trying to be cranky but you brought things into this debate I never mentioned and claim that's my stance if you claim Douglas was trying to win this year by dumping McClendon and Williamson then lets just agree to disagree. And when it comes to Sam Darnold he's exactly what I said he would be before we drafted him he had terrible mechanics then and he has them now but he's regressing even from that point and yes some of that was lack of talent around him but he was bad at certain things long before he came to the Jets. Douglas see's this and is acting accordingly

I brought what others said about Adams being traded after you said Mgt can tank by trading away players.  I was clear, that wasn't tanking, I have no idea what the point is/

McClendon wasnt playing and cant play.  He adds nothing to a rebuilding team and the Jets traded him to do him a favor.  I totally agree, not sure about Williamson, but retaining either wasnt doing a thing towards winning.  Williamson couldn't cover before his knee, was a total liability on the field, SF game proved that, was all that was needed to come to that conclusion.  

I think you should look back at what I was saying, there wasnt an argument being made, just disputing the idea that there is a concerted effort to tank.  Really just a what happens if we happen to win a game and this place freaks out about how "jetsy" it is to ruin a tank

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And they can still win if we get Fitztragic.  That's the sad part.

OT:  With Lamar Jackson out, I have to choose a QB for my final week in a FF league.  Who puts up more yards and scores today: Taysom Hill, Fitz(ma)(tra)gic, or Mayfield? (Good Lord, how did it ever come to this?)

I'm leaning Hill.  Anyone can chime in.  If I win today, I am in playoffs.  If I lose, over and out. 

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK.  And Flacco managed to take less sacks than Darnold.  And as @Lith just pointed out, Becton did not start in 2 of Flacco's games.

The OL is not good.  But Flacco was less impacted by the OL than Darnold, even though Darnold theoretically has the better skillset to handle pressure, and had Becton protecting his blindside.

Only because Loggains airs it out when Flacco starts, we run bubble screens and swing passes when Darnold starts. Not sure why.

13 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Only because Loggains airs it out when Flacco starts, we run bubble screens and swing passes when Darnold starts. Not sure why.

Maybe because Perriman, Mims and Crowder have never been on the field together with Sam?

What, two long Berrios passes dont count?  lol 

13 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Just saw this stat on SI.com. “The Dolphins have lost their last 10 road games against teams coming in with a losing record.”   

That cant be right, off the top they beat the Jaguars earlier this season, in Jax

Check that, the Jags were 1-1, but really that was the only .500 or worse road team they've played this season and last years Dolphin team vs this years is apples and oranges.

18 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Dolphins only scored 3 points in the second half. After watching it again on Gamepass I came away more worried than before. Miles Gaskin was the star of that game and he is out. Their most productive WR that game Jakeem Grant is questionable. Jets gashed them with the running game. Perriman routinely gashed their corner and had his best game to that point. This could be really bad.......

Welp. I was right about Fitzapatric sucking in the second half. Didn't expect Darnold to be so bad.

OH PLEASE DARNOLD SYMPATHIZERS, DONT RUB IT IN TOO BAD!!!!!!

WHAT IS DARNITS EXCUSE NOW?!??? 

??????????

Edit: You Sam sympathizers are weak, wont even show your face after game day but had that BUM played good y’all would’ve been the first in here saying “see Sam can play” 

The “I feel bad for a young millionaire who’s been trash and not improved in any way in 3 years” IS WHATS SAD. NOT THE JETS LOOKING TO UPGRADE THE POSITION.

idc if sad, sulking and sucking Sam makes you feel bad THIS IS GROWN MANS LEAGUE AND HE ISNT BUILT PERIOD!