POLL: Which HC is worse: Adam Gase vs ... ?

POLL: Which HC is worse: Adam Gase vs ... ?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Which HC is worse: Adam Gase vs Todd Bowles?

• Adam Gase
    • Todd Bowles
    • I don't want to vote on this one
  2. 2. POLL: Which HC is worse: Adam Gase vs Rich Kotite?

• Adam Gase
    • Rich Kotite
  3. 3. POLL: Which HC is worse: Adam Gase vs Joe Walton?

• Adam Gase
    • Joe Walton
  4. 4. POLL: Which HC is worse: Adam Gase vs Bruce Coslet?

• Adam Gase
    • Bruce Coslet

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 08:45 PM

All four were horrible head coaches.  Joe Walton was the offensive genius of the 1980's who couldn't figure out a way to get a first down.  That was all he needed to advance.  Failed.

Bruce Coslet was also an offensive guru.  His teams were terrible.  Never his fault.

Bowles a good guy but had no business being a head coach, particularly in New York.  

Hard to believe anyone could be worse than Rich Kotite.  Breathtakingly incompetent.  Also a horrible person.

With Adam Gase, the Jets have reached an all-time low in their storied history of incompetence.  This QB whisperer and offensive genius brings a new meaning to the word awful.  It's shameful what the Johnsons let him do to Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 3

i dont know how Joe Walton gets on this list.

Rich Kotite   4-28  125%       worst winning percentage is jets history if you dont count the one game Mike Holovak lost 

Adam Gase.. 7-19  269%    no playoff games   if he goes 0-16 he will have the 2nd worst winning percentage in jets history if you dont count the 1-4 record of interm  coach Ken Shipp in 1975

Todd Bowels  24-40  375% no playoff games did have one 10 win season

but Joe Walton?

53-57-1 

2 over 10 win seasons

2 playoffs season 3 games

1 playoff win

and he is #2 for most jet wins

hell if you add up all 3 of there wins they dont even come close to Joe Walton 53-35

ok hes no Bill Parcells but he should never be mention in the same breath as the 3 above.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i dont know how Joe Walton gets on this list.

Rich Kotite   4-28  125%       worst winning percentage is jets history if you dont count the one game Mike Holovak lost 

Adam Gase.. 7-19  269%    no playoff games   if he goes 0-16 he will have the 2nd worst winning percentage in jets history if you dont count the 1-4 record of interm  coach Ken Shipp in 1975

Todd Bowels  24-40  375% no playoff games did have one 10 win season

but Joe Walton?

53-57-1 

2 over 10 win seasons

2 playoffs season 3 games

1 playoff win

and he is #2 for most jet wins

hell if you add up all 3 of there wins they dont even come close to Joe Walton 53-35

ok hes no Bill Parcells but he should never be mention in the same breath as the 3 above.

Did you see him coach?

He took over a very talented team. And drove them into the dirt.  Best 4-3 defensive line in the league, let's make em a 3-4.   

Coslet was bad.  The minute he brought in an over the hill boomer you knew he wasn’t very good.  And he quit because the jets wanted him to hire an offensive coordinator.

As for the rest, they all had teams with better talent especially at the skill positions. And they all have little to show for it.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Did you see him coach?

He took over a very talented team. And drove them into the dirt.  Best 4-3 defensive line in the league, let's make em a 3-4.   

yes i did. 

but if 2 10 plus win seasons and 2 playoff appearances gets you in the same conversation as 4 other guys who didnt even sniff the playoffs then somethings wrong. 

and he kept the 4-3 until 1985 when he switched to a 3-4 and won 11 games. and then 10 games in 1986. so apparently he knew something.

no wonder why a good coach dont want to come to NY. you could have some success but get fired in the end for a few losing seasons and nobody wants to give you credit for the good. only the bad.

that why we keep getting stuck with losers like Gase and Bowles. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

yes i did. 

but if 2 10 plus win seasons and 2 playoff appearances gets you in the same conversation as 4 other guys who didnt even sniff the playoffs then somethings wrong. 

and he kept the 4-3 until 1985 when he switched to a 3-4 and won 11 games. and then 10 games in 1986. so apparently he knew something.

no wonder why a good coach dont want to come to NY. you could have some success but get fired in the end for a few losing seasons and nobody wants to give you credit for the good. only the bad.

that why we keep getting stuck with losers like Gase and Bowles. 

He wasn't kotitie bad, but he was a poor HC, who didn't get another chance.

I honestly don't remember Coslet much other than they had some horrifically bad drafts with him.

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Gase actually had 10 wins in this league.  Kotite couldn’t dream that.  This is not even a debate 

Gase has a lower career winning percentage. 
30-45  (.400) including one playoff loss

Kotite is 41-57 (.418) including 1-1 in the playoffs 

Gase career point differential is -479

Kotite career point differential is -198

I know Gase is more recent so it seems like more people would just say it’s him but when gases teams lose they get blown out. 

He is terrible, actually giving Big Mac a run for his money in worst jet employee ever

8 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Gase actually had 10 wins in this league.  Kotite couldn’t dream that.  This is not even a debate 

actually Kotite went 10-6 and 11-5 in his first 2 years in Phila with one playoff win

he actually finish 4 seasons there with a winning record 36-28  563%

he didnt seam like a bad coach until he got here. 

13 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Kotite was worse than Gase. People are just reacting to the here and now.     Or they are too young 

Don't know about that....I know Kotite's team's were terrible, but they did lose a fair share of close games.   I know Kotite Jets got blown out a few times (opening day in Denver comes to mind), but I also remember them being relatively competitive and blowing games at the end.   Been a fan since the sack exchange....maybe its because I'm older now, but Gase is the first coach who has made me not care.

How does Joe Walton get on this list? In 1986, he was 10-1 and lost the last 5 games of the regular season. Lost a brutal game to Cleveland in the playoffs.  Had an awesomely talented team.  During that losing streak, he went into the locker room at half time with the lead and came out flat and listless.  The sign of a terrible coach.  He was horrendous.